The online racing simulator
Formula BMW is not shifting?
(13 posts, started )
Hey there, I'm new to live for speed and I just downloaded the demo. Figured I'd give it a try before I commit with cash

I'm just going through the demo training and have completed all the 'missions' as it were absolutely fine

However now that I have come to drive the Formula BMW car I am having problems shifting up and down

Whilst driving the first car I experienced no issues shifting gears

With the BMW I can happily flick through the gears whilst stationary and applying no throttle, but when I am driving a normal lap the gears only shift very intermitantly after repeated tapping on my shift paddle and I cannot shift above 4th gear

I don't know if this is a general known problem, but I can't see how any of my hardware can be at fault since shifting seems to work fine otherwise

Any information or advice on the issue is greatly appreciated
You need to lift the throttle to change year
In the Formula BMW you can't shift while you apply full throttle, release the throttle for a moment in order to shift.

This is how the real Formula BMW works, and LFS as a hardcore simulator copies every detail of the real thing
For downshifts you need to time your throttle blip properly, too. I frequently had issues with this timing for the first few weeks while I was driving it, too.
Or press the clutch.
Thanks for the help guys, tried it, works, loving it
Oooooh, a Brightoner.
Ok, now you can buy S2
You can't actually flatshift with Formula BMW. It just won't shift over 4th gear with holding full throttle. Go to single player and try it out, but if you succeed to flatshift it all the way, post the replay.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :You can't actually flatshift with Formula BMW. It just won't shift over 4th gear with holding full throttle. Go to single player and try it out, but if you succeed to flatshift it all the way, post the replay.

Attached files
J@tko_BL1X_FBM_2.spr - 7.9 KB - 181 views
Well I can do it with a keyboard and long gear ratios too. Won't work with my wheel and normal gear ratios tho, maybe the fault is at my end.
Nah it won't work with any "normal" gear ratios - whether it flat shifts or not depends on how fast you're going.
In theory, flat shift is always possible with dog clutch.

In reality, you can't because your sponsor doesn't like that...

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG