The online racing simulator
GTR Multiclass Server Revival!
(19 posts, started )
Hello all! I am here to announce that the GTR Multiclass server that had a successful launch last summer will return to action. The server has 3 classes and runs off of a lapper system developed by Tim NL, and some other bits we included by Sinanju. The server can be found as GTR Multiclass Beta online now for the LFS community to enjoy.
the car classes are
GT1: No restriction, 350 points
GT2: FZR 14% air intake restriction, FXR 16%, XRR 17%, 150 points
GT3: FZR 28% air intake restriction, FXR 32%, XRR 34%, Starter class, 0 points
GT2 is not the "normal GT2" because we wanted to make the GT2 cars faster than they currently are when compared to the GT3 cars.
We have a forum located here to report bugs and drivers.
http://gtrmrlfs.forumotion.com/
So please join us in making this a successful relaunch.
ps: insim will be slow until added to the 500servers box
right, i've moved all the lapper thing onto the 500controlpanel for matt just now. Shouldnt be any lag.
thanks to everyone who has come on and supported and raced racing has been fun for the past 2 days and I encourage more people to join us!
#4 - ZanZi
Have fun.
we did. So did your teammate Ivanonov. Trolololololol.
damnnnn, I like GTR's, and I would like to join this server, but now ill have to make new setups, cus I have them with different restrictions for GT2 (20%, 23%, 24%, on cargames)

how you came up with that amount of restrictions?
#7 - ZanZi
Quote from Bmxtwins :we did. So did your teammate Ivanonov. Trolololololol.

sadly i cant be bothered to waste my time cruising with you guys.
I had some great races yesterday with you guys
#9 - BLOBO
:cat3: :tempted:
Server is down temporarily, being moved to a different cpanel account.
- About GT2 class. We wanted to try something new and see what you guys think. If it is not a success we can always change it up again, also because were not CG.NL.
backup, setups found here
Quote from BLOBO ::cat3: :tempted:

cmon you know you had a good time last summer
We are currently looking for server mods to help run the server during the day. I and the current staff cannot be there at all times. so if you want to apply visit our site and fill out a app
Server will be down until Monday. Is anyone actualy even interested in this server? or is it not worth running?
Try to make new classes?

Some GT1.5, where a fast GT1.5 would be able to catch a normal GT1.

As well as you open up for the ordinary XFR/UFR and create some GT2 cars who will be in danger to get caught by a fast XFR/UFR racer.

Just an idea...
GT1: No restriction, 350 points
GT2: FZR 14% air intake restriction, FXR 16%, XRR 17%, 150 points
GT3: FZR 28% air intake restriction, FXR 32%, XRR 34%, Starter class, 0 points
well, I wouldnt want to many classes but a NGT class could be instituted, IDK how much that would bring the popularity level up but I can always try it
and GT 1.5 is pretty much a GT2 class while GT3 is a slower GT2 class pretty much. and Like I said, I need more people who can moderate the server while I cannot and while the current mods cannot as well, but no one has yet applied so I encourage you to do so.
First of all, thanks for this nice effort to bring some proper GTR-racing back to day-to-day LFS-racing.

I agree with Rudi here, you guys should try running regular restrictions. Even if people have the skills to adapt their setups, I think most don't want to put in the effort of doing it to drive on a server that is mostly empty to begin with. Besides, to me personally as a relatively experienced GTR-driver, it's totally unattractive to have to do races in GT3-spec to be able to race a regular GTR-race later on.

You're mostly fishing from the same pool of drivers as those that are driving on cargame and the AMG/AS3-server, plus those that are driving GTAL/IGTC/MoE/etc. So in my opinion, to make it easily accessible and attractive to those drivers, it would be best to make the server unrestricted GTR/NGT as GT2 is already available on cargame. In this spec, the rookies will generally keep out of the GTR-action both in class and on track (on longer tracks GTR's normally won't lap NGT's in a 15-minute race), and the NGT-class seems to be quite popular among GTR-drivers as well. I know this is being done already, but what the heck

If the server proves to be popular and the threshold to be promoted to GTR-class isn't too high, I'd gladly drive a couple of races in an UFR, anyway.
bert the GT2 class isnt even close to Cargame's.
Ill be reformatting some things adding classes ETC and hopefully have it back up monday after the GT3TCC round.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG