The online racing simulator
Random checkpoints
(8 posts, started )
Random checkpoints
Purists may won't like this so much, but I think it can be funny.

When the race starts in an open configuration track, you can see somewhere on the mini map the first checkpoint, and when you arrive to it, the new checkpoint appears in other place. It may be far away from your position, may be just behind you, or perhaps in any other unexpected site. There is a limited number of checkpoints and the one who first arrives at last one, wins.

What do you think about this idea?

PS. Please, could you tell me my english mistakes?
Scawen said Demo won't get open configurations.
I know, but I was thinking about this idea and wanted to read other opinions. May be some S1/S2 users likes it.

And also, I am going to buy the game sooner or later, but this is not the point.

This is not an urgent nor important thing for the game, but as a fun idea, what do you think?
I think it could be done easily with InSim by using points of reference "Hairpin, chicane, etc" and then definiing a box for each point.. then selecting them from Random.

Built into LFS.. I think is too arcade of a feature for a race sim.
Probably too much like an arcade game for most.

Edit/ Just beaten to it!
-
(Ferwin) DELETED by Ferwin
-
(Ferwin) DELETED by Ferwin
I agree, it is not a serious idea, too arcade for simulation, so I think it will never become a part of the game core.

But as an alternative, for casual moments, with InSim, as you say, could be funny, don't you think?

Thanks for your answers!
Would be a laugh done with Insim, especially with lots of players. You get to the checkpoint, it waits for a few seconds before gives you the new one, and everyone tears off in the new direction.

I agree it wouldn't be appropriate to hardcode it into LFS though.
Not going to lie. I still play games like Midnight club and NFS underground for that fun aspect..

While I think adding random check points to LFS may be unrealistic in a sense I think it would add a good fun element to it... I mean come on we have servers dedicated to crashing each other in a carpark and others with random jumps scattered through the track, not exactly a real racing environment.

I think the random check point idea could help improve peoples ability for defensive driving and reaction time while also being a heap of fun

Just my 2 cents.

Random checkpoints
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG