The online racing simulator
Stream music to an ipod touch/iphone
(7 posts, started )
Is there any way to do this?

I have all my music on the PC upstairs, more than will fit on the ipod. I have a stereo with an ipod dock downstairs, is there any way to stream from iTunes (ideally, as I then can rate songs and scrobble plays to last.fm) to the ipod, so I can access my music collection in other rooms?

I've had a play with the Remote app but that just seems to be for controlling iTunes, it doesn't actually send the music to the ipod.
#2 - Fuse5
Your musical compatibility with Crashgate3 is Very Low

(no idea mate >_>)
#3 - arco
Airfoil - not free but I use it and it's perfect for the job. There is a free trial as well to check it out.
If those don't satisfy you, try ZumoCast.

E: seems that ZumoCast registration is currently disabled.
E2: try Tonido
Actually with the latest updates iPhones and I believe iPods too are able to stream audio and video from iTunes over your local wifi. I think it's called Shared Library. I don't use it much but it's an awesome thing to be honest. You don't need no third party apps or software. Just iTunes on your pc, local wifi network and iPhone/iPod. Google for it to find more.
Quote from breadfan :Actually with the latest updates iPhones and I believe iPods too are able to stream audio and video from iTunes over your local wifi. I think it's called Shared Library. I don't use it much but it's an awesome thing to be honest. You don't need no third party apps or software. Just iTunes on your pc, local wifi network and iPhone/iPod. Google for it to find more.

I've been trying to work out how to do this, but I've just not been able to get it working. I can connect remotely to my iTunes library and control iTunes with it - I can choose songs to play and make iTunes on the PC play them - I get the album artwork and the track time counting, but no sound comes out.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG