The online racing simulator
The Good Old Hockey Game
(56 posts, started )
The Good Old Hockey Game
Here we go again with the Stanley Cup Playoffs, not a game of whimps.

Vancouver leads coming into the playoffs, it may not be Fifa but I'll tell you something, when a guy grabs his leg in this game...he really is hurt.

Any thoughts on Hockey, do you know the game...have a team...or is it like cricket where you live.

AAnt

Go Buffalo
Goalies this season have been incredible. Who do you think will win the Vezina? Thomas / Rinne / Price / Luon7o / Lundqvist / Bryz?

Does Buffalo still have the old dude ( Jeanneret ) screaming in the commentary box? Dudes hilarious.

Since my team (Avs) pretty much turned invisible mid-season i dont know who to root for. Probably Phoenix, it would be somewhat ironic if they won the cup since their arena is almost always empty then they play there.
Quote from EliteAti :Probably Phoenix, it would be somewhat ironic if they won the cup since their arena is almost always empty then they play there.

i still don't understand how bettman can choose a useless backwater city for a hockey team, and will completely ignore hamilton for a team because we had one in the 1920's... they did it with pittsburgh in the 90's too. even if we don't have the nhl-grade stadium, we had a moneybags who was willing to foot the bill, but still no.
#4 - Juzaa
Selänne will lead Ducks to Stanley Cup victory.
#5 - dadge
i've tried watching a few games. i end up frustrated because it's really fast and hard to follow (as a noob spectator).
Go Ovi!
Canucks here

Then again they'll choke in the playoffs

Lol at Avs fan, then again I'm a Leafs fan so I shouldn't laugh
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
Lol at Avs fan, then again I'm a Leafs fan so I shouldn't laugh

Losers
Even
After
Forty (soon Fifty)
Seasons

Avs are one of the most promising teams, their young core was almost completely injured. Anderson didnt want to play for the team so he got traded and now we got 2x Vesa Toskala in net.

@Bunder, do you think there is going to be relocation after this season? I heard Bettman wants to bring the Jets back.
Go Preds!
Quote from AtomAnt :Any thoughts on Hockey, do you know the game...have a team...or is it like cricket where you live.

See avatar on left.....

I've strayed away from hockey lately, just don't bother to turn the TV on. Then March Madness came and I got sucked into that because my daughter now plays basketball. Last night was the first time I turned the hockey game on in a long while. It's been so long I was surprised last night that the Pens achieved home ice for the first round. I had no idea how the standings were.
Quote from EliteAti :Goalies this season have been incredible. Who do you think will win the Vezina? Thomas / Rinne / Price / Luon7o / Lundqvist / Bryz?

Does Buffalo still have the old dude ( Jeanneret ) screaming in the commentary box? Dudes hilarious.

Since my team (Avs) pretty much turned invisible mid-season i dont know who to root for. Probably Phoenix, it would be somewhat ironic if they won the cup since their arena is almost always empty then they play there.

Been so long since the AVs did anything I forgot they were in the league :P
Quote from EliteAti :Losers
Even
After
Forty (soon Fifty)
Seasons

Touche

I miss Hartord and Winnipeg. I miss Gretzky, Probert, I miss older hockey.
Meh.

Everyone in BC will jump on the Vancouver bandwagon (unless they are from Alberta, where they'll be able to relax, having no Hockey to watch).

I'm indifferent. Hockey is boring. Bring Lacrosse on!
Dumb rumor of the day

Canucks to trade Luongo

Hey, my Leafs could use a goalie upgrade. And way to go Boston, magnificnt choke job there. Is your name Toronto all of a sudden?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Dumb rumor of the day

Canucks to trade Luongo

Hey, my Leafs could use a goalie upgrade. And way to go Boston, magnificnt choke job there. Is your name Toronto all of a sudden?

Havent Leafs got Reimer and Gustavsson?
Quote from EliteAti :@Bunder, do you think there is going to be relocation after this season? I heard Bettman wants to bring the Jets back.

the problem with adding/moving only one team is scheduling and division brackets... but i suppose if they did add/move a single team, i'm not sure where they would put it...

thing is, it's almost impossible to get leafs tickets (but who would want to pay up the ass to see them lose?), and in order to see a buffalo game, you need a passport and you have to drive forever to get to the stadium. it would be really nice if we could get a team of our own, we already have an AHL team (and a very successful AHL team at that). that's the only reason i can think of for why we won't get our own team, besides some cockamamie excuse bettman can come up with to sidestep the media.

aside from those qualms, they did mention the possibility of bringing another team to either winnepeg or quebec city, but i know for a fact that they won't be as financially viable as hamilton could be. but in all honesty, i think he'd rather give the team to an american city, regardless of how backwards that may seem.

edit: and gustavsson sucks. he's just as bad as toskala. j.s.giguere was supposed to be another toronto saviour, but they killed their defence by trading it all away.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :They've done what exactly?

Reimer is pretty much franchises future goalie.

36GP and 92.2sv% is very impressive on a team like that. Without him the Leafs could be a lottery team. Bit like Price in Montreal.
Franchise, IF he stays and isn't traded

IMO Toronto could do with trading the right people.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Franchise, IF he stays and isn't traded

IMO Toronto could do with trading the right people.

they already shot themselves in the foot though, they had a great defence and they got rid of it. i mean, bring back ian white and kaberle.
Which is why I said IF he stays. Wouldn't amaze me if he got traded and Leafs sink lower
I have been a fan of Red Wings since I was about 15 and only because I fell asleep watching TV one night woke up and the Stanley Cup was on and their jersey's looked better. But I haven't watched a game since uni and then it was only casual viewing.
Why two more in Toronto however? Ideally give Winnipeg a team back, and one in Nova Scotia

The Good Old Hockey Game
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG