The online racing simulator
Replay Recording
(9 posts, started )
Replay Recording
When I was driving the UF 1000 I was driving around and when I click replay it works, but when I go to the pits and then back out and then click replay, the game shows a message saying the the Replay Recording isn't recording when in fact it was recording before.

I have the default replay settings, haven't touched them.
it shouldnt say that, it should say, that it isnt recording
Sorry, I didn't know the exact message. I fixed the post, do you get that problem. I don't think I had that issue before.
#4 - GerG
when you enter the pits and come on track again, replay will be not recorded. It is recorded from the start of the race/qual until 1. Pitting, 2. Spectating, 3. Quitting a host, 4. Pressing the '2' key (in multi) and saving the replay. That's it. It should say it is not recording, because it is not recording
Well, is there an option to have it record all the time? I like to be able to see the effects the changes in the pit have made to my driving.
#6 - GerG
Well afer entering the pits restart the race. This is the only solution AFAIK.
#7 - Smax
Press escape> options>game and change the replay settings until it gets back to however you had it in the first place. [in my case enabled manual save]

I think doing that starts a new replay file... I'm not sure, but it doesn't start a new race.
also, if you go into shift-u mode and place objects it will stop recording
#9 - SamH
Just to clarify..these are the options in Options > Game

[enabled - manual save] This option allows you to save a replay ONCE between the beginning of a race (or the moment you joined the server, mid-race) and the beginning of the NEXT race. To save it, you must press 2 and provide a name for the replay. Once you've done so, you cannot save another replay until the next race starts, or you leave and re-join the server. If you're ejected from a server before having the chance to save a replay, you can find that replay in the [LFS]\Data\mpr directory, saved as temp.mpr. You can rename this file to prevent it being lost. If you join a new server without doing so, the temp.mpr file content will be overwritten.

[not enabled - not stored] This option means that you cannot save replays by pressing 2, nor by searching in the [LFS]\Data\mpr directory. If this option is selected and you want a replay of a race you drove, you will need to ask another racer to send it to you either by email, or post it on the forum for you, or upload it to webspace somewhere and give you a link to go get it.

[auto save - not recommended] This option records all races automatically. It records (and stores) from when you join a server until the beginning of the next race, and then each individual subsequential race after that until you leave the server. If you leave a server before the end of a race, that race is recorded up until that point. The reason this option is not recommended is because it consumes disk space in the background. The files are automatically named in the following format TrackName_NumberOfLaps_NumberOfRacers_NumberOfFinishers[_x]. The _x is an incrementing number added to the end of the file to prevent files being overwritten track_laps_racer_finisher_1, track_laps_racer_finisher_2 etc.

For Single Player recordings, the above applies by and large, but substitute "mpr" with "spr".

Replay Recording
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG