The online racing simulator
Driver miraculously escapes being impaled
(57 posts, started )
#1 - PoVo
#2 - Seb66
Quote from PoVo :Pretty scary huh? Says something about how people should tie up pieces that they are carrying on their goods vehicles etc.

Luckily the driver wasn't hurt

It didn't fall off the trailer in front.. they just ran over some wood on the side of the road. Obviously it may have fallen off another vehicle, if that's what you meant Very lucky indeed.
#3 - PoVo
Quote from Seb66 :It didn't fall off the trailer in front.. they just ran over some wood on the side of the road. Obviously it may have fallen off another vehicle, if that's what you meant Very lucky indeed.

Maybe, I can't really see, it just comes outta nowhere. But I doubt the tyre just clipping it, would have swung it up so high
OH SH-
That is one amazingly lucky driver, did that remind me of Massa @ Hungary? (though the wood missed the driver rather than hit him in the head and crash)
So she wanted to record dangerous driving, by pulling out her phone and driving one handed...
Quote from PoVo :Maybe, I can't really see, it just comes outta nowhere. But I doubt the tyre just clipping it, would have swung it up so high

Why not?

It's pretty obvious, the trailer clips the wood and flips it into the air. It doesn't have to fling it fast, just knock it upwards as the oncoming car is doing ~50mph
Youtube link?
OhMahGawd! Woah lucky individual that is.
Quote from RasmusL :Only video thread I could find, not very hilarious, anyway I shat brix when I watched this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnWOhkrP1bY&feature=

^Had more than 700k.

Quote from Silverracer :Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOhgMAOrp0c ^ Link not working.

1.5 million hits. Had about 60k when I found this two days ago.

Edit:
Quote from WendyCobb on YouTube : I disabled comments because people were being so incredibly mean. So far I've Bren accused of faking it (really?), been blamed for everything from the high price of gas global warming, and it was getting out of hand.

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So she wanted to record dangerous driving, by pulling out her phone and driving one handed...

This. And then she nearly gets killed. (Albeit not her fault). Irony or what...
Quote from DevilDare :This. And then she nearly gets killed. (Albeit not her fault). Irony or what...

She was recording the trucks in front of her fooling around so she could report them to their companys.
Quote from mutt107 :She was recording the trucks in front of her fooling around so she could report them to their companys.

Uhm, yeah... I know...

Did you even bother reading what I quoted though?

Let me help you,

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So she wanted to record dangerous driving, by pulling out her phone and driving one handed...

To be honest if you're going to use a handheld device while driving a highway is the safest place to do it...not only that but America has different rules (I BELIEVE DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS).

In this thread we have perhaps one of the most intestly frightening events that is captured by a normal person when it's not expected and the best you can do is critique the fact she's on her phone?

Devildare you don't even drive? (just saying because never seen you talk about your car or anything)...Jordan can at least bitch because he's a road user.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
In this thread we have perhaps one of the most intestly frightening events that is captured by a normal person when it's not expected and the best you can do is critique the fact she's on her phone?

Just said that its ironic...

Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Devildare you don't even drive? (just saying because never seen you talk about your car or anything)

Actually I do.

And I dont talk about "my" car because I dont have one yet. I could buy one now, but it would be useless since I still need bit more cash for insurance, so...

Anyway, off topic...
I am not disagreeing it is scary shit, I'd probably soil my pants if that ever happened to me. I almost filled them after my windscreen got pelted by barn owls.

But when I filmed driving up my drive way, I was in first gear, on tick over going maybe 5-10 mph. And it was the most distracting thing I've ever done. I couldn't imagine even trying to do it at highway speeds. Not to mention the gap she left, rough guess would say safely she needed to be double that distance away from the vehicle in front, which would mean wood would have missed her completely.
You guys sound like you are old ladies.

Do you ever use your phone while driving? Calls? Texts? Drive with your knee?

Unless you have no hand-eye coordination it is not that hard at all. I don't even believe she was that close to the trucks at all.
Driving on a phone is no more distracting or dangerous than chatting to a passenger. I frequently drive with one hand, so the other would be free (if it were legal to do so) to hold a phone as a camera.

Seriously - do you honestly think that the slightest lack of attention or less than 10 fingers on the wheel results in instant death?
Oh yeah, forgot the passenger bit.

Choice A - Look 90 degrees to your right at the passenger.
Choice B - Look 10 degrees down at your phone.

Tough choice...
In fairness, you don't need to look at someone to talk to them, or look at a phone to talk into it. I rarely find I crash into things when I chat to a passenger, and I rarely find that I fall over whilst walking, talking, eating a sandwich, thinking about work, mentally choosing my evening meal, and looking for traffic as we try to cross the road.

The human mind, even that of the male, is capable of more than one thing at once. Especially if that something is something as easy as driving.

And yes, driving is easy. Have you seen the sort of moron that can pass a test? It's only difficult when it's new. After about 10 minutes it's one of the easiest things in the world. Certainly easier than eating a crumbly cookie, giving a pill to a cat, or programming a video recorder, yet there are no laws saying you can't talk to someone in another room whilst doing any of them.
if it's not in 3D then i'm not interested!
Normally after getting some food I have a chicken sandwich in my right hand, drink in left hand, and drive with my knee. Haven't got into an incident yet.
Quote from tristancliffe :
And yes, driving is easy. Have you seen the sort of moron that can pass a test? It's only difficult when it's new. After about 10 minutes it's one of the easiest things in the world. Certainly easier than eating a crumbly cookie, giving a pill to a cat, or programming a video recorder, yet there are no laws saying you can't talk to someone in another room whilst doing any of them.

Well you can't kill anyone if you drop your cookie while programming a VCR now, can you.. Driving is easy but doing stupid things like looking away from the road can kill people, not the fact you can't parallel park.

(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG