Continue as-is
Rallycross League
PCC
Other (Post any ideas below please)
For Drivers: What do you want?
READ BELOW FIRST!
-----------------------
-----------------------

This is out of curiousity and will hopefully help NDR provide desired events and series in the future. Number of drivers seem to get lower each season, and we want to make sure that everyone wanting to race is satisfied with league ideas/choices.

Select options in the poll that you are interested in and that you would run if your schedule allows. Before I continue, GTAL and LFSCART will be locked in and nothing you can do will change that.

I will put a more detailed description of each option below.

1. Continue running multiple rather long championships. This is basically asking if you want NDR to continue running multiple leagues at a time like LFSCART Light, TBOC, MiniFBM all at the same time.

2. Events - Would you rather NDR have more events? Instead of having multiple leagues that seem to have decreases in popularity as the league goes on, would you rather have events every 1-2 months that include different combos? Example: Kyoto 150 with XRG. 2 hours nGT @ WE1R etc.

3. Both 1 and 2.

-------------------
Next selections are for types of events/leagues you are interested in.

4. FIA GT1 style league - Follows FIA GT1 rules(ish) and race day schedule.

5. TBOC - Exact same as current TBOC

6. TBO Endurance - 2-3 hour endu races with TBO cars. Possible 4-6 hour finale. (IGTC style but with TBO)

7. LX Racing (Sprint + Feature)

8. STD Racing (Sprint + Feature)

9. Rallycross league - 3 rally tracks in LFS, all 3 also have reverse. 6 total tracks. Could have three sprint races per round (track) or something of the sort.

10. WRC Stages - 5 "rallies" covering 5 LFS enviroments. Each rally consists of 5 stages. Final "rally" is a SuperSpecial stage where either the top 16 or top 32 drivers will battle it out 1-on-1 in a tournament bracket style event. This has the layouts already done (has been in the pipeline for a while) and some rules finished as well.

11. PCC - Seen here

12. GT Series - Seen here

13. LFS Endurance League - Trailer - Information

14. Other - Post any ideas here please.

------------------

If you have any questions are some of the choices, feel free to ask. I can also elaborate more about some of those league ideas as some are ready to go but haven't got the chance because of the amount of leagues as it is.
Voted for LFS Endurance League, as I liked the concept when it was discussed on SR's forum over a year ago.

And maybe it would be also be possible for you to bring the LFS World Series back to life?
I still love the idea of TBO endurance, but since the stints are minimum 1:30 I think 3h may be short...endurance starts with at least 3 stints I think!

On the side I love what NDR's doing, so I voted for continuity!
-
(IMOL) DELETED by IMOL
Bring back NDR's [Public] TBO server?
LX racing, its just awesome. In apex cup the racing was so close, best option!
Quote from PMD9409 :Number of drivers seem to get lower each season

Really? This wasn't the case for 3 of the 4 last leagues/events in date held by NDR(GTAL 2011, 2011 Kyoto 250, 2010 Mini-FBM). Mini-FBM also saw an enormous interrest boost, with 2, 3 or even sometimes 4 times more drivers than in 2009/2008.

If you see a bit further back, 2010 LFSCART, 2010 LFSCART Light, and 2010 TBO Challenge managed to maintain themselves in a decent shape until the end, and mostly got decent turn-up rates.

Obviously 2011 iTCC was a huge disappointment, but it should be seen as an exception. As far as I see NDR is going fairly nicely interrest wise, especially considering some other leagues' shape and LFS' shape.

Quote from PMD9409 :1. Continue running multiple rather long championships. This is basically asking if you want NDR to continue running multiple leagues at a time like LFSCART Light, TBOC, MiniFBM all at the same time.

2. Events - Would you rather NDR have more events? Instead of having multiple leagues that seem to have decreases in popularity as the league goes on, would you rather have events every 1-2 months that include different combos? Example: Kyoto 150 with XRG. 2 hours nGT @ WE1R etc.

3. Both 1 and 2.

Voted 1 and 2. I'd like TBOC, Mini FBM and LFSCART Light to stay if possible, with lighter schedules if necessary. However I'd also be interrested in special events - Kyoto 150 looks quite interresting for example. But in the end it IMO should only be considered if you have the manpower to deal properly with both regular leagues and this.

Quote from PMD9409 :4. FIA GT1 style league - Follows FIA GT1 rules(ish) and race day schedule.

Uhm, nice, but it feels like there's just enough GTR leagues at the moment. But now maybe this could be considered for IGTC, with 90 minutes/2 hour races, though people seem to be against it overall.

Quote from PMD9409 :5. TBOC - Exact same as current TBOC

6. TBO Endurance - 2-3 hour endu races with TBO cars. Possible 4-6 hour finale. (IGTC style but with TBO)

Tough one. TBOC is really cool and I'd love it to stay. Especially since it seems to be the only international TBO league still in activity.

On other hand TBO Endurance is something I've been waiting for long, and even considered(not very seriously though) to run at various points over the last few years. Now it'd mean another endurance league to run. And this isn't easy, but LFS needs a non-GTR endurace league IMO, so definitely worth it.

Quote from PMD9409 :7. LX Racing (Sprint + Feature)

8. STD Racing (Sprint + Feature)

Could be fun, okay. Not looking forward it as much as other concepts though.

Quote from PMD9409 :9. Rallycross league - 3 rally tracks in LFS, all 3 also have reverse. 6 total tracks. Could have three sprint races per round (track) or something of the sort.

Not sure if this'd work, rallycross isn't very popular out there.

And sadly whenever someone tries to set up something with it, it often tends to turn into wreckfest, not sure why, probably because of the nature of the tracks.

Quote from PMD9409 :10. WRC Stages - 5 "rallies" covering 5 LFS enviroments. Each rally consists of 5 stages. Final "rally" is a SuperSpecial stage where either the top 16 or top 32 drivers will battle it out 1-on-1 in a tournament bracket style event. This has the layouts already done (has been in the pipeline for a while) and some rules finished as well.

Not sure if you guys could come up with fresh and original layouts for all. That kind of stuff can be amusing once in a while, check Fortitude's Hillclimb Challenge for example. But worth a proper league? IMO, no.

Quote from PMD9409 :11. PCC - Seen here

12. GT Series - Seen here

Same as 7 and 8.

Quote from PMD9409 :13. LFS Endurance League - Trailer - Information

Would be quite awesome if you guys ever make it real. Great concept. If you have the manpower, enough slots in the schedule, and are sure there would be enough interrest, then yes. Definitely looking forward it. Same as 6, LFS needs a non-GTR endurance league(even though there'd probably be GTRs in 1 or 2 rounds for that one).

Now IMO it shouldn't replace IGTC/MoE though.

Quote from PMD9409 :14. Other - Post any ideas here please.

I guess you covered all more or less.

MRT on autoX layouts perhaps? Not that I've personally more interrest in this than everything else, but the idea was around for quite a while already, but never got real.

_______

E: Obviously my vote isn't very accurate since I would race pretty much whatever my schedule allows. But check the post above for preferences/ideas/etc.

Quote from Silverracer :Bring back NDR's [Public] TBO server?

So it can die again in 2 days?

Not the best moment to launch a (non-multiclass) public server IMO.

Quote from Feuerdrache :And maybe it would be also be possible for you to bring the LFS World Series back to life?

I'd love to see it back. Same for BoTT.

Now reviving other people's concept obviously needs authorisation, and sometimes special requirements(raceday, regulations, etc). So we might never see it sadly. Definitely worth considering it if there's a small possibility however, IMO.
#7 - Kova.
13. LFS Endurance League - : for me there is already LFS Endurance Series,
#8 - Fuse5
voted for LX Racing and "continue as is" :P

sad to see RSC missing from the list, that was run in conjunction with TBOC for a season even
damn u
#9 - CSF
Quote from Fuse5 :voted for LX Racing and "continue as is" :P

sad to see RSC missing from the list, that was run in conjunction with TBOC for a season even
damn u

Quote from dekojester :RSC is likely to be back in the hands of it's original creators / operators, TBOC may be a late-summer thing

yep, a birdy already told me after i had posted
#11 - CSF
Quote from Kova. :13. LFS Endurance League - : for me there is already LFS Endurance Series,

Which is a totally different concept.
It's an endurance league, so what is so different?
Quote from Kova. :It's an endurance league, so what is so different?

the one they proposed was with different car&track combos not staying with one type of cars throughout all season.

Quote from PMD9409 :Before I continue, GTAL and LFSCART will be locked in and nothing you can do will change that.

Don't say that one too loud.
#14 - CSF
Quote from Kova. :It's an endurance league, so what is so different?

Try READING the topic that had information in it.
Given no FO8 option, LX6 ftw.
#16 - CSF
Lfscart = f08.
Quote from CSF :Lfscart = f08.

I see an awful lot of enthusiasm about using a fixed set in that series. Screw that.

Then there's the emphasis on oval... zzzzzzzzz...
Quote from Forbin :I see an awful lot of enthusiasm about using a fixed set in that series. Screw that.

Then there's the emphasis on oval... zzzzzzzzz...

There is no fixed setup, and if you don't want to race the ovals then simply race only the road/street course races...
Quote from TFalke55 :There is no fixed setup, and if you don't want to race the ovals then simply race only the road/street course races...

And kiss any shot at a championship win goodbye.
Quote from Forbin :And kiss any shot at a championship win goodbye.

there is a road/street course title
Voted

Some remarks:

The FIA GT idea is interesting, as long as it is executed properly. I.e. stick with the real-life rules (2x60min races, mandatory driver change) so that it doesn't turn into a copy/tweak of the many GT leagues we already have.

I've read about the PCC and the idea to make it as realistic as possible (such as by the means of limited setups), as far as I know also a unique concept to LFS which could attract interest.

Furthermore, one-off events could be the key to attract the casual racer, those who don't want to commit to a full season and still don't want to miss out on good competition. Kyoto 150 sounds definitely like a concept I'd like to be part of, for instance.

Plus, what's happened to LFSCART Light? Has it been completely dropped or just temporarily suspended? From what I remember, it attracted crowded grids (at least on road/street circuits; pre-Qualifying was necessary until the final road course event), if we get rid off the Twin races @ Autocross it actually was a great concept, as FOX offered some good racing and the sprint/feature race format added to the show.
Quote from TFalke55 :there is a road/street course title

Really? I see none there: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=67867

Well, there was an oval title in 2009, but I can't recall of any road/street title, unless you are going to establish that for 2011?

And wouldn't be a street titlea bit meaningless, assuming that we can't really realistically go more than twice at South City? Sounds a bit GP2 Asia like, with only 1 race per meeting.
Quote from LianeS :
Plus, what's happened to LFSCART Light? Has it been completely dropped or just temporarily suspended? From what I remember, it attracted crowded grids (at least on road/street circuits; pre-Qualifying was necessary until the final road course event), if we get rid off the Twin races @ Autocross it actually was a great concept, as FOX offered some good racing and the sprint/feature race format added to the show.

Aye I second that. Was looking forward to some decent FOX action again. Maybe it could use a shuffle in terms of schedule (maybe 1 big race rather than sprint + feature although IMO, s + f is better) or some other change to make it doable again.

Voted for both 1 + 2 seeing as NDR is the best organisation for both types of league imo (MoE is obviously brilliant as well but interest is sadly dying in that) so would be nice for more events whilst the big leagues go on

Mah 2 cents
Voted for LX, STD and GT Series. If any of those will be organized, I'll try to attend as much as my time allows. There are quite many endurance races and endurance races provide being in or driving for a team which is not good for me. For the reason, that I'm not in any team and for the other is that I never know if I'll be able to attend the round or not, so no point promising any team to drive for them.

I would advise to make something different than what there is already. For example, LX's, haven't seen any league with just those cars. Also we don't have any STD leagues atm. if I'm right? But what we do have is plenty of GTR and endurance races. Also rally cross seems to be pretty interesting I guess, since I haven't seen any league that was based just on the rally cross.

For Drivers: What do you want?
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG