The online racing simulator
Any news about official results?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Any news about official results?

After I find time to cut down the mpr and watch all the stupidity in the last 60 laps and figure out who to ban then results will be out
I apologize for randomly popping into this thread out of nowhere (and way late ), but I couldn't help but chuckle as I read through the posts on here. My days of hard core LFS playing are in the past, but I do like to check in and watch replays of the big events and such. I remember watching the replay of last year's Kyoto 250 from KoK's point of view - since I remembered all the attention and praise he got during the live stream - and I was absolutely disgusted at how he conducted himself on the race track. I was equally surprised at the fact that he never got penalized for any of it (at least not that I recall; correct me if I'm wrong), especially for a league that really prides itself on clean driving.

So as you can imagine, now I pop in to see how this year's event went and I'm seeing posts about other racers not being pleased with his driving (and retaliating) and I can't help but laugh a little bit because I saw it coming after last year's event. The guy has raw talent no doubt, but he painfully lacks the maturity and respect to harness it properly. And now that I just got finished watching this year's replay from his POV, I know that I'd be looking at removing him from future events if I was in a position to do so. At several points during the race, it looked like he just thought it was a single player race with no consequences. There was one point where he went down into the grass to dodge a wreck and just flies back up onto the track at quite a high speed and smacks into another driver, sending him into the wall; he had plenty of opportunity to slow the car down to a proper level. And the insane chop-block he pulled on J.Holmes coming to the finish like at the end was simply uncalled for (yeah, I saw his protest against Holmes in the other thread and went back to watch the replay...he barely got nudged into the turn and that was due to contact between him and Diaz, which slowed them down). It would take hours for me to go through all of the examples of bad driving from last year and this year, but I'll stop there. And this isn't to say that he's totally at fault for every single incident, but I'll just say that there's typically a reason that certain cars tend to be the center of problems most of the time. Feel free to bash, move, or delete my post if it's improper, but I just couldn't help but drop in my outsider opinion.
Quote from kingcars :Feel free to bash, move, or delete my post if it's improper, but I just couldn't help but drop in my outsider opinion.

Praise actually, thank you.
IMO it's a direct result of parents getting their children into racing at a very young age, long before they ever learn the social skills needed to interact with dozens or hundreds of people at the level of stress racing (live or sim) creates.
Some parents realize this and make a point to teach them, and set high standards of maturity expectations, but many just push their kids to race and win no matter the cost.
Many parents want their kids to be "the next Jeff Gordon", which is not a bad thing, but they leave out some of the life lessons needed to become an adult at the same time.
Most of us here who know KOK don't really know if he is the same when racing his kart, we can only assume. We know who he is inside LFS, and iRacing, but until someone stands up and shows otherwise, the sim community will continue to judge accordingly.
Who knows, maybe that's part of his plan......
that post made my day .
Quote from dekojester :After I find time to cut down the mpr and watch all the stupidity in the last 60 laps and figure out who to ban then results will be out

Ask a fortune teller, then throw the dice. Take the number it shows, and multiply with a number you had in your mind before throwing.

Voila
Deko doesn't like watching replays, it's so yesterday-style

But I wouldn't want to watch some of the crazy last 60 laps either.
#84 - CSF
I declare the Winner of the Kyoto 250 to be Eoin Harmon. Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2011 250, we might see you next year. trololololol
Lol win
Quote from dekojester :After I find time to cut down the mpr and watch all the stupidity in the last 60 laps and figure out who to ban then results will be out

:bump:
By the time he watches the replay, it will be lost, or we have 2012 and the world implodes.
Solution to the trashy racing produced this year: Cut the field down to 10 drivers... fail
Quote from Cornys :Solution to the trashy racing produced this year: Cut the field down to 10 drivers... fail

Other Idea... getting Tony Steward who wrecks everyone who is driving like shit during the practice sessions... well it could have the same effect though.
Quote from TFalke55 :Other Idea... getting Tony Steward who wrecks everyone who is driving like shit during the practice sessions... well it could have the same effect though.

Good thing you aren't talking about Tony Stewart, or I would be asking what the **** you are talking about.
#91 - CSF
Quote from CSF :I declare the Winner of the Kyoto 250 to be Eoin Harmon. Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2011 250, we might see you next year. trololololol

Quote from PMD9409 :Good thing you aren't talking about Tony Stewart, or I would be asking what the **** you are talking about.

he is correctly describing the fat boy
I declare the winner to be everybody who finished on the lead lap... They should be given money

lol.. Yeah.. You do need to cut the field down some how if you're going to try it again though...
#94 - CSF
lol yeh **** off Cornys and get some idea of what you are talking about.
Confused, I am
Quote from Cornys :I declare the winner to be everybody who finished on the lead lap... They should be given money

lol.. Yeah.. You do need to cut the field down some how if you're going to try it again though...

the racing this year was FAR better than the year before. It isnt NDR's fault Europeans dont know how to turn left without wrecking each other.
Quote from Mustangman759 :he is correctly describing the fat boy

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where he crashes people in practice. Sounds like people are butthurt that their driver got spun, most likely their own doing.

Quote from Mustangman759 :the racing this year was FAR better than the year before. It isnt NDR's fault Europeans dont know how to turn left without wrecking each other.

lol coming from you!
Quote from PMD9409 :I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where he crashes people in practice. Sounds like people are butthurt that their driver got spun, most likely their own doing.

I dont actually have a favorite driver anymore sadly. Started to go Junior Nation a bit but I like Ford to much and will stick to wood bros style i guess
#99 - CSF
I'm gonna close this before I get bored of Americans.
I'm gonna reopen this so an american can post a link to the footage of the last few laps of this race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG