The online racing simulator
McLaren F1 car takes on Bathurst
(22 posts, started )
"A modern Formula One car will race around Australia’s fabled undulating circuit for the first time next week as part of the build-up to the Melbourne Grand Prix. V8 Supercars driver Craig Lowndes and 2009 F1 champion Jenson Button will both pilot a McLaren MP4-23 F1 racer at Bathurst on Tuesday 22nd March, covering several laps before switching to a Commodore touring car."

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor- ... hurst-20110316-1bx22.html

All I can say is -

(It's been very wet in these parts lately though. Hopefully it won't be ruined by rain)
#2 - JJ72
meanwhile webber gets to drive over a bridge???

Wrong team, matey!!!
I have dreamt of this lol.
BOTH Craig Lowndes and Jenson Button will do laps in the F1 car? I thought only Craig Lowndes is driving the F1 car while Jenson will be driving the V8 Supercar.

EDIT:
Quote :Event organisers say the F1 car’s lap times will not be recorded for safety reasons.

This is VERY disappointing.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :BOTH Craig Lowndes and Jenson Button will do laps in the F1 car? I thought only Craig Lowndes is driving the F1 car while Jenson will be driving the V8 Supercar.

EDIT:

This is VERY disappointing.

You know there will be someone with a stop watch, and footage of the lap will show the time.
What's the point anyway to record lap times because they're not going to drive flat out? Only creates pointless comparisons.
#7 - JCTK
Quote from farcar :"A modern Formula One car will race around Australia’s fabled undulating circuit for the first time next week as part of the build-up to the Melbourne Grand Prix. V8 Supercars driver Craig Lowndes and 2009 F1 champion Jenson Button will both pilot a McLaren MP4-23 F1 racer at Bathurst on Tuesday 22nd March, covering several laps before switching to a Commodore touring car."

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor- ... hurst-20110316-1bx22.html

All I can say is -

(It's been very wet in these parts lately though. Hopefully it won't be ruined by rain)

The sky have dump down buckets-load of rain, which would hopfully means today would be dry!

Can't wait to see the footage!
Button did a 1:48. previous record was 2:08
Ps. the 2008 McLaren was on Pirelli slicks.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Why not move the Aussie GP to Bathurst?? I see no reason not to...

Other than the extremely bumpy and slippery track surface, almost no run-off in the mountain section, and sub-standard facilities? The FIA will not approve Bathurst without some major overhauls which would ruin the legendary character of the track.
Besides the fact that Bathurst is in the middle of nowhere and can't provide enough accommodation for the hundreds of thousands of people that are going to the race.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Full lap with Jenson... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 3jJL5Q&feature=relmfu

Why not move the Aussie GP to Bathurst?? I see no reason not to... Melbourne GP track is kinda boring really, always has been :/

I heard The NSW government wants the race moved to Eastern creek, which is a realistic location given a few updates, but
FIA would ruin Bathurst if it was ever to be held there.

It would be good for indy though, as they don't seem to care about the bumpy stuff, and FIA doesn't try to destroy their racing series unlike F1.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Besides the fact that Bathurst is in the middle of nowhere and can't provide enough accommodation for the hundreds of thousands of people that are going to the race.

How do they do it when the V8s go there then?
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :like they ruined Spa?.. ;/

Spa was already very open, and is no where near as inclined as bathurst is in the mountain areas.
Quote from Mustafur :How do they do it when the V8s go there then?

Are you seriously suggesting thousands of overseas visitors and the F1 teams should just camp out at Mt Panorama?
I think they should run a GP @ PI, for a change.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG