The online racing simulator
what's a good android phone these days?
(17 posts, started )
i've been looking at getting a new phone since like forever... but i could never agree to a phone and then actually buy it... first it was the n900, then it was the streak, then it was the atrix...

long story short, i just want a new phone. the reason i wanted the atrix was for the webtop dock, which from what i've heard, isn't as good as originally thought. i guess i really should walk into a bell store and try one before i make up my mind, but the dock itself is totally overpriced, even for motorola. (maybe the price will come down before i buy, but that's being an optimist)

here i am again, looking at phones and specs... from what i can tell, i can't use UMA yet (whatever happened to kineto smart wifi?), but as long as it works on GSM and gives me EDGE or better, i guess i can live with it... but i want a phone that will last me a long time. i have a razr and a z6w, and i don't want to buy another phone that will go end-of-life two months after i buy it...

i'd take a look at my provider's phones, but they only have one and it looks like it's 2 years old... they sell it with 2.1, even though they have the 2.2 update on their website (i assume they want people to waste their bandwidth downloading it manually)...

so what's good? or are they all the same these days?
Chasing phones is stupid. Unless you have shitloads of money, its practically impossible as the manufacturers keep pumping out the damn things every day.... Add one feature, and feel free to call it a new phone.

(Yes I exaggerated. Deal with it)

Just walk in to a store and try out some of them. I just got myself the Desire HD, and absolutely love it. My sister got the new Nexus S, and absolutely loves it.

At the end of the day, they are all pretty much the same hardware wise. So it comes down to size and shape, which I think is very important as the phone has to be comfortable and feel good when handling.
Yea, you can't go wrong that much.. I have a HTC Wildfire, which is low-mid end phone, and i'm pretty sattisfied with it, great looks, great battery, has all the features the big boys have..

As for looks, i would suggest you to check out the HTC Google Nexus One, imo that's the best looking Android phone..
LG GT540 was a present, works fine for me.
They're all pretty good. I got the Galaxy S because the oled screen is a thing of beauty.
As DevilDare says, trying to keep up is like chasing the wind, except really expensive. Dual-core processors, 3D screens, all coming this year. Get something that does what you want, pay the right price, and use it till you feel like you've had value for your money.
As I get a new contract/phone next month, I think I'll decide between those android models:

Google Nexus S: The newest google phone (made by samsung), with a slightly curved touchscreen. Pro: Pure android with no additional UI layer on top = Android updates come much sooner. con: No Super AMOLED display.

Sony Ericson Xperia Play: The "Playstation phone". Pro: I use my phone to game a lot, and having a proper(ish) controller + legal PS1 games is a huge pro for that. Con: It's more of a toy than a phone and quite bulky from what I heard. Also, no Super AMOLED.

And then there are the usual suspects of the Samsing Galaxy S i9000, the HTC Desire HD or the Desire Z...
I'm using the Droid 2 right now (rooted, with the Fission ROM) and it's a beast. Absolutely love it.
#8 - garph
Look for phones that are comparable to the nexus one and go from there, I'd say thats the best starting point....depending on $£!
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Victor : cmoooooon, let's keep it realistic.
iAss. I'm planning to get a Galaxy 3 or a Galaxy S soon. Android FTW.
Atleast that rock won't die after 5 minutes of use.
Quote from freddyalek90 :None.

/thread

Never trust a guy who brags about owning an iPhone in his signature on a racing forum.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Never trust a guy who brags about owning an iPhone in his signature on a racing forum.

Touché.
Thank god I just brag about iPhones in every post I make.
Unfortunately I'm always right.
I've had many different android phones, I have the HTC Desire Z (T-Mobile G2), its an amazing phone and is very similar to the old HTC G1 as it has a slide out keyboard, its one of the faster phones out now and has a great camera. I would recommened this phone or something similar (HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire/Incredible S, or even the LG Optimus 2x; if its out??)..

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG