The online racing simulator
2011 Kyoto 250: Qualifying and Twin 115s Discussion
Qualifying Day! You should have the PM with the hotlap session password around now. Your Twin 115 password will be sent out after hotlap qualifying ends.

For an explanation of the session, see this article on the NDR website about how qualifying works - yes it's from last year, but it still works.

You MUST participate in at least the hotlap session of qualifying to be able to participate in the 2011 Kyoto 250. If we get more than about 43 drivers around to qualify, I will sort out when drivers can be in server for qualifying, and we WILL fit anyone eligible who attends in.

I anticipate hotlap qualifying to take about an hour or so. Each Twin Race will take about an hour as well. You may NOT be in server if it is not your twin race.

If you cannot make the 115 you are assigned to, you are welcome to request a swap to another 115 OR elect to be placed to the provisional drivers pool. You must inform me of this as soon as possible after Twin race delegations are posted.

The schedule for qualifying day is as follows:

15:50 UTC: Arrival deadline for all competitors.
16:00 UTC: Start of hotlap qualifying, one outlap, two hotlaps, one inlap.
17:20 UTC (or 20 minutes after end of hotlap qualifying, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 1 (60+2=62 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required - ALL TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED)
18:50 UTC (or 15 minutes after end of Twin 115 Race 1, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 2 (60+2=62 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required - ALL TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED)

The official grid will be posted about 24 hours after the conclusion of the Twin 115 number 2. You will have 24 hours after the finish of the session that has the incident you wish to protest to file a protest if needed.

Discuss qualifying and the Twins here !
Quote :You MUST participate in at least the hotlap session of qualifying to be able to participate in the 2011 Kyoto 250

Will there be a broadcast of the duels or anything? I know of somebody interested in watching.
Quote from Cornys :Will there be a broadcast of the duels or anything? I know of somebody interested in watching.

Possibly, no promises yet. I've asked Tommy Ostgaard to do it, but he's unsure if he'll be back in time yet, but I offered him a benefit if he did get back in time for the Twin 115s.
woop
Sounds good I know you'll be busy tomorrow, but if you can, can you keep me (and everybody else) posted?
#8 - Kova.
I'm ready for qualifying, but can't do twin races, it's a dinner time
Quote from Kova. :I'm ready for qualifying, but can't do twin races, it's a dinner time

Can't you skip or have it later?
No, Sunday's dinner is a familly dinner

Edit : If I can have dinner later, I can only do the twin race 1 :/
Quote from Kova. :I'm ready for qualifying, but can't do twin races, it's a dinner time

Both races clash with your dinner time?

To be honest, if most of the eligible people show up (ie all but 5 or 8 area) the schedule will run a bit later, so if your dinner finishes by 18:30 UTC, surely you can make Race 2? You can switch to Race 2 if it fits your schedule and you're not in it automatically.
Ye, both race clashes with my dinner.
It's not just a simple dinner (like : an aperitif, dinner, dessert...) so can take long time, but I can try to come ensure later and doing the Twin race 1... If we're not too late.
I thought Eliis' dinners lasted long
Due to uncomfortable time of qualifying i won't participat this year,i wish good luck to all.
Quote :I'm ready for qualifying, but can't do twin races

Me also I am go out to my girlfriend and I cant skip it :P Later is too late :| so good luck all in qualify and race.
I will skip dinner and wife, this is a once a year happening

Do you have to be on Teamspeak during Quali and the 115 event?
Tried to connect last evening but didnt get any connection ... is it up?
Ill be able to be there and hopefully be in the 250 if my computer isnt going to lag on me :|
I presume we will atleast need some sort of teamspeak for tonight.

I mean, it was ok for practice session but then because this an officially sanctioned event, I think we will need one. Qualifying maybe not but Twins I wouldve thought so.

I know of one we could use but I would need to get permission of the admin of it.

Cant wait for this. Buzzzinnggggg
Quote from dekojester :If you cannot make the 115 you are assigned to, you are welcome to request a swap to another 115 OR elect to be placed to the provisional drivers pool. You must inform me of this as soon as possible after Twin race delegations are posted.

I would really like to be in 1st Twin 115 if it's possible,because 19:00-20:00 UTC is Latvian qualification for Baltic Cup,I kinda don't want to miss it. Of course if I happen to get in 1st by myself,just ignore this...
Quote from Kova. :Ye, both race clashes with my dinner.
It's not just a simple dinner (like : an aperitif, dinner, dessert...) so can take long time, but I can try to come ensure later and doing the Twin race 1... If we're not too late.

When at Le Mans, I know what you mean...

Skip the fecking cheese as dessert and get yo ass on the server!

Hopefully, I won't run into problems
Dessert is just for about 15 minutes, but aperitif+dinner is ~2h

/offtopic

Seriously, I think I can do the twin race 1 start, but after, mystery
Quote from prOmo_LTU :Due to uncomfortable time of qualifying i won't participat this year,i wish good luck to all.

I'm sorry, I can't let this go.

You've known for weeks what time the qualifying day events would start - so why only decide this now? You waste effort, time, and resources by waiting until the proverbial 11th hour to inform us of this.

I can't find this acceptable.

But in all seriousness, what's so "uncomfortable" about the time?
Quote from sjoblom :Do you have to be on Teamspeak during Quali and the 115 event?
Tried to connect last evening but didnt get any connection ... is it up?

Hotlap qualifying will not be required to be in TS.

Server is still down for TS as far as I'm aware, so if it isn't back up in time, I will not require a TeamSpeak to be attended that I do not have full administrative control over. If one is required, you will be notified prior to your Twin 115.
Quote from Pietter :Me also I am go out to my girlfriend and I cant skip it :P Later is too late :| so good luck all in qualify and race.

Okay, sorry for triple posting, but at werk, on a time between shows, so going as I go here

If you do a hotlap, you are eligible to race if a slot frees or if your time is fast enough - so if you are able to be around in the hour ish through hotlaps, set a hotlap and be ready to race if you can get in.

Again, I'm disliking all this last-minute bailing on the event, surely you know in advance of these things?
Quote from dekojester : ... Again, I'm disliking all this last-minute bailing on the event, surely you know in advance of these things?

Deko, you are doing a GREAT job with this. Information has been posted months ago so if people ignore reading the rules and the schedule its nothing they can complain over today!

Looking forward to a GREAT racing event

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG