The online racing simulator
Moto GP 2011 Season
(102 posts, started )
Moto GP 2011 Season
I can't believe there is no topic on this yet.

Hondas are looking really dominate in testing, with Yamaha and Ducati looking a fair wack behind.

Also the team mate battles this year should be awesome especially with Honda as they have Casey stoner and Dani Pedrosa in the same team so we might see some tension there, And it will be great to see Spies in a competetive bike and get a true judge of where he stands in the agianst the big 4(Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa).
I will go back to watching it when they get bigger engines and do away with traction control. Last season was dull apart from a few special moments from Rossi.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I will go back to watching it when they get bigger engines and do away with traction control. Last season was dull apart from a few special moments from Rossi.

Moto GP is NEVER dull. That's not an opinion, that's a FACT, even if the racing WAS shit, you have Toby and Julian on Eurosport to drag you through it.
Sadly, for Germany, Eurosport didn't want to continue and it's now on Sport1.

I liked some of the German commentators on Eurosport more, but some experts like Dirk Raudis have gone to Sport1.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Sadly, for Germany, Eurosport didn't want to continue and it's now on Sport1.

Wrong, Dorna didn't want to continue with Eurosport... Their coverage overall was too wide so instead Dorna preferred local tv stations which presumably means more money for them.
Honda's are miles ahead in raw pace, gonna be a long season for rossi by the look of it
Sorry, I already forgot after a year of Sport1... Dunno if because they're doing it good or bad...
Quote from hyntty :Wrong, Dorna didn't want to continue with Eurosport... Their coverage overall was too wide so instead Dorna preferred local tv stations which presumably means more money for them.

Most stupid idea he ever had btw...the only thing I can see is the MotoGP race on BBC1 here (and I have every packets from the cable company here)....for me motoGP weekend was the all packet with 125cc, moto2, motoGP and quali, now I have to watch 16 lonely bikes for 40min and I can't even see the quali...thx to him the sponsor money for motorbikes in the Netherlands is now close to nothing and they are losing hardcore fans everyday...Anyway it has to be said that this is not only his fault, I think it is getting more difficult to pay high price for small countries channels, but they should have taken this in to consideration.

I use to watch it religiously what ever the time was, but I doubt that it will be the case this year...
Was funny to read in Czech press that the first Czech guy ever finished 13th.. they were too scared to write LAST. Well, the other 3 guys DNFed.
A few years back you could watch all the races (not quali and practice) free live.

Then you could watch all the races live on two channels simultaneously and quali / praccy on Eurosport. (though Eurosport in terrestrial isn't a free channel, you have to have some kind of a pay channel package for that).

Now I'm not sure if you can watch anything but MotoGP and that's on a pay channel that used to be a free channel but isn't / wasn't any of the free channels that had MotoGP in the past because those channel are/was still free.

Mental race today. Not a classic like Laguna 08 or Suzuki 94 (Abe's debut), but it had a bit of everything!
Yea, Rossi was on a storm at the beginning, shame he lost the front end and took Stoner out too, Simoncelli was unlucky to lose it whilst leading too.

Mental race indeed!
Rossi = Like a Kn00b. It had to end like this, coming from there.

Crutchlow and Abraham failed when they could have been higher, and Edwards was unlucky.

Oh and Spies: You muppet, don't push for God's sake. Pedrosa was done.
A great result for Hopkins though, that guy really is good on a bike. Rossi did well in the race overall, even after his mistake he was in 5th by the end. Cringe worthy mistake, but you could see when he went to the Honda garage to apologize, he did repent for his mistake, which is nice to see someone actually take responsibility and apologize.
Not that hard when most of your rivals drop by themselves

Oh, I totally forgot Aoyama: Nearly on the podium, a lap or two more and bye-bye podium for Hayden...
There is some irony about the Ducati front end giving Stoner a tough time even when he is not even riding the damn bike.

Simoncelli did a fantastic ride (until he crashed)

But it will be Stoner vs. Lorenzo for the championship, I see no real contender.
Yea, Pedrosa being typical Pedrosa isn't really a championship threat, but I think if there's another wet race, Rossi may get a win. Although that doesn't mean he's ruled out of getting a dry race win.
Ducati are a far away from getting a win for now, but i think Rossi will notch atleast one this season, Spies isn't performaing as good as i thought so far but there are plenty of races to go.

I think this season will be an epic battle between Stoner and Lorenzo.
Spies isn't worthy of a factory ride IMO.
Rossi will win Mugello, whatever state the Ducati is in by then.

It's a big month for Dani. If he gets to Estoril fit then he will be a factor.
Rossi and Burgees have demanded big changes to the Ducati engine, so it'll be interesting to see how it behaves after that. He looked pretty good in Jerez so he's definitely gelling a bit now with the Ducati.

IF Rossi does start winning on the Ducati then Stoner will have to up his game mentally to deal with that.
Quote from BlueFlame :Spies isn't worthy of a factory ride IMO.

Too early to judge yet, last season he was definetely good enough to deserve the ride, but so far its looking like that.
Quote from BreadC :simonchelli should take tips from Mika Kalio in moto 2 on how to save a highside xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZkRgAD38g

"Who's that bastard that pushed me??" - When he looks back

Yeah, Spies did well when he advanced to 2nd, but then threw it away like a noob.

If I change his name from Spies to Spiess, it's the German word for "Spear". Well, he's throwing his bike around like a spear...
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :"Who's that bastard that pushed me??" - When he looks back

Yeah, Spies did well when he advanced to 2nd, but then threw it away like a noob.

If I change his name from Spies to Spiess, it's the German word for "Spear". Well, he's throwing his bike around like a spear...

Wouldn't be surprised if that's what it originally was, or something similar like Spiez.

Lots of surnames like that get mangled in the US. I'm not even entirely clear on how my surname is supposed to be pronounced. I've heard it a few different ways.

Moto GP 2011 Season
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG