The online racing simulator
No donuts allowed please?
(40 posts, started )
#26 - th84
kev, we only do the uf1 when we know your coming, i know how much u love it! really though, we havent ran that combo since the patch came out, i try to set it up with something diffrent every night! and no, we dont like using the ban key, but sometimes we have too. we try to welcome all and be very patient, sometimes it just dont work out

when me and hammer get bored. we always go do some uf1/mrt on aston club, just cause of the close racing it produces, between us anyway! me and him both enjoy that, so when no-one is on, thats what we do Last night we did F08 on aston grand touring, and it was some of the best racing ive had in a while!!(thanks 180sx)
I used to play lfs on and off, was ok at it, didn't think I was really the 'organised' racing type. Tried out a league late last year and haven't looked back, LFS now rates as one of my primary hobbies, every race is a good one. Not for everyone, but worth at least trying out. The added sense of purpose a league gives is great
I've seen only one real wrecker in S2, lots of bad driving and on ocassion a terminally aweful driver and lots of good drivers having bad days, but only 1 actual wrecker.

The biggest problem with online racing in LFS is that the innability of racing drivers to accept blame and the adrenaline fueled back handed comment are all fully simulated, just like the real thing, which can sometimes put a dampner on things.
Quote from Tony01Ball01 :Hi

I recently raised a thread on the quality of LFS. I was shocked and stunned at getting 95 replies within a day. Most having a go at me, but
when the responses are (mostly) written in a sensible, integillent, and even at times - emotional, it's hard to defend what I said. I'm almost certainly missing something with LFS, and I'm going to batter that Lotus 7 looking type car for a few hundred miles to see what.

However, the majority of comments refer to the on-line experience, and I believe that's what I'm missing - but here is why.

1. I go online.
2. I qualify, after about thirty minutes.
3. The race starts.
4. First corner, there is a crash, those that crash - disconnect.
5. The 8-person race is down to five.
6. Person No5 was also in the crash, but his damage was not as bad, he decides to go on, but only a lap to get to the start / finish line, or the nastiest bend on the circuit.
7. Person No5 then starts to practise his do-nuts, mid race.
8. The other 'sensible' racer's continue, until they hit do-nut man; head on. Its' bad (they were doing 120mph..!!), another two are out, taking do-nut man out too.
9. There are two people left. One of them has been using LFS for 3 years and is therefore, faster than a really fast thing.
10. After two laps, the dude with 3 years behind him is 4 laps ahead, or he may as well be, Tony is left racing around on his own.
11. The race is over - the cycle repeats.

As can be seen, it's little wonder I have only really used the off-;ine AI based mode to LFS, little wonder I'm a little 'negative' about it's capabilities.

With the above in mind, any clues as to how I find half a dozen real people to race with every now and again.

Thanks in advance people, and thanks for the time taken with my previous thread, it's been an eye opener.

Tony

Totally agree mate.

****ed off with twats after two laps crash then decide to ruin everyone elses race.

I wish there was a super server that automatically known people who joined...where there to race and not **** about.

Quote from Tony01Ball01 :Hi

I recently raised a thread on the quality of LFS. I was shocked and stunned at getting 95 replies within a day. Most having a go at me, but
when the responses are (mostly) written in a sensible, integillent, and even at times - emotional, it's hard to defend what I said. I'm almost certainly missing something with LFS, and I'm going to batter that Lotus 7 looking type car for a few hundred miles to see what.

However, the majority of comments refer to the on-line experience, and I believe that's what I'm missing - but here is why.

1. I go online.
2. I qualify, after about thirty minutes.
3. The race starts.
4. First corner, there is a crash, those that crash - disconnect.
5. The 8-person race is down to five.
6. Person No5 was also in the crash, but his damage was not as bad, he decides to go on, but only a lap to get to the start / finish line, or the nastiest bend on the circuit.
7. Person No5 then starts to practise his do-nuts, mid race.
8. The other 'sensible' racer's continue, until they hit do-nut man; head on. Its' bad (they were doing 120mph..!!), another two are out, taking do-nut man out too.
9. There are two people left. One of them has been using LFS for 3 years and is therefore, faster than a really fast thing.
10. After two laps, the dude with 3 years behind him is 4 laps ahead, or he may as well be, Tony is left racing around on his own.
11. The race is over - the cycle repeats.

As can be seen, it's little wonder I have only really used the off-;ine AI based mode to LFS, little wonder I'm a little 'negative' about it's capabilities.

With the above in mind, any clues as to how I find half a dozen real people to race with every now and again.

Thanks in advance people, and thanks for the time taken with my previous thread, it's been an eye opener.

Tony

I actually agree with you... give or take a little, this is actually what happens!!
As you have already said unfortunately where theres public online gaming then the idiots will come, i also play counterstrike and battlefield 2 from time to time and you have described scenarios from both perfectly! and in some ways that is whats so nice about lfs... there is no cheating sure theres some insanely quick drivers but you can at least spectate them and see how there so quick. Anyway back to the public servers i actually posted earlier today about similiar problems with public servers and the bf1 with the mentality ooo look i can do 200mph cut down the inside and get past these other 20drivers in front of me they wont be expecting that!!

However over time you will learn what servers tend to have good racers on and which ones seem to attract the 'noobs' and as already been said a server with an admin on quite often is a big bonus.
Just try different servers. I know some REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad ones. I will not name them but u will see them after one race!
Quote from V-Steve :

However over time you will learn what servers tend to have good racers on and which ones seem to attract the 'noobs' and as already been said a server with an admin on quite often is a big bonus.

Hmmm.... Not quite sure what you mean by that statement
Avoid UP NA, Rainbow and someone with Chinese writing as his name.

There all cheat, ruin races and kick everyone off the server.
picotto you are racing on s1 servers or demo? Just wondering
Quote from _rod_ :picotto you are racing on s1 servers or demo? Just wondering

Demo as knowbody is ever in S1.

I have S1 licence and will be upgrading to S2 soon
Quote from _rod_ :picotto you are racing on s1 servers or demo? Just wondering

I registered to that forum by the way Rod
unfotunally we cant control demo servers..i dont remember wich demo server are the best, but im sure someone can point that out for me.

Hope you enjoy our forum
Quote from _rod_ :unfotunally we cant control demo servers..i dont remember wich demo server are the best, but im sure someone can point that out for me.

Hope you enjoy our forum

Well i was racing on one today..cant remember the name and there were some real nice people on there (For a change), was racing from 12pm till about 7pm with about 3 wreckers...but i managed to convince people to ban them
So basically tony, you want to take every aspect of a simulation, out of the ultimate racing sim. Have fun with that.

Nothing would piss me off more, than if there was a crash players were disconnected for it, because the first time I had a great chance at winning and got disconnected because either someone got into me or i just so happend to spin it on cold tires, heads would be flying.

Its a simulation guys, if you don't have the patiences to either look for good racers and races or deal with working your way through wrecks, go play somthing else!

No donuts allowed please?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG