The online racing simulator
Need some wheel advice.
(2 posts, started )
#1 - bhs
Need some wheel advice.
I've owned a G25 roughly since they were released. About a year ago I had a little issue with the shifter, so I decided to pop it open and fix it. I honestly don't remember what the issue was, but a couple months ago I moved to an eyefinity setup of 3 27" screens in landscape and hadn't played a sim in a while so I figured that would be a good time to start racing again.

Long story short it turns out I screwed up my shifter back in the day and tossed it out. So now I'm looking at upgrading my wheel to a Fanatec GT3 RS.

I've read reviews and looked at specs and I think the wheel is a no-brainer for me, but I'm really not sure on what pedals to run. My G25 pedals have always been good to me, and got better with the Nixim mod, but they stayed in the plastic base for all of a month before I made a stand to "hang" them and that stand now needs a major overhaul. I also kind of want to run them the other way around again, but I don't want to do that much work on the old pedal set at this time.

So I'm considering picking up the Clubsport pedals, but I'd like to know how they would compare to a G25 set with the Nixim mod. One problem I need to solve is that currently, due to the enormous space requirements of 3 27" displays I have had to use a white plastic folding table instead of my normal wooden desk and the edge is doesn't let me use my G25.

If you were to feel the edge of the table(~2-2" thick) from my seat, you would feel(on the bottom side of the edge) about and inch of plastic, and against that the steel rim that is just sort of a 1" deep x 2" high hollow tube. Past that steel tube, the table is ~1" thick and only plastic, which makes it quite bendy and really not any good for mounting my G25(probably any wheel). I know this description probably doesn't help much, but I'm curious if the Fanatec wheels might be mountable to this sort of structure.

I hope to get a new desk in the near future that will accommodate my displays and be a solid top of wood so that I can easily mount a wheel, but finding something that fits the bill is proving hard.

Any advice would be appreciated, I gots to get back into a little racing!
Was there anything in particular that you did not like about your Logitech G25? Would you consider getting a Logitech G27?

Did you end up throwing everything away or do you still have the pedals and steering wheel?

I have been using my Logitech G25 for a number of years and feel that I would continue using it for several years more. The other option would be to see if someone can sell you just the shifter? I am sure is set would come up for sale secondhand. No doubt the Fanatec GT3 RS it's an excellent wheel, but it may be a waste to not use your wheel/pedals if you still have them. Then

I would be interested to see your simulator set up if you would be interested in posting up some pictures

Need some wheel advice.
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG