The online racing simulator
5laps.com (powered by LFS) test group required
Hello, LFS forum users!

Now is your chance to become a part of the new 5laps.com test group!

This year, we here at Dodreams – a company situated in Finland –, the developers of 5laps.com* racing service (powered by LFS), are going to launch our service to include all of Europe to bring much anticipated global feel to competing. The project we have going on includes translating our site to support English, but also to test the gaming servers with the help of recruiting a small group of volunteers.

To have a chance to become a member of the unprecedented 5laps.com voluntary test group, please send a short application to support@dodreams.com, and include your personal information as well as information of your country of residence. All the applicants will be contacted personally.

The beta testing period will be run in the beginning of March.

*5laps.com is a Finnish-born game service based on the award winning Live for Speed simulator. The service was founded in the early 2009 and has since reached a great audience of fans in Finland. The idea of 5laps.com is to gather racing fans together and to provide them with memorable and exciting moments and memories. Free contests, as well as chargeable races and long series with great prizes, are available for players to participate in. Also worth noting is that people with an existing LFS license are able to link their accounts to 5laps.com with ease.

The 5laps.com administration also welcomes all friends of racing to participate in the great launch in March! More details will soon follow...
#3 - Khann
So.. what is it exactly? Is it a league?
Quote from nikopdr :why did i burst all the coffee out laughing at this?

Maybe you have something against MNK?
You have written this some what professionally however due to the fact you are a demo racer I am unable to take you seriously.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

I don't follow I'm afraid. MNK debuted in March '09, and has now changed its name to 5laps.com providing the same service.

Quote :Guy is from the company which produced this. Serious business.

The show is awful, and the first time I saw that final on YT or whatever it was, I wanted to poke my ears out and cut myself.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I don't follow I'm afraid. MNK debuted in March '09, and has now changed its name to 5laps.com providing the same service.

We all know... It was just a small attempt to use the goold old "early 2009" meme once more:rolleyes:

Quote :The show is awful, and the first time I saw that final on YT or whatever it was, I wanted to poke my ears out and cut myself.

Yea, I was very disappointed by the show in itself too. If some random demoer came on LFSF and would put together the stock in-game shots they've put in here he would be flammed to death.

Yea, I was very disappointed by the show in itself too. If some random demoer came on LFSF and would put together the stock in-game shots they've put in here he would be flammed to death.

so true! plus one
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :We all know... It was just a small attempt to use the goold old "early 2009" meme once more:rolleyes:

Oh right, so long ago I'd forgotten all about it
Is there some winning prize because that brown hair chick was worth it
Quote from 5laps.com admin :Hello, LFS forum users!

Hello sir / madam who could not be arsed to introduce him- or herself!

Quote :
Now is your chance to become a part of the new 5laps.com test group!

I'm sorry but my first impression is that I'd rather be a member of NSDAP.

Quote :
This year, we here at Dodreams – a company situated in Finland –, the developers of 5laps.com* racing service (powered by LFS), are going to launch our service to include all of Europe to bring much anticipated global feel to competing. The project we have going on includes translating our site to support English, but also to test the gaming servers with the help of recruiting a small group of volunteers.

I hope you're going to get the translation job done by someone who knows his grammar. Why do you portray your company as a strictly English speaking one? It doesn't make you look smarter, for that you need to buy some glasses.

Just to prove a point (and somewhat for being funny)
Quote from Dodreams people on their website :
Our office is located in the center of Helsinki and we produce amusing things

Quote :

To have a chance to become a member of the unprecedented 5laps.com voluntary test group, please send a short application to support@dodreams.com, and include your personal information as well as information of your country of residence. All the applicants will be contacted personally.

What is so unprecedented about it?

Quote :

*[I]5laps.com is a Finnish-born game service based on the award winning Live for Speed simulator.

EH? That's just a blatant lie isn't it? What recent awards to be exact, ones from 6 years ago don't count (obviously)?

#13 - CSF
LFS won some awards in like... 2005. Or something.
Do a who.is on 5laps.com and its with joker.com

Maybe thats telling us something
Oh my god, a demo user posted something on the forums, first lets pick every inch of it to bits, then lets be real prick and get the flame throwers out....

really, if it does not intrest you, why all the negativity? If its not your cup of tea, dont be a tosser about it, move on to the next thread.
Quote from Psysim :Oh my god, a demo user posted something on the forums, first lets pick every inch of it to bits, then lets be real prick and get the flame throwers out....

really, if it does not intrest you, why all the negativity? If its not your cup of tea, dont be a tosser about it, move on to the next thread.

+1

and 5laps welcome to troll forum i am sorry
Quote from hyntty :Hello sir / madam who could not be arsed to introduce him- or herself!

Hello sir/madam who's an arsehole on forums because you obviously want to make yourself look big and extend your e-penis.
Quote from hyntty :
I'm sorry but my first impression is that I'd rather be a member of NSDAP.

Godwins law.

/thread.
so, what is it actually? im curious, some kind of league or what?

If i got it right, its the company responsible for many of the finnish players in lfs?
Okay, guys. Sorry to leave you wondering about some things!

First of all, let me now introduce myself. My name is Jouni Hakkarainen and I am a spokesman and a community manager here at Dodreams.

So in a nutshell, 5laps.com is an organized gaming service that is all about multiplayer race driving. Our idea is to let people experience the fun and competitiveness as well as a more community-based side of racing. Also, the name 5laps.com shouldn't be taken too literally as our contests come in many varieties, and the number of laps varies as well.

What we are looking for is a group of testers wanting to test our service and to provide us with information about how things work. Basically this means registering to the site, which is free, and participating in some free races by simply clicking buttons that let you join. The testers will compete with each other and finally give us feedback about how it all went down and whether there was something left to desire.
The email address to send us information of your interest is support@dodreams.com.

Oh, and we are indeed not native English speakers, but we try our best and have a strong background involving the English language. To tell you the truth, the one sentence that one of you picked on was actually considered a little complex even by my own standards...

You can visit our website at www.5laps.com but bear in mind that for now it's only available in Finnish. We are currently sorting out the translations and the site should be available in English very soon.

Thank you for your time!
Quote from NumberTwo :If i got it right, its the company responsible for many of the finnish players in lfs?

Yes it is.

Quote from 5laps.com admin :snip

Thanks for the precisions, but I guess more or less everyone reading this thread is a bit lost... Is this the international transposition of MNK, or another brand new project?

If it is the former, any entry fee, price money, and TV contract this time again?

If it is the latter, what is it exactly? Or maybe you want to big lines secret until the end of the beta testing process?
Thanks for the precisions, but I guess more or less everyone reading this thread is a bit lost... Is this the international transposition of MNK, or another brand new project?

If it is the former, any entry fee, price money, and TV contract this time again?

Yes, you could say that this is an international transposition of MNK. The service is going global in March. There is no entry fee to the site, but valuable prizes will be up for grabs in different kinds of pay tournaments.

Also, with the service changing its name from Finnish Maailman nopein kansa (World's fastest people) to a more international 5laps.com, there has been a few tweaks and changes made. The number one goal for us is to provide a service that meets the wishes and demands of the people. That is why are searching for testers; we want to constantly evolve and reinvent ourselves.

There is not going to be TV contracts this time around, but we do of course have a few surprises and ideas up our sleeve for the future.
I'd like to test.
For me, I am not interested if there must to use different .exe file as MNK did.

Anyway, good luck

5laps.com (powered by LFS) test group required
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG