The online racing simulator
Corvette Stingray for FZ5 - please DELETE
Hello there,

is there anyone kind enough who would be able to make a '74 Corvette Stingray skin for my FZ5?

you can find nice detailed pictures here:

http://www.americancarsuk.com/ ... 454_Red_GNT49M/page01.htm

I'd even like the same red color, though a bit darker.

I'm looking for a good quality skin, so its recognisable as the Stingray

thanks in advance for your help.

Lukas
noone?
Not that fast,I guess... But what exactly do you want to be painted? There's just few logos...
well I actually wanted the fz5 painted so that it looks like a corvette.

here is for example a pic where the fz5 looks kinda like a porsche:

and

I hope this helps to explain it.
#5 - kiste
this i sno example, this is crap. :-/
well i know it isnt the best of quality, thats why i wanted pple here to make a skin for me to make it look nice.

BTW Hans-Dieter, I'd be very happy if you wanted to make the skin for me. I really like your work @ master skinnerz. Am sure you could do a great job with this skin.
#7 - 5tag
The example with the Porsche fake is actually something different, because the FZ50 is pretty much all based on a 911. It's got the same engine in the same place, the overall shape is loosely the same (except for the chunky back of the FZ).

A Corvette C3 is a totally different car, it's much much older, the back is shorter and higher off the ground (no engine there), it has no second side window... I hope you get this will just be probably a waste of time and will look totally wrong and nothing like a corvette.
Quote from 5tag :The example with the Porsche fake is actually something different, because the FZ50 is pretty much all based on a 911. It's got the same engine in the same place, the overall shape is loosely the same (except for the chunky back of the FZ).

A Corvette C3 is a totally different car, it's much much older, the back is shorter and higher off the ground (no engine there), it has no second side window... I hope you get this will just be probably a waste of time and will look totally wrong and nothing like a corvette.

Haven't really thought about it that way, but gotta admit it is a fair point.

Guess i wanted the cars to be alike too much
#9 - 5tag
Quote from Lu-Kaida :Haven't really thought about it that way, but gotta admit it is a fair point.

Guess i wanted the cars to be alike too much

Many can't take the LFS cars as what they are. That's why .vob modifications are pretty popular. They feel their immersion will increase if they know that their car looks like a real one counterpart from the outside... roughly.
Ah well, guess this topic is pointless now

I am not interested in vob mods as they are not allowed on the servers I go to.
#11 - 5tag
Quote from Lu-Kaida :Ah well, guess this topic is pointless now

I am not interested in vob mods as they are not allowed on the servers I go to.

Nice move there! Personally I'd not mind if anybody wanted to change the cars shape but the problem is, if two clients have different models for the same cars and they race next to each other closely, crashes are likely to happen, from what I've heard.
Quote from 5tag :Nice move there! Personally I'd not mind if anybody wanted to change the cars shape but the problem is, if two clients have different models for the same cars and they race next to each other closely, crashes are likely to happen, from what I've heard.

My impression was that a user with a vob mod couldn't join a regular server?
Thanks that you like my work but atm i work on 3 other skins.
as I have seen on the server i go on, it is possible to still join when using vob mods, but the server lag gets affected not mentioning the before mentioned crash issues.

I never wanted a vob mod to actually physically change the look of the car.

All i wanted was for a photoshop wizzard (and there are plenty here from what i have seen) was to "paint" a skin onto the fz5 to resemble a 74 corvette stingray.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG