The online racing simulator
GT2/GT3 setup "repositories"
(9 posts, started )
Hi,

I know some sites with the setups, but they are all for default cars, but I haven't found any that would include setups for cars with added restrictions like:
FX2,FX3,FZ2,FZ3,XR2,XR3,.....
Do any sites like this exist?

Is it ok to download an XRR set for an XR3 car? What would need to be changed? Wing adjustment? Height? Susp.?

Thanks
#2 - Bean0
Sometimes it says in the description of the setup that it is a GT2 set, some on Setupgrid certainly do.

The GT2/3/X restrictions change from series to series, and server to server though, so you may have limited success. Some add weight, some only restrict intake, some both.
I was searching for an useful scipy post on the matter, but I can't find it anymore sadly.

But to make it short, work on the gearbox first(increase final drive ratio by like 0.200 for GT2s). You'll have a good enough base by then, and you may tweak stuff like wings to make it better. (not that I'm any setup guru, but that's what I learned from experience).

Quote from Bean0 :The GT2/3/X restrictions change from series to series, and server to server though, so you may have limited success. Some add weight, some only restrict intake, some both.

Nowadays GT2s are often around 20(FZR)/23(FXR)/24(XRR), and GT3s 28/32/34. Might vary by +-1% according to the league it is based on, of course.
Are you refering to this post?

Anyways, you could always ask other racers for their sets. Usally they will share.
Thanks everyone for replying.
Only one more thing, where can one find aprox. times of other classes?
Mostly I'm interested in AS7 GT3 class times. I love that track and I love throwing my car down through that "blind" chicane.

I've managed to get 2.02.07 time with XR3 there, although it was with full tank and only after like 10-15 laps. Is this on the good side, or is there much to improve?
Oh great! Thanks guys!
Just thought I'd mention that GT3 laps recorded on Airio might not be very representative since those cars are rarely used on public servers.

You might also wanna check pole/fastest lap times from the GT3 Touring Car Cup(season 1 was running 28(FZR)/32(FXR)/34(XRR), season 2 28/31/34 IIRC) and the iCON Touring Car Championship(using only FXR with 32% in all seasons). You won't find times for all combos, but you might find some reliable benchmarks for popular ones.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG