(20 posts, started )

Poll : Most popular lfs car model

FZ5
XFG
XRG
UFR
UF1
Preferred LFS Car Model
I have been following this thread : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=72811 and i thought it would be helpful to determine
what the most popular model would be.
The options in the poll are the simplest cars to make (no seperate or fragile parts) to begin with.
The scale would be around 200mm x 60mm x 80mm or thereabouts, depending on what wheels i can get from modelshops as these would be mounted seperatly.
The models would be rotocast and made in Jesmonite http://www.jesmonite.co.uk/, a arcryllic system with finishes available in plain white, bronze, brass, copper, stainless steel or even stone and made to order depending on finish.
(the metal finishes wouldn't need painting and contain 50% of metal filler and look just like the real thing)
The plain white models would cost £10 and the metal finishes £15 + postage.
Once i know what the most popular model would be i could post a pic of a cast in the various finishes.
This of course all depents on the LFS developers stance on copyright as i won't supply without permission.
Should any of the team read this and have concerns, send me a pm please, i would however seek permission directly before any sale.
OMG!!!

Do want FZ5 or XFG!
Out of the 5 I definitely belive the FZ5 look the best, however the XFG has most history, it must be the most well known vehicle in LFS, since it's been the "starter car" since day 1.
I myself have never really cared for the FZ5. I voted for XFG since I used to race it very much and even if it's only an FWD car I really like it.
I voted for XRG. I like this car, it is RWD without turbo.
If I voted 6 months ago my vote would go to FZ5 but now I think it is ugly and just fails. But XFG is nice. might be slow but fun to drive
XFG
Keep voting
You know you want one
#9 - P1lot
FZR
But in absence of that option, XFG
I take it that the GTR type cars were excluded due to the difficulty of doing the spoiler struts?
Quote from P1lot :FZR
I take it that the GTR type cars were excluded due to the difficulty of doing the spoiler struts?

Yes, it wouldn't be possible to cast in 1 piece and it would be too fragile.
It's not difficult make those pieces seperately in a different material but it would add to manufacturing and pattern costs. However, if i where to sell 100+ of the standard model (somehow doubt it), i would consider it.
i contacted 1 company a while ago,but nothing. the sexiest car is FZR. do want
How would the FZR look without a rear wing?
like an fzt i made before
Attached images
FZT.jpg
LX6 please!!
Quote from Seb66 :How would the FZR look without a rear wing?

Very much like the FZ5 or a Dodo.
Threadbump to get more voters as at this rate it looks unlikely that i would break even, yet alone make any money.
I'm not sure how many voters i need or how long to run the poll without giving it the odd nudge because i don't know what percentage of voters would actually buy a model. My guess would be less than half and i think thats optimistic too.
But probably some non-voters who rarely visits LFSF would buy one if it eventually gets real. Regular LFSF posters/lurkers only represent a small fraction of the LFS users, I'm sure some of us could drag more interrested people from our respective national communities/teams and such.
I live in Australia and if there was some way for me to get my hands on one I would deffinately buy one. Even if that means paying heaps of postage and handling
Quote from patrese :Threadbump to get more voters as at this rate it looks unlikely that i would break even, yet alone make any money.
I'm not sure how many voters i need or how long to run the poll without giving it the odd nudge because i don't know what percentage of voters would actually buy a model. My guess would be less than half and i think thats optimistic too.

Well I'd like one and I hope you can pimp my FZ5 to be an FZR ...seriously, I am interested if the price is correct ...

Preferred LFS Car Model
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG