The online racing simulator
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
(48 posts, started )
#1 - TiJay
Couldn't find a topic on this so thought I'd start one.

Amnesia is an indie title by Frictional Games and available on Steam/The Internets. Basically, you wake up in a castle with no idea who you are or how you got there... and hours of brown trouser moments ensue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M627-obxNzg

The thing that makes this game "the scariest game ever" [random quote from random people] is that you can't defend yourself...

Also there's pretty graphics and some fairly brilliant physics.

Has anyone played it?
I've gone though about half of the game and it's damn good. The element of fear is definitely MUCH stronger than anything I've ever seen in games... you actually ARE afraid of things that might be waiting for you somewhere in the darkness before you. The good thing is that the game is not built exclusively around the intensive atmosphere 'cause the storyline is pretty interesting and well narrated. The game is also fully multiplatform, I have the Linux version and it works like a dream, so it's certainly thumbs up from me...
The game itself is not scary. Its our minds that make it scary because we cant see the monsters all the time and only hear faint noises and catch glimpses of something moving etc. It allows our imaginations to run wild and create a scene that we personally find horrifying. A brilliant concept that works magically.

The game is simply amazing.
#4 - majod
perfect game, I'm playing it now, it's got the scariest atmosphere i've ever experienced in a game (i think)...but I'm able to play it max half hour
Scarier than Doom when it first came out?

If so, I gotta give it a go
Quote from jasonmatthews :Scarier than Doom when it first came out?

Doom is no match for Amnesia when it comes to scariness, believe me
I bought it when it was on sale. It's a great game, but I never play it because I'm a big pansy when it comes to scary stuff, but I still believe I haven't wasted my money ...
I have played this two times now, and i dont want to play it anymore
But i try too finish the story , i think im at the beginning atm
I think its the scariest game i have played. I Always think someone follow me and then i watch back and there is only darkness.
There are weird sounds too .
I think darkness and all sounds make this game scary
I have yet to try it, but it sounds fantastic.

How scary it is, you ask? (video may contain spoilers, don't know if there are any, tho. It's just a video of a dude playing.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY

Quote from BlackEye :I have yet to try it, but it sounds fantastic.

How scary it is, you ask? (video may contain spoilers, don't know if there are any, tho. It's just a video of a dude playing.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY

That video is so funny! I would never be able to play this game, I get scared on Minecraft!
holy shit ive got a bag of milkyways!

lost my shit laughing at that rofl
Looks good
ITT we give thumbs up for Amnesia. Haven't finished it yet but there's been couple of genuinely anxiety-filled moments.
Only been playing it a little bit...1am with all the lights off, pretty interesting so far.

Only had one encounter with the creature, walked around the corner and BAM! RIGHT ****ING INFRONT OF ME. Ran down a hallway into a closet and hid for 10 minutes like a little bitch because i could hear him outside looking for me
Haha, I think that's why people love Amensia - everyone has a story to tell about it. Mine is a cautionary tale:

I found the letter from myself at the start of the game and couldn't figure out how to progress. I knew I had to escape the area so when I saw the hole in the ceiling, I set about gathering crates and spent 2 and a half hours slowly stacking crates to reach said hole. Many failed attempts and "Jenga" moments later, I finally succeeded and leaped through the hole with a great sense of achievement... into nothingness. Turns out I'd jumped outside the game world and all I had to do to escape the area was flick a switch in the room where the letter was...
Watched through one lets play of this title, because I'd be way too scared shitless to play it through to end myself. Hell, I was properly scared even by watching the LP!

Fantastic looking game, the devs really seem to know how to mindf**k a person.
Play it dude! Be a man
Quote from TiJay :Haha, I think that's why people love Amensia - everyone has a story to tell about it. Mine is a cautionary tale:

I found the letter from myself at the start of the game and couldn't figure out how to progress. I knew I had to escape the area so when I saw the hole in the ceiling, I set about gathering crates and spent 2 and a half hours slowly stacking crates to reach said hole. Many failed attempts and "Jenga" moments later, I finally succeeded and leaped through the hole with a great sense of achievement... into nothingness. Turns out I'd jumped outside the game world and all I had to do to escape the area was flick a switch in the room where the letter was...

hahaha
nice effort
Quote from TiJay :Play it dude! Be a man

+1
definitly a great game, scarier than F.E.A.R(Dead little ghost girls creep me out..) and DOOM 3

It plays tricks on your mind, looking down a dark hallway...did i just see something move?
Did i hear something, or was that my own footstep? Did i knock something on the ground?

You're never quite sure if you did actually hear or see something...which is what makes it so great, they've done it EXTREMELY well
Is from the creators of penumbra saga, all the 3 games are fantastic, they are realy scary games

Klutch , you should try Penumbra / Penumbra Black plague / Penumbra Overtune, are the same creators
Quote from Inouva :Is from the creators of penumbra saga, all the 3 games are fantastic, they are realy scary games

Klutch , you should try Penumbra / Penumbra Black plague / Penumbra Overtune, are the same creators

Yep, i discovered penumbra years ago, loved that saga, though i never finished any of them, a bit scary for me. I have also Amnesia installed on my pc but i haven't dared to play it yet, even the quick launch icon scares the sh*t out of me.
Is this a free game, or do I pay?

*cough torrent*

Does look very interesting and like something I'd want to play
Well it's a paid for game but there is a demo. I think it's bloody cheap on Steam so check that out before you look for a torrent
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Is this a free game, or do I pay?

*cough torrent*

Does look very interesting and like something I'd want to play

You're the official ****sman if you steal indie games.

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG