The online racing simulator
Logitech® MOMO® Racing Force Feedback Wheel center problem
Hi, i have problem with my momo racing wheel. The problem is with the center position of the wheel. I mean the position of my Momo wheel does not match the position of the in-game wheel. When i put my wheel in the center, then the in-game wheel is about 3% to the right. Is there a way to solve my problem? I'm using windows 7 and i have downloaded latest software from logitech home page.
Is this the case all the time, or just when you load LFS? Try ctrl+c to recalibrate controllers. Have you tried turning lock to lock when you load LFS - that usually works for me.
its all the time a little bit to the right. Logitech profiler shows that it is 2-3% to right.
Found the following in a GPL forum;

Quote from John Woods : Pretty sure MOMOs, maybe all Logitechs, have a "centering program" that activates at initialization every time. So when opening GPL and getting in a car immediately put wheel through range of motion, floor both pedals repeatedly, (don't know for sure if this is necessary), so centering program will do its job. If not, the centering program will base calibration on user inputs which likely will not be full range of wheel motion and if that motion is not symetrical left and right exactly, (as when turned through full range), the wheel will "center" off center. Also, the self-centering Logi program can conflict with the GPL controller calibration program causing "asymetrical steering."
Here's my solution process:
1. Start GPL.
2. Calibrate wheel and pedals.
3. Get in car.
4. Before doing anything else, (do not move car), turn the wheel through full range of motion two or three times while flooring pedals.

Logi controller centering program and GPL calibration routine should now be in sync.

This may be done every time GPL is opened up, or whenever steering seems off. It is not necessary that the wheel be disconnected (USB), but is necessary that the user goes back to desktop. Otherwise, if the wheel and pedals are calibrated using the GPL menu program, but the Logi program is off, the next time GPL is opened up Logi program runs, centering the wheel, but the GPL centering program calibration is based on the previous session and an asymetric Logi calibration . (Well, I may have this skewed, but the idea is there are two centering programs and they need to be in sync and both zeroed out before each is calibrated which must occur before use).

Another related one;
Quote from miklkit : I'm not quite that thorough. When the puter starts up the wheel centers itself, except that with the new drivers for win7 64 sometimes it ends up turned to the left. I pull the usb plug and then plug it back in and it has reset properly every time so far.

Hopefully you'll get few responses from others in here; wouldn't hurt to try the above. Few more tips from that thread.
thx for quick reply, i will try these out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG