The online racing simulator
Server filter idea
(8 posts, started )
Server filter idea
G'day all,

I'm just sitting here waiting for 390 servers to give me their ping rates so I can join a server without a bf1 in it. I'm only ever going to be able to use about 20 of these as numbers are much smaller in my region.

If we could have a 'Favourites' list in LFS which we could enter names of regularly used servers in our region, it would save me a good 5-10 mins waiting and enable me to find a more appropriate server.

This can also free up some bandwidth on the master server to prevent it sending out the huge list we have nowdays.

Once we join the server, a 'Add server to favourites' button could be placed towards the bottom of the screen and the list could be viewable in maybe a sub-menu in the 'game' or 'misc' options tab? sorta like the list of f-keys or music chanels? We could manually enter or edit server names into this list.

any other ideas?

Scottie
Good idea!

But does it really take you 5-10 minutes to refresh your server list? Mine takes like maybe 30 seconds, tops. And that's if you list all servers. You have pretty good server filters in there you know. Unclick empty, full and private servers and the list is much shorter.
Use the filters to turn off the BF1 servers BEFORE you search, then it'll take but seconds. Also, LFSJoin can remember passwords for your favourite servers (if they have one), so you can make links to favourite servers and put them on your desktop. Check out the LFSW Hosts list (and the join link) to see how to make URLs for LFS servers.
yeah, there are good filters there now if you are lookin for mates to race against and in the same car... but it was just a thought as I was looking to drive a different car and track (such variety!) and most (read all) servers were bf1 or in a league race with passworded servers.

Is an idea when starting a new/differently 'themed' server.
yeah that might be a better way tristan... Think i should look outside the square that is the exe!
Server list needs to regional. No point listing server that are 500+ms.

If you could just filter those in a specific region, it would cut much of the pain.

ie. EU,North America,South America,Asia,Pacific,Africa etc.
Quote from Macfox :Server list needs to regional. No point listing server that are 500+ms.

I agree with this. If there were a user selectable "max" ping, that would be nice. I don't think it would really speed up the results, since the master server still has to get the info from the server and relay it to you, but it would clean up the server list a lot.
Quote from tristancliffe :Use the filters to turn off the BF1 servers BEFORE you search, then it'll take but seconds.

I was just going to ask how you do this, but I pulled up LFS and the server list. I knew you could select the car class you wanted to show. Hmm, I thought, wonder if you can click on the car type across the top of the list? Holy crap! I never new you could do this, LOL Awesome !!!! I was just thinking of making this suggestion last night. Glad I didn't, I would have looked like a fool, LOL (at least more of a fool than I already am :-) )

Server filter idea
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG