The online racing simulator
Asylum seeker & killer not deported
(44 posts, started )
Quote :An asylum-seeker who left a girl dying under the wheels of his car when he fled the scene can stay in the UK, two immigration judges have ruled.
Iraqi Kurd Aso Mohammed Ibrahim was jailed for four months after knocking down Amy Houston in Blackburn in 2003.
Her father Paul Houston, from Darwen, told judges last month they had the power to bring his "seven years of hell to an end" by sending Ibrahim to Iraq.
Continue reading the main story “Start Quote
Where are my human rights?”
End Quote Paul Houston, victim's father
But two senior immigration judges have now ruled he can remain in the UK.
Mr Houston had to make the decision to turn off his daughter's life support machine hours after the crash.
He has since campaigned to get Ibrahim deported.
Mr Houston said he was "frustrated and angry" at the decision.
The Upper Tribunal of the Immigration and Asylum Chamber, sitting in Manchester, heard Ibrahim had previous criminal convictions.
Amy Houston died in hospital after the crash
The 33-year-old, who did not hold a driving licence, was jailed for four months for driving while disqualified and failing to stop after an accident.
On his release he met a British woman and they had two children, Harry, four, and Zara, three.
He was due to be deported but won the right to stay in the UK in December 2009 after arguing that, because he now had two children since being freed from prison, he had a right to a family life under Article 8 of the Human Rights Act.
Two senior immigration judges have now rejected a final appeal by the UK Border Agency to have him deported.
Mr Houston said: "What are the judges saying here? They are saying it doesn't matter what you do when you come here, who you kill, what laws you break, as long as you have a child here you can stay?
"You work hard, play by the rules, pay your taxes and this is how you get treated. What does that say about politicians, our leaders and the legal system? It's a joke."
Paul Houston said Ibrahim had deprived him of his family
He added: "This man is a criminal, do we have no say who we allow in this country?
"He's not a life-saving surgeon or a Nobel prize winner. He was a criminal before, a criminal now and he will continue being a criminal.
"The Human Rights Act is for everybody, not just asylum-seekers and terrorists.
"How can he say he's deprived of his right to a family life? The only person deprived of a family life is me. Amy was my only family."
"They are obsessed with the rights of others from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Where are my human rights?"

What is happening to this stupid country? Unbelievable.
I may hate stuff like this as much as you but frankly I see enough of this sort of stuff in tabloid journalism (especially the Daily Mail) without having to see another thread about how much Britain sucks. We know this, being British and all.

No matter how much we moan and complain they will never take notice because people use these silly "Human rights laws" as get out of jail free cards. Being part of the EU does that to you............
"They are obsessed with the rights of others from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Where are my human rights?"

this will be your downfall. They absolutely know they have more rights than natural born citizens and furthermore know exactly what to say to pull that "get out of jail free" card.
I'm fed up with this crap coming from our overly PC state. Get them out.
Well, im sure that mr iraqui man has his face known after all this publicity and such, so maybe some drugged up hoodies will reconise him late one night, and kick in someone who actually deserves a good going over, we live in hope.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Well, im sure that mr iraqui man has his face known after all this publicity and such, so maybe some drugged up hoodies will reconise him late one night, and kick in someone who actually deserves a good going over, we live in hope.

Agreed, but they probably wont be hooded druggies, they will be normal people who will be gifting justice to he who deserves it. That prick deserves to be tortured. He knew exactly what to do to enable him to stay inside the UK.. Why does the UK continue to let people walk all over it? It's so ****ing frustrating... The excessively PC nature of the case means the guy basically has walked free when he killed someone, he only got 4months for driving offenses (being banned, no insurance etc) he didn't serve any time for killing someones precious daughter. He complained that if he was moved back to Iraq he wouldn't be able to spend time with his family? WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHOS ONLY CHILD HE KILLED? FFS makes me so angry, I would pay to beat that guy in the face repeatidly and I know I'm not the only one.
Quote from BlueFlame :Agreed, but they probably wont be hooded druggies, they will be normal people who will be gifting justice to he who deserves it. That prick deserves to be tortured. He knew exactly what to do to enable him to stay inside the UK.. Why does the UK continue to let people walk all over it? It's so ****ing frustrating... The excessively PC nature of the case means the guy basically has walked free when he killed someone, he only got 4months for driving offenses (being banned, no insurance etc) he didn't serve any time for killing someones precious daughter. He complained that if he was moved back to Iraq he wouldn't be able to spend time with his family? WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHOS ONLY CHILD HE KILLED? FFS makes me so angry, I would pay to beat that guy in the face repeatidly and I know I'm not the only one.

haha, this is why uk is a embarrassment.
Quote from flymike91 :They absolutely know they have more rights than natural born citizens

No they don't.

We do value human life a lot more than the USA does, which is why we're signed up to the European treaty on human rights. It might need some tweaking but show me any legislation that is perfect.

In the meantime enjoy lying in the street with your hands behind your head so your public servants don't shoot you dead next time you miss a red light, mister land-of-the-free.

Quote from BlueFlame :Agreed, but they probably wont be hooded druggies, they will be normal people who will be gifting justice to he who deserves it. That prick deserves to be tortured.

Normal people don't turn into bloodthirsty killers at the suggestion of the gutter press. Nor do they endorse torturing people.

If you like the idea of getting away with vigilante killings and torture, maybe you would be happier in Iraq yourself.
Not that what he did is admirable by any means, but I bet this is another case of blown out of proportion, to some extent. What exactly were his previous crimes? By not mentioning the specific previous offences (probably because they aren't significant enough to warrant a mention), my guess is that he got a traffic citation a couple years back.
Quite ironic that your grandfathers fought the germans and us in some 70 years ago...
Quote from MAGGOT :Not that what he did is admirable by any means, but I bet this is another case of blown out of proportion, to some extent. What exactly were his previous crimes? By not mentioning the specific previous offences (probably because they aren't significant enough to warrant a mention), my guess is that he got a traffic citation a couple years back.

He was disqualified from driving, he was caught with posession of drugs, and had charges of assualt I believe. It's not blown out of proportion, personally, the fact it was a 12 year old girl means little to me, he didn't serve time for killing anyone, he only served time for the fact he was driving whilst disqualified and not having any insurance (which is a given if you are driving without a valid license).

Quote from thisnameistaken :

Normal people don't turn into bloodthirsty killers at the suggestion of the gutter press. Nor do they endorse torturing people.

If you like the idea of getting away with vigilante killings and torture, maybe you would be happier in Iraq yourself.

I'm sure it would be different for you if the girl was black. Y'know cos of your cousin n all meanin it's all personal and shit, and then you can bother yourself to care.
Quote :
was jailed for four months for driving while disqualified and failing to stop after an accident.
On his release he met a British woman and they had two children, Harry, four, and Zara, three.

Although four months for killing a child is appallingly lenient, the fact that he has two young children was, I imagine, a major factor.

Would you deprive two children who are utterly innocent in this matter of their father for the sake of what's essentially a gut feeling of revenge? I've said it a few times on here, but there's a massive difference between justice and revenge.
What kind of justice did her family receive? none. Why should he get to live the life he deprived of her?
Quote from flymike91 :What kind of justice did her family receive? none.

Our justice system punishes those it finds guilty, it does not strive to appease victims. If it did, the law would mete out cruel and unusual punishments on a daily basis. We'd end up like one of those backward third-world countries that still has the death penalty.
Ok I'll play. If you were the judge what punishment would you mete out for a man killing a girl and fleeing from the scene?

For me, hitting someone with a car honestly happens all the time and is usually an accident. The fact that he fled the scene and he never cared anough about the law to get a license in the first place makes it cold-blooded murder. For murder the minimum sentence should be 25 years to life in prison, so thats what I would give him.
Quote from flymike91 :Ok I'll play. If you were the judge what punishment would you mete out for a man killing a girl and fleeing from the scene?

I suppose I would sentence him as strongly as the law allowed, which is probably what the judge did. I imagine he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving and there was little else the judge could do.

Quote from flymike91 :The fact that he fled the scene and he never cared anough about the law to get a license in the first place makes it cold-blooded murder.

No it doesn't. Why am I not surprised to find yet another aspect of public life that you have no ****ing clue about.
getting a little worked up there my friend. Running away from a death that you caused is irreprehensible. Also the maximum sentence for vehicular manslaughter or causing death by dangerous driving is 14 years in the UK, so that is what you would have given him.
Quote from flymike91 :getting a little worked up there my friend. Running away from a death that you caused is irreprehensible. Also the maximum sentence for vehicular manslaughter or causing death by dangerous driving is 14 years in the UK, so that is what you would have given him.

Seems there must not have been any proof of dangerous driving.

Quote from BBC :Ibrahim, who did not hold a driving licence, was jailed for four months for driving while disqualified and failing to stop after an accident.

6 months max, he was probably released after 4 due to time served before conviction.
Quote from Crashgate3 :
Would you deprive two children who are utterly innocent in this matter of their father for the sake of what's essentially a gut feeling of revenge

He found a wife & had the children after he was released. He obviously knew that if he did have kids & the case took long enough, they couldn't deport him. Our justice system is so slow that he had conceived two children in the time it took to bring it to court. A complete fing piss take.

He should have been deported immediately after the sentence was served.
Charge him with perverting the course of justice & send him back to Iraq.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Although four months for killing a child is appallingly lenient, the fact that he has two young children was, I imagine, a major factor.

Would you deprive two children who are utterly innocent in this matter of their father for the sake of what's essentially a gut feeling of revenge? I've said it a few times on here, but there's a massive difference between justice and revenge.

Why would they be better off with a father that is clearly a cowardice criminal than no father at all?
Quote from thisnameistaken : I imagine he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving and there was little else the judge could do.

No it doesn't. Why am I not surprised to find yet another aspect of public life that you have no ****ing clue about.

He wasn't convicted of death by dangerous driving. This is the whole bullshit thing about it, regardless that he's still in the country or not.
Quote from anttt69 :Asylum seeker & killer not deported

Did anyone else read this thread title and think it was moronic that the author listed asylum seeker first as though that was worse than killer?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I suppose I would sentence him as strongly as the law allowed, which is probably what the judge did. I imagine he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving and there was little else the judge could do.

If he was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving, then he must have been served the minimum 12 month custodial sentence, get 12, serve 4, then out on license or whatever they call it.

If he had been sentenced to the maximum tariff of 14 years then he would have been away for at least four and a half years.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_ ... ath_by_dangerous_driving/
Quote from amp88 :Did anyone else read this thread title and think it was moronic that the author listed asylum seeker first as though that was worse than killer?

Those bloody asylum seekers. Coming over here, stealing our jobs, killing our children..

:hide:
"asylum seekers"

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG