The online racing simulator
It sucks...
(89 posts, started )
It sucks...
When you find this wonderful game, and you absoluteley love it, yet you can't afford a liscense. I've been playing with the "Demo" version since December, and i just cant get the cash to buy a liscense. Is there anyone, or any place that sells liscenses for less? $42 or however much it is is alot of cash to me, and I am 16. Around here there are no job oppertunities, and even so, I am too into school, trying to get into a good college. I never have any cash. Is there anything I can do? I'm tired of drooling over all the cars and circuts I can't select.
Yes there is alot you can do, practice the DEMO like crazy...cut out that Pop and bag of chips each day and in 6 weeks you'll be at your goal.

Good Luck Kiddo,
AA
Quote from AtomAnt :Yes there is alot you can do, practice the DEMO like crazy...cut out that Pop and bag of chips each day and in 6 weeks you'll be at your goal.

Good Luck Kiddo,
AA

I never have money to spend- I don't ever come upon any. I'm going to enter the demo series, try to win a liscense.

I just reformatted, so I need to remake all my setups... heh.:weeping:
Can't you mow some lawns or something? Older folks will pay $10-20 to mow their lawns sometimes. Even at $10 per lawn, that's only 4 lawns. You could do that in a day.

When you're 16, that's when you have loads of money. No car payment, no house payment, no wife to support, no kids to feed, etc, etc. Wish I was 16 again. I had boatloads of money back then.
offer yourself as a slave to your parents for a week.
and um... do you still have 2 kidneys? you can sell 1 for quite a bit on the black market
save every change you get in a box somewhere, spare change gets you far
actually i bought a ps2 and GTA vice city when it came out
on change collecting alone (seriously, spare change when i come home, change i find on the floor, change after i break a dollar, recycle bin of cans. etc)

and winter time is a great oppurtunity to shovel and make money.
there are tons of ways, and if your thinking about college, spare some time and get a job, save up money and put some away for college
i am to doing this whole college apply/gettin ready thing.
only a year older than you are.
but tehre are tons of way to save money you just need to think harder and STOP BEING LAZY!
I've tried the lawn thing. Noone around here 'needs it done'. I'm just... Eh. I don't know. I'll figure it out.
I can't understand how in this day and age, and coming from a rich, developed country like the USA, AND, obviously having a PC and an internet connection, that £24 or $42 is so hard to come by, I can obvioulsy understand people having problems from less well off countries like eastern Europe, but even then I would wonder how difficult it is, because they have again obviously been able to afford a PC, and the monthly cost of a net connection.

If you really wanted LFS that much you would find a way, heck I remember doing paper rounds for £5 a week over 20 years ago, I give my 8 year old daughter nearly £10 a week for doing household chores, I mean she could buy a license in a little over 2 weeks.

If fear that laziness comes into play a lot, as it is in no way impossible to get £24 if you try.

Dan,
#9 - avih
Quote from Kris-Is-Awesome :I've tried the lawn thing. Noone around here 'needs it done'. I'm just... Eh. I don't know. I'll figure it out.

don't despair man you WILL figure it out.
sell some crap you own. we've all got a few things that we can sell off.

old comic books, toys, books, etc.

where there's a will, there's a way!

speedfreak227
Quote from Gabkicks :and um... do you still have 2 kidneys? you can sell 1 for quite a bit on the black market

:ices_rofl

that sounds like a real bad addiction.. sell your kidney to get S2 license?! illepall
dont you have a birthday coming up?

My nephew is your age and he ask his dad if he would rather he played a racing sim or a violent fighting game...his dad bought it for the next day for making a good point :0)

Try being cunning if all else fails ;0)
Quote from danowat :I can't understand how in this day and age, and coming from a rich, developed country like the USA, AND, obviously having a PC and an internet connection, that £24 or $42 is so hard to come by, I can obvioulsy understand people having problems from less well off countries like eastern Europe, but even then I would wonder how difficult it is, because they have again obviously been able to afford a PC, and the monthly cost of a net connection.

If you really wanted LFS that much you would find a way, heck I remember doing paper rounds for £5 a week over 20 years ago, I give my 8 year old daughter nearly £10 a week for doing household chores, I mean she could buy a license in a little over 2 weeks.

If fear that laziness comes into play a lot, as it is in no way impossible to get £24 if you try.

Dan,

As your from the UK, i'm sure you can understand there are still a lot of people in this country living on the edge of poverty (social security literally gives people the bare minimum to support life). Some people really CANT afford it. As such, some parents are as tight as a rats backside with money as well. Jobs are also scarse as well. He has also been trying to get a bit of money so saying he's lazy is something you really can't substantiate at all :S

I can see where you are coming from mind you

I used to be his position of absolutely no money either at his age as well. So i can relate to his problem.

All i can say is just keep trying to get some wonga Go about where you live, im sure there are some places looking for some extra help/staff. Local convinience (cant spell for my life xD) store or something?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from sturje :As your from the UK, i'm sure you can understand there are still a lot of people in this country living on the edge of poverty (social security literally gives people the bare minimum to support life). Some people really CANT afford it. As such, some parents are as tight as a rats backside with money as well. Jobs are also scarse as well. He has also been trying to get a bit of money so saying he's lazy is something you really can't substantiate at all :S

I can see where you are coming from mind you

I used to be his position of absolutely no money either at his age as well. So i can relate to his problem.

All i can say is just keep trying to get some wonga Go about where you live, im sure there are some places looking for some extra help/staff. Local convinience (cant spell for my life xD) store or something?

Meh....I have'nt a lot of money, I am not poor, but I am in no way rich either, I come from a VERY poor background, so I know the value of money, and I know how quickly it can go to.

If I were on the breadline, the last thing on my mind would be a PC, a net connection or an driving sim, heck I could tomorrow go out and get a job in Tesco's stacking shelves for minimal wage if I were that broke.

All I am saying is, £24 isnt a lot of money, you could easily make that it a few weeks riding a paper-round.

Dan,
Quote from danowat : I can obvioulsy understand people having problems from less well off countries like eastern Europe, but even then I would wonder how difficult it is, because they have again obviously been able to afford a PC, and the monthly cost of a net connection.

Because these people have usually old PC,slow net connection and they are really on tight with money.They wre able to pay for food,house,net connection and there is nothing left and more important things in life.

For some people in Eastern European countries is 45dollars like 1/6 of their monthly salary!!!
Regardless, a slow PC, and a slow net connection must cost more than £24.

If you don't have the money, then you can't get it, no point bitching about it, I want a new car, but I can't afford it ATM.

Dan,
heh, very true. But concerning his pc and net connection, his parents are paying for it, and the pc and net connection benefits them as well. At anyrate, i completely agree with you on the fact he could go and get a job and get the money quite easily. But there are some people who are in backgrounds, that might have some things. But don't necessarily have the money over at the end of the month to go squandering on a racing sim
Quote from danowat :Regardless, a slow PC, and a slow net connection must cost more than £24.

If you don't have the money, then you can't get it, no point bitching about it, I want a new car, but I can't afford it ATM.

Dan,

The you boy from US just asked if there is other way to get licence in a cheap way like sold from second hand and you turn it into something else.

It cost more then 24pounds but they dont buy such a PC every year or so.They also cant stop paying 1-2 month for internet connection and then pay again.I know it must look sometimes weird how people in eastern Europe or in poor countries are able to have PC and internet connection but they for example dont buy them a new clothes or dont repair their flat or what so ever so they basicly fu**** up their life just to be connected to world.
Can't believe there's nothing to do to raise £24.
Dog walking, car cleaning, odd jobs, paper delivery, MacDonalds shift, window cleaning, shelf-stacking. Funny how so many really poor people can afford PC's, satellite TV, internet, booze and cigarettes.
I'm not wishing to sound heartless, but I'm with Dano on this one, there's stuff i can't afford, I don't go moaning on about it and feeling sorry for myself. If you can't afford it, you can't have it. Live with it. If you want something badly enough, then you will find a way (without stealing hoefully) to pay for it.
Quote from al heeley :Funny how so many really poor people can afford PC's, satellite TV, internet, booze and cigarettes.

Its called sponging off the system. Something that quite frankly annoys me, when they can go out and get a job rather than just getting the money off the government. However, there are people who are on insanely low wages who are literally living off the bare minimum legal wage. Which gets them so far, and so they have some quality of life. Also another thing that i respect about this guy is the fact he hasn't cracked lfs or anything, he is figuring out a way to pay for it.
this might help u out, i also come from a not so rich country (Romania) tho my family is middle class in term of income i don't get everything i want offered so this is what i do to get money:
- Every time i'm sent shoping i keep the change (if youre parents don't send u shoping the ask them too)
- Ask them about once every few days for some pocket money to go out with friends to a movie or stuff like that and then keep it
- Tell them it's one of youre best friends bday and u need some money then go out and spend an entire day (you're parents think you're at the bday party) outsite and keep the money

This are small tricks for when u need cash fast and in 2-3 weeks u'll have the 42$
lol where exactly do you live (really depends) cause depending on where you live i bet i could come up with ideas
Apply at McD's... you almost certain to get a job. High school does not take up 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. McD's understands youre in highschool, and cant work every day. If youre working too much and school is suffering, tell them. You will get less shifts and more time for school. I worked every day in grade 12, and still easily passed everything, despite my extreme laziness and unwillingness to do homework :P I'm sure you can too. I made enough in 2 days to pay for LFS S2, I'm sure you could in a week make enough. Not to mention, you'll want a summer job anyways so you have some scratch for college next year!

I realise not everyone can afford everything, but there is always a way to come up with some money if you really need it. Especially in highly developed countries like the U.S., Canada, and the countries of the U.K.

MAGGOT
When I was 16 years old I had a job washing dished after school and worked about 35 hours a week- I bought my first car (a 1980 Nissan 200sx)- paid for my own insurance and car note. I had a girlfriend too- that I spent money on..

I started working when I was 14 (with "working papers" you needed to get to work that young, only at certain hours).. Before that I shoveled snow and mowed lawns.. since I was old enough to walk.

My advice? Get a part time job or actively go out looking for work like mowing lawns and stuff. There is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS some old lady that would pay you to clean out the gutter- rake leaves, gather sticks off the lawn, mow the lawn etc.. hell most of those old ladies just like having somebody around to talk to for the time you are there working for them...

Then you will appreciate the free time you have to play LFS, and will have enough to upgrade your PC and buy other stuff too. Then get a "real" job and buy a real car too...
No offense intended to anyone....

Guys I am betting this young man is more like 12-14 which would tend to place him in the "allowance" category and without the ability to work. He is bright enough to know that school is the answer which is doubly enforced by his folks!

Tuff age to be! I am four times that and wouldn't want to be a "tweenie" again for nothing.

Good Luck and hang in there!
Gramps

It sucks...
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG