The online racing simulator
Team fortress 2 problem!
(14 posts, started )
Team fortress 2 problem!
Everytime I join a server in TF2, my screen goes black and says "monitor going to sleep" :-( I've checked all plugs and wires, nothing wrong, and the monitor is still connected, I can walk around and shoot and everything....anyone knows how to fix this?
Quote from NewAssault :Everytime I join a server in TF2, my screen goes black and says "monitor going to sleep" :-( I've checked all plugs and wires, nothing wrong, and the monitor is still connected, I can walk around and shoot and everything....anyone knows how to fix this?

Change your resolution/refresh rate. Right click on the game in steam > properties. Then go to 'Set Launch Options' and type:

Quote :-w 800 -h 600 -refresh 60 -freq 60

Then test it out, if it still doesn't work, try:

Quote :-w 800 -h 600 -refresh 60 -freq 60 -dxlevel 81

If that still doesn't work then its a graphics card problem, update ze drivers.

#4 - Woz
There is a command line arg to reset the game back to default settings. Can't remember off top of my head but you should be able to get from the steam forum. Try that and also validate your game cache.
Just tried updating my monitor drivers, and it was pretty outdated.
still getting "monitor going to sleep" message 2 mins after joining a server.

Edit: it's not just TF2 now, it's ALL my games :-(
Quote from NewAssault :Just tried updating my monitor drivers, and it was pretty outdated.
still getting "monitor going to sleep" message 2 mins after joining a server.

Edit: it's not just TF2 now, it's ALL my games :-(

Sounds like graphics card then!
So I need a new one? :S or what the heck is it that's going on?
Quote from NewAssault :So I need a new one? :S or what the heck is it that's going on?

Dont get ur hopes up too soon.

As u can see, we cant help much. Noone can diagnose a problem just by reading what u wrote. Use google, use steam forums - search for it. Else way u could be "meh, imma just buy a new gpu - the problem still occurs? oh what the f***?!"
Quote from hazaky :Dont get ur hopes up too soon.

As u can see, we cant help much. Noone can diagnose a problem just by reading what u wrote. Use google, use steam forums - search for it. Else way u could be "meh, imma just buy a new gpu - the problem still occurs? oh what the f***?!"

yeah, kinda see the point there, gonna go search around the internet then, thanks for all your replies
Quote from hazaky :Dont get ur hopes up too soon.

Says the guy who made a new thread about your broken TV..
Quote from Franky.S :Says the guy who made a new thread about your broken TV..

He had high hopes too soon then.
just tried looking inside the computer, and I noticed that the little ventilator on my graphic card isn't working, could this be the problem ?
if the gpu overheats, yeah. the result could be one of two things:

1) black screen
2) garbled screen and/or hardlock
I guess I have to run on the originalgraphic card for a while then.

Team fortress 2 problem!
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG