The online racing simulator
IP Bans
(13 posts, started )
IP Bans
I would like to be able to IP (+range?) ban!

Either that, or a system ban - something similar to how PB bans people.

Fed up with having to ban the same guy 20-30 times EVERY day!
Quote from Krammeh :I would like to be able to IP (+range?) ban!

Either that, or a system ban - something similar to how PB bans people.

Fed up with having to ban the same guy 20-30 times EVERY day!

just ban his account. /ban username xxx (x being days)
i think airio has this option, maybe ask EQ and he might be able to help you
Quote from xtraction :just ban his account. /ban username xxx (x being days)

and when he makes account after account after account after account.

I have just thought of an amazing way around it though *smiles*. not sure why I've not thought of it before! LFSW is about to get some more access records under my name!
my friend made something for this a while back when he was making me this insim ... he never finished it ... i'll see if i can get the source off him
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :my friend made something for this a while back when he was making me this insim ... he never finished it ... i'll see if i can get the source off him

I have SOMETHING in place now. Which should stop this problem, or at least slow it down to a much more manageable level
Unless he have a static ip, it gona be the same, the ip ban is "Efective" if the "Noob" have a static ip, otherwise is useless
Quote from Inouva :Unless he have a static ip, it gona be the same, the ip ban is "Efective" if the "Noob" have a static ip, otherwise is useless

Thus why I said range ban.

I have a new system in place which is detecting a few things, either way!
#9 - amp88
I don't know what the system you've currently implemented is, but just thought I'd let you know about this in case you were unaware. If you enable logging in your dedi's setup.cfg file (i.e. uncomment the line below "// optional: message log file") you can extract IP information from that and reliably (at least I'm pretty sure it's reliable) match IPs to usernames. With logging enabled, when a guest connects you'll get something like this appearing in the log:

Dec 07 01:38:33 Host Auth : 192.168.1.255
Dec 07 01:38:35 Send Track : 192.168.1.255
Dec 07 01:38:35 Connect : 192.168.1.255
Dec 07 01:38:35 A new guest is connecting
Dec 07 01:38:35 amp88 connected (amp88^L)
Dec 07 01:38:38 amp88 disconnected

From that you can match the amp88 username to the 192.168.1.255 IP. Extend your InSim application to include the IP address of the connection. Then when you ban someone from the server (e.g. using a !ban command in your InSim application) it can also add the user's IP address to your IP-specific ban file, along with the normal LFS username based ban. If you want to implement ban ranges you could do that with regexes (in your IP-specific ban file you could identify lines which were custom regexes by starting them with "Re:" or something similar).

The above isn't a perfect solution (because of the file I/O) but it should be decent until IP ban support is included in LFS. I believe you can also read files from the end backwards with some programming languages / OSs, so you could cut down the amount of file I/O that way, perhaps.
i'd just put a firewall in front of the server and use it to do the blocking...
Quote from bunder9999 :i'd just put a firewall in front of the server and use it to do the blocking...

Doesn't work if you're sharing the box with a number of other users.
Quote from Krammeh :Thus why I said range ban.

I have a new system in place which is detecting a few things, either way!

Using a Ban ip range whould be good, but with that you also are banning ppl with the same ip range that have no relation with the noob who spam acc

Hope you can find the solution
well if its demo racer well its really kinda p*ssed idea. IP Ban range is a good idea like in this forums. but if the guy gets banned and other guy use it without relation on the noob got banned. thats why its hard to face it.

IP Bans
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG