The online racing simulator
Using LFSLapper on separate host problem
Hello there!
Today I was configurating my LFS Server, I am not hosting the server, but I bought a host slot, and I set up the server and everything works fine!
But, when I try to install LFSLapper, and start it, I get no response what-so-ever, no messages, no nothing
I have put all the files from LFSLapper in the Control Panel, and still nothing
What am I doing wrong? Please help me!
Does the LFSLapper.exe need to be started manually or something to make it work??
Thanks in advance!
First of all, I've not used Lapper, but the LFSLapper site got the following info;

Quote :Configuration

To start LFSLapper , you must fill some configuration files that are LFSServer.cfg or. Ini files associated.

LFSServers.cfg

This file is a text file of several lines, you can open your favorite editor as long as it manages UTF8. If you do not have editor of this type, we recommend using psppad.

timeOutScript=2000;
remotePort=3001;
DEF1|gr1|127.0.0.1|29999|./default|default_1.ini|autowork
We'll look to the next line.

DEF1|gr1|127.0.0.1|29999|./default|default_1.ini|autowork
It defines an instance of LFSLapper, ie a specific configuration of LFSLapper to manage a LFS server. We have several of these lines based on the number of servers that LFSLapper must administer.

Each configuration element of an instance of LFSLapper is separated by a vertical bar |

127.0.0.1 is the IP address of your LFS server If your server LFSLapper and LFS are on the same machine, it is not necessary to modify this value.

http://www.lfs-lapper.org/help/en/quick_start.htm

Since you're not using the same machine to host, I think you'll have to change the IP address from 127.0.0.1 to that of the host. You probably have to change/define some other stuff.

Do check the documentation (or wait for someone with lapper-experience to help :tilt
hello what i think your trying to do is run lfslapper from the hosting company(500servers or something like that) i have tried that before and what i do is run lfs lapper on my own computer. all you need to do is config the lfs lapper so it will connect o the i.p of the lfs server(you will need i.p and insim port) and enter the admin password you have set and before you run lfs lapper type /insim 29999 (or what ever insim port is) and then run lfs lapper. it should work. if you want it hosted on the server i reqemend uploading it to the company in a support ticket and they will deal with it
did it work?
-> Syntax error in cfg file "./Cruise.lpr" at line #420
Player name in function CloseButton not a player
Function 'ondistdone./cruise.lpr-360'

-> Syntax error in cfg file "./Cruise.lpr" at line #1526
Token not catched
Function 'onnewplayerjoin./cruise.lpr-1510' script aborted

-> Syntax error in cfg file "./Cruise.lpr" at line #313
Token not catched
Function 'onleaverace./cruise.lpr-267' script aborted

-> Syntax error in cfg file "./Cruise.lpr" at line #584
Token not catched