The online racing simulator
skype problem
(9 posts, started )
skype problem
Don't know if this is a "problem" but it's very annoying, everytime someone calls me one skype, and I pick it up while I got a game running (LFS for example) skype seems to be damping my sound so that I can hear the person I'm talking to better, but how can I make skype stop damping my sound ingame?
It's actually Windows that does it. In the sound settings, there's something to disable auto-detection of VoIP apps. I'm not in Windows right now, nbut it's there somewhere.
Quote from NewAssault :Don't know if this is a "problem" but it's very annoying, everytime someone calls me one skype, and I pick it up while I got a game running (LFS for example) skype seems to be damping my sound so that I can hear the person I'm talking to better, but how can I make skype stop damping my sound ingame?

Are you on Headphones or replaying all the sounds back through your computer speakers/ sound system?
Quote from AtomAnt :Are you on Headphones or replaying all the sounds back through your computer speakers/ sound system?

Also check that programs like Winamp or WMP are not controlling the audio,
Always check Audio properties when such issues occur.

AAnt

Skype me LFSANT
if you have one of those realtek sound cards with srs premium sound, you probably won't be able to do much about it unless you turn srs off, but then you lose all depth and volume to your sound.

but if this was the case, you'd probably have noticed it already with lfs and any other application that generates sound. at least it's only temporary.
Quote from AtomAnt :Also check that programs like Winamp or WMP are not controlling the audio,
Always check Audio properties when such issues occur.

AAnt

Skype me LFSANT

Oh come on, none of those can control the sound unless ur using ASIO or something like that. And to sum it up, if you use ASIO, u probably know where to find the fix anyway.
Quote from bunder9999 :if you have one of those realtek sound cards with srs premium sound, you probably won't be able to do much about it unless you turn srs off, but then you lose all depth and volume to your sound.

but if this was the case, you'd probably have noticed it already with lfs and any other application that generates sound. at least it's only temporary.

Maybe he signed up for (Insert Player)
just red all your replies, and the first one, about that it could be windows doing it..I think it's windows, because when I found the location of it, it was on "turn all volume down when sign of communication" (or something like that) So I think I've solved it, testing it later today
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's actually Windows that does it. In the sound settings, there's something to disable auto-detection of VoIP apps. I'm not in Windows right now, nbut it's there somewhere.

Handy to know, I had the same problem recently.

skype problem
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG