The online racing simulator
Wrong Place, wrong Topic, but what the hell
A bit of Nostalgia test here, for the old people of the joint....... With out clicking the link, see if you can guess........

Vic wrote the music, it was called feel the Silence.

We didn't quiet drive all night

And Joe was the Director, and Afri Cola was the drink to drink, and well the Boomerangs kept come back for more, and they was quick

Found this, and what a gem, even still now, and oh my do I miss this car.

Like I said, for the new people around, this was what LFS WAS LIKE, nostalgia. Hope you enjoy, but you have got to love the Numberplates ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6AMjQsAj7w

Fordie
-
(xtraction) DELETED by xtraction
Great stuff old chap

Kinda wish I didn't ban MSN a few years ago, miss chatting with you here & there. Lives changes I guess
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Great stuff old chap

Kinda wish I didn't ban MSN a few years ago, miss chatting with you here & there. Lives changes I guess

Aye, got to agree.

Quote from Xtraction :who are you again? loving these posts that make you seem like god

Naa, thats Scawen's role, wouldn't want to step on his toes , but thanks for the comment
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Kinda wish I didn't ban MSN a few years ago

Funny, my IM client says it last saw you 13 days ago.

Although I don't recall speaking to you on it for a very long time.
Classic vid

Love the tree at the apex of T3 and the one in the last chicane
Hey Fordie, hows things?

Great vid that one, I do miss the LFS "old days"

maybe awsome and abundant pick up racing will return with the next step in LFS development ie when the big patch comes, who knows, but its nice to reminisce watching vids like that one

SD.
Quote from Bob Smith :Funny, my IM client says it last saw you 13 days ago.

Although I don't recall speaking to you on it for a very long time.

heh, I haven't even had it installed in ages.

Though I did check my hotmail email to see if a confirmation email went to spam somewhere but that was via Web Messenger. Perhaps that counts? edit: turns out my wife's MSN is saying the same thing, now I'm kinda curious heh...

Was good times talking to you and to Anton too, you guys are weird. You have a beer throne!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xen7bcSaF8M

Brings it all back for me....

Those were the days when it was fun to come online and practice for the OLFS, when a round in the OLFS series meant that the WR would get smashed EVERY time, when racing at the top was so tight you could have the full field covered by 3 tenths in quali.

Nowadays, ugh, LFS has stuttered to a halt, I think MoE is in it's 3rd season on this patch, hell I remember at the start of last season they left 1 slot open for Rockingham..HAH!

LFS was fantastic, LFS had lots going for it, in the amount of time we've waited for a scummy VW I would have expected S3 to be released, or at least in the works.
Mostly Newcastle Brown Ale? Newcastle throne would be cool, but probably a bit on the heavy side... I discovered a brewry in British Columbia that makes a mighty fine English Porter, so now I can have non sub-par beer brewed locally that doesn't cost $4 a can/bottle. It's called Okanagan Spring Brewery.

I'm curious to the fate of the throne was it the subject of malicious passionate violence (or perhaps just passion :icon23: ?) or did you cave in and (gasp) dispose of it yourself?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I'm curious to the fate of the throne was it the subject of malicious passionate violence (or perhaps just passion :icon23: ?)

Nah, just malicious. I decided it was proving too fragile and I was bored of repairing it, so after the, err, attack, I carefully dismantled it and put the cans back into boxes, but when I moved house I recycled them to make way for the bottle collection.

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Mostly Newcastle Brown Ale?

Every single beer bottle is different. Got about 100 atm. Weight isn't so much of a problem as is how to bond them together into a structure in the first place. Glass glue is rather expensive (and I'm not sure it would be up to the job?) and you can't weld glass unless it's Pyrex. Plus unlike cans, they don't exactly stack vertically either. Suggestions welcomed...
kebab!!!
WTF is wrong with this forum?
#15 - robt
Quote from IlGuercio :WTF is wrong with this forum?

Nothing! you just needed to be there at the time
Quote from robt :Nothing! you just needed to be there at the time

And those guys from that time need to get back on track in TBO and get their ass kicked on R4R "Thursdays fortnightly for organised racing"

Nice to see you around fordie
Quote from Bawbag :[url]
Nowadays, ugh, LFS has stuttered to a halt, I think MoE is in it's 3rd season on this patch, hell I remember at the start of last season they left 1 slot open for Rockingham..HAH!

LFS was fantastic, LFS had lots going for it, in the amount of time we've waited for a scummy VW I would have expected S3 to be released, or at least in the works.

It could be argued that is the case, LFS has had its time and place (oh ye of little faith) , It can also be argued that its the community at fault partially for its attitude.
We will see when the patch comes, really don't want another revolving discussion but for now I will just say this.
They should know the score by now? But like any normal* person there are other fruit to try and people will leave the restaurant to find a classier joint If the menu is getting boring, Even if the food is just as delicious as it was when you first found it.

Still feel sorry for you mercury guys, great team, great passion on track.
Where is teh nub, man i miss teaching Jonsey how to drive.
It's been a while since I've posted here (2 years :P), let alone played LFS!

Damn this video brings back memories. Thanks for this, I think I'm gonna pull out my old MOMO wheel and start some hotlapping

Now that I've grown up (since my last login), time to update my profile out of n00b status :P /offtopic
hehe i remember these old time and that gives me an idea. scawen, please, give us back the old FXO Turbo. but this time for the NGT and with RWD
I miss those long TBO or the olde XF GTi nights. Or that old Blackwood GP chikane, baaaabbeeehhh <3

I even see some SCCABCO's in the movie Bawbag posted; weeeeeeee!
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :And those guys from that time need to get back on track in TBO and get their ass kicked on R4R "Thursdays fortnightly for organised racing"

Nice to see you around fordie

I stopped by few times and of course TBO can not be boring. Unfortunately most of the community missed to see this opportunity, however they might see it just now.
Haha, awesome video. 2003 was a long time ago!
Definatly brings back memories, I really do miss the close racing back then on the old blackwood, and Fernbay tracks, those were the best days of LFS.
Wow , yeah this video was a bit before my brief time with the T7R lads but still bring back memories of some hectically good time in LFS, Tx for Vid Fordie ,and you know you still have to place to stay if you fancy a visit to dark Africa

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG