The online racing simulator
Announcing SCORE Fake DTM series!
(165 posts, started )
#1 - X-Ter
SCORE is proud to announce the Fake DTM series.
Easy to understand race format - 100km and two mandatory pitstops.
One car only allowed - The FXO GTR will be used for this series.
Carefully selected tracks - All the shortest tracks in LFS is being used.

First race is due Tuesday, May 2:nd on South City classic. See you at the grid at 21:30 Central European Time. Welcome!
#2 - X-Ter
There will also be a mirror of this series for the American/Canadian crowd. Everything will be axactly the same, but on times that better suit drivers on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
I've been looking for a league like this, will be signing up soon. Just out of curiosity, why are you only using the shorter tracks?

edit: none of the pictures seem to be working on the site...
#4 - th84
Quote from X-Ter :There will also be a mirror of this series for the American/Canadian crowd. Everything will be axactly the same, but on times that better suit drivers on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

woo hooo!! nice!! where can i find more info, i searched the site and didnt see anything

edit: i didnt look hard enough!! eeeeek, dont think the times are late enough for me to join
#5 - X-Ter
They should be. All times listed on the schedules are GMT (Zulu time). American server will host the races at 7pm EST, which is 23:00 Zulu (Daylight Saving Time accounted for).
Visit www.timeanddate.com when in doubt

And... You could just keep an eye on the count down. When it's 15 minutes to race, you should be able to enter the server
#6 - X-Ter
Quote from Cropsy :I've been looking for a league like this, will be signing up soon. Just out of curiosity, why are you only using the shorter tracks?

edit: none of the pictures seem to be working on the site...

The pictures arent there cause I have no "DTM pics to put there yet
Will post them as soon as there has been a few practice runs.

The shorter tracks are seldom run (everyone race at the long Aston and Kyoto tracks in the GTR class cars) and I also fear that we might not be a big crowd racing on weeknights. So I chose the shorter tracks to tighten the fields a little
#7 - th84
i can make it if its at 7pm that would be fantastico!!

i always thought gmt was -6, which would make 23:00gmt 17:00(5pm) my time will sign up asap, thnx for fast response

edit: i did the signup form, but not sure if it went through, is there a conformation mail sent??
#8 - X-Ter
Yes, a confirmation mail is sent withing 24 hours, usually a lot faster. I can tell right away that your application didn't come torugh. Try not using the form, but just send a plain email with the info needed
#9 - th84
will do, thanks alot
7pm, EST = 4pm, PST = most west coast racers are still at work.
#11 - th84
yea, it would be nice to bump it up a hour or two
Will talk to the server admin for North America right away
I'll get back to you.
Ok, here it is. The North American race can start exactly six hours after the European race, which should result in these times:

EDT (Eastern Dayligh Time, New York):
9:30 Server opens
9:45 Qualify
10:00 Race

CDT (Central Dayligh Time, Chicago):
8:30 Server opens
8:45 Qualify
9:00 Race

PDT (Pacific Dayligh Time, Vancouver):
6:30 Server opens
6:45 Qualify
7:00 Race

This is the latest possible for the North American Admin, and I think it should prove to be allright for most
Thanks for looking after us North Americans! I see lots of leagues that I'd like to sign up for, but usually the races start about half an hour or so before I get home from work. Email sent.
signing up for this
You're welcome
I don't mean to complain and please dont take it that way, but I wanted to let you know... I cannot stay up that late due to the time I have to get up in the morning. I understand about the west coast guys and the time difference and all. I guess I will have to wait till you have one on the weekend or something. Bummer.....
#18 - th84
Quote from hammer it :I don't mean to complain and please dont take it that way, but I wanted to let you know... I cannot stay up that late due to the time I have to get up in the morning. I understand about the west coast guys and the time difference and all. I guess I will have to wait till you have one on the weekend or something. Bummer.....

maybe next time pal!!
Hey guys, I'll be hosting the North American server....sorry 'bout the timing Hammer but I'm in the same boat, if I start any later than 9 I won't be able to get my beauty sleep
I've tested a bit and the race length will be around 40 minutes (give or take a couple here or there) which means that for the Eastcoast, the race will end around 10:40pm. I know this is a little late for some, but since we should give the Westcoast guys a chance to come home and have something to eat after work, it's actually the best we can offer.
#21 - th84
Works for me!! Sorry for those that it dont work out for!!
#22 - need
Been doing some practicing on SO Classic this evening.
This is going to be one 'interesting' race
Indeed it will be interesting. And since the signups are starting to drop in, it might be crowded in turn 1
North American division could use a few more drivers though. Plenty of time to sign up and start practicing
numberplate
I think the numberplate is poor quality, so here is a better version...
-hope its ok I post it.
Attached images
DTMplate2.jpg
Indeed it is, and the previous plate has been replaced with this one. Thanks

(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG