The online racing simulator
#1 - a-k-m
Questions about the steering wheel and the clutch
Hi,

I want to buy a G25 wheel. Now I was wondering what happens in the game, if you shift (autoclutch off) to another gear and don't press the clutch? does it affect the clutch? will it damage?

At the start of a race... if you don't release the clutch pedal carefully, is it possible to stall the engine? like with real cars...

Coming to an end, I want to ask you, if there's a shop in Europe which has a fair G25 price (max 200 €) and does deliver international (in the EU). It's getting really hard to find a shop anyway which offers the G25!

Thanks for advices and support in advance!

P.S.: So that I don't start a new thread, I write my further questions that come to mind in this Thread.
Where can I find some racing leagues to join which don't require being in a team?

Is the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel the same as the Porsche 911 Carrera Wheel? (http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/ ... 5cad5d88865ad4a45ea5bc6db)
and http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=210

Another question: what is the heel and toe tecnique good for?
Hey there, if you shift without depressing the clutch (and without autoclutch) you'd be in neutral. AFAIK I don't think it affects the clutch - at most you'd lose time if you miss the up-shift (or overshoot a corner if you miss a downshift).

Yes, its possible to stall when moving off from standstill.

Can't say much about buying a G25 now, though. I think it would very tough to find a brand new G25 at the moment. Even 2nd hand ones are selling close to brand-new prices... Hope you find a good deal.
Heel and toe
Quote from a-k-m :At the start of a race... if you don't release the clutch pedal carefully, is it possible to stall the engine? like with real cars...

Yes. Although, in case you haven't realized it, the fastest way to start in LFS is with massive wheelspin. Actually, as long as your wheels are slipping you're starting fast. Might as well keep the revs a bit down and save the tyres.
So you'd be dumping the clutch with a G25 anyway (everyone does).
Quote from RasmusL :
So you'd be dumping the clutch with a G25 anyway (everyone does).

Really?
Maybe an exaggeration, but it really is amazingly fast to just spin the wheels And the clutch is made of butter, so better not slip THAT!
#7 - a-k-m
One more question:

Is it possible to copy the online skins of other players, so that I can access them offline?

EG. I see a player with a nice carskin. How can I access it? I mean, when the server is loading it says "loading skin XY"... So it must be somewhere around?!

thx for answers!
Others people's skins are saved in data\skins_x folder in DDS format.

Im not sure if you can just puste them in the skins_dds folder, or you have to convert them to jpg and paste them in skins folder.
Anyway, shouldn't be hard to copy your favourite skins.
They will be low resolution though.. Just like you see them on others.
Quote from a-k-m :One more question:

Is it possible to copy the online skins of other players, so that I can access them offline?

EG. I see a player with a nice carskin. How can I access it? I mean, when the server is loading it says "loading skin XY"... So it must be somewhere around?!

thx for answers!

Just a note, it is accepted that using other players skins without permission is not cool , especially personal or team skins, so remember to ask first if you can use a skin

SD.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG