The online racing simulator
how to create licenced tweaked server
Hi all,

I wanna open a tweaked LFS server. What should I do?
I couldn't find useful information about it on general search. There are some topics here, but without useful stuff, filled with licence fights...
o.0? you want to open a server or a server that steal liscense?? which one
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : Victor is no longer making them exempt.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :You have to email Victor about that.

I'm pretty sure that only applies to hosts' using modified LFS executable files, does it not? Tweak programs should not affect the executable file, therefore making them safe to use online.

@ beatlemaniac. It's been a while since I created a Tweak server (Since patch V!!) but I'm sure this is how I done it back then.

1. Open LFS and select the car that you are able to tweak (Most likely a XRG/XFG). Open Tweak.

2. Go into Single Player, and put your car on the track. Then go to your Desktop, load your Tweak file, go back into LFS and then pit. Your car should now have the tweak settings applied.

3. With Tweak still running, create and host a server. Of course, make it private so only your friends running Tweak can join. When up and running, put your Tweaked car on to the Track.

4. Now, tell your Friends to repeat steps 1 and 2 on there Computer, in Single Player. You need to make sure they have the EXACT same Tweak save, otherwise they will not be able to go online.

5. If they have loaded the Tweak file correctly, and the Tweak file corresponds with yours, then they should now be able to join your server.

Hopefully, that should of worked. Don't forget that if one of them turns off Tweak or changes any Tweak settings while in the server, then they will timeout and could possibly timeout the server too. Also, don't forget to turn off Tweak and restart LFS before going back onto normal servers.

Let me know if it worked!
Quote from mariuba2 :o.0? you want to open a server or a server that steal liscense?? which one

what the hell is with your attitude? he clearly stated what he wanted
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I'm pretty sure that only applies to hosts' using modified LFS executable files, does it not? Tweak programs should not affect the executable file, therefore making them safe to use online.

@ beatlemaniac. It's been a while since I created a Tweak server (Since patch V!!) but I'm sure this is how I done it back then.

1. Open LFS and select the car that you are able to tweak (Most likely a XRG/XFG). Open Tweak.

2. Go into Single Player, and put your car on the track. Then go to your Desktop, load your Tweak file, go back into LFS and then pit. Your car should now have the tweak settings applied.

3. With Tweak still running, create and host a server. Of course, make it private so only your friends running Tweak can join. When up and running, put your Tweaked car on to the Track.

4. Now, tell your Friends to repeat steps 1 and 2 on there Computer, in Single Player. You need to make sure they have the EXACT same Tweak save, otherwise they will not be able to go online.

5. If they have loaded the Tweak file correctly, and the Tweak file corresponds with yours, then they should now be able to join your server.

Hopefully, that should of worked. Don't forget that if one of them turns off Tweak or changes any Tweak settings while in the server, then they will timeout and could possibly timeout the server too. Also, don't forget to turn off Tweak and restart LFS before going back onto normal servers.

Let me know if it worked!

Im sure there is another way as theres a few servers around that lets u tweak ur settings alone, allowing different tweak setups on the same cars in the server...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG