The online racing simulator
just a little mods i wanted to show arround
(20 posts, started )
So I was bored looking at some video on youtube and came to a pretty nice video on how to edit the startup and and the logon sound which is pretty easy, the most hardest part was for the startup sound because I needed to edit a dll file on system32, which I was not having "admin autorisation" even if I was one, So i needed to take the ownership of the file but with windows 7 i needed some help (google was my best friend haha) and I found how to change the ownership and then take all the right to replace and edit this file up, so that the short story, but if you want a full tutorial on how do to it, just ask me, I will have pleasure to make one with every single step on how mto do it on windows 7 and/or vista ^^

Btw you will see its all playstation 1 oldschool style sound, which i found pretty nice

here is the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JExEPC6onlM
nostalgia'd hard.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :nostalgia'd hard.

if you mean its a remake and I edited the video, no its really real, its not a fake video with sound over it
#4 - amp88
Quote from TopThrillGTR :if you mean its a remake and I edited the video, no its really real, its not a fake video with sound over it

He probably meant nostalgia because he used to play PS1 a lot.
oh my fail then :P sorry
the best, is taking the theme's, and start orb, and modifying those..it really is fully customizable.
yea i know i used to do that in the past too, but im staying with original theme and original orb for now ^^
Where did you get the PSX startup sound from? I too remember that sound at the start of many an all night and then all day that again went to all night gaming sessions. (MGS, GT1 & GT2, Porsche Challenge springs to mind, Porsche Challenge because it was the first racing game that I played in 3d, and it was really very good for it's time.)
I got it from someone, if you wnat to know how to do it i can make a tutorial a little later, and if you allready know how to do it then I could just upload both startup and logon sound for you because you can notice its 2 different sound not only 1 in a row, the first one is when its start and the other one is after i typed my password for the log on
Ive got this sound
these exact 2 song in good quality like mine ? because the first song you need the extended version because the log in take time sometime so you want both song to play next to each other to make it look real
Can one say get this in uncompressed WAV form directly from the PSX'es BIOS?
im not sure about that but i will upload both sound tommorow for all if you
That is actually pretty cool
ps1 was my first "pc" (console) ever (1996? about that).
gran turismo all day long!

remember that sound all to well.
Oww....tekken2/3, silent hill, resident evil, GT...sleepless nights full of fun with friends. Those things instantly hit me when i heard that sound
Thanks for the idea(and for the up.)!
Back on the theme of really awesome moments in my PSX past. I lived in the UK at the time, and I brought the Official PlayStation Magazine (OPSM). Demo Disk 42 had Metal Gear Solid on it, making it a pretty epic Demo Disk in it's own right.

I had never played MGS or even heard of the game so when I got to play the demo I had no idea what I was in for. I was blown away of course and got the game when it came out. I think I read the preview of the game like 20 times because I was so stoked with it. But Demo Disk 42 also had another bunch of items in it that made it an awesome disk to have.

That was, Net Yaroze Hall Of Fame. If you have no idea what I'm talking about your in for quite a treat. It contained, simply, full games that people had written for the Console in Net Yaroze. Those games included the INCREDIBLY additive Rocks 'n Gems & Gravitation. If you can find them, I highly recomend giving them a go. They are a blast!

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG