The online racing simulator
Season 3?
Any plans on a possible 2011 season?
We're not sure yet. Depends on a lot of things right now.

It will of course be kept in the NDR repertoire, but may go for a brief hiatus, or just start a bit later than usual.

We're not sure yet, though. If there's enough committed interest, we may consider running it.
Kk

Looking forward it of course, though season 2 wasn't probably as much epic as season 1, it's still one of the best top-level league around, would be a shame if it's no more.
#4 - Rikje
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Kk

Looking forward it of course, though season 2 wasn't probably as much epic as season 1, it's still one of the best top-level league around, would be a shame if it's no more.

That :iagree:
Yes plz Saison 3
The question is whether we can get enough drivers, or more to the point, more than enough at the start of the season so that by the end when people inevitably drop out, we still have a full grid.

My suggestion however, would be to merge GT Series and iTCC into a 6 round championship, using GT3 cars, and so as to avoid balancing problems, simply have 2 races with each car, and perhaps a round at each LFS location.

GT3 isn't a bad set of restrictions, but it's definitely not suited to endurance racing or long tracks, and needs a decent grid to ensure good racing.
I think the iTCC/GT Series merger is a good idea, those leagues are too much similar to be held at the same time by the same admin team, would be quite a waste of time and energy IMO.

Anyway, I'd quite love to have all 3 cars models on track at a time, sadly it'd probably cause too much controversy with the balancing, indeed. Though I am not personally so much enthousiasmed with it, 2 races for each car looks to be the wiser solution from my point of vue. My biggest concern is having people only able/willing to drive 1/2 car(s) out of 3, and therefore focussing in the rounds proposing those cars instead of competing in the whole championship.
Quote from boothy :... but it's definitely not suited to endurance racing or long tracks, and needs a decent grid to ensure good racing.

it's fine for endurance racing on the right track combo's.
#9 - CSF
Take your own advice and leave this to other people Mr Kings.
Quote from CSF :Take your own advice and leave this to other people Mr Kings.

No need to talk to him like that
Woohoo, kid games!

Anyways, would we be able to pick which car to use each round? Or will it be pre-determined?

Also, tire restrictions?
If we go for 2 rounds with each car and having all the cars the same, it'll need to be pre-determined

Tyre restrictions would be R2 only for FZ3, not R4 for FX3 and dunno for XR3
Well I was meaning if we could choose between the 3 while having only being able to run each 2 times. Therefore you can't complain about restrictions since you are the one choosing the car round by round. But if its pre-determined I guess thats fine too.

R2s on FZ3/XR3 is fine as long as you make suitable tracks for it.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well I was meaning if we could choose between the 3 while having only being able to run each 2 times. Therefore you can't complain about restrictions since you are the one choosing the car round by round. But if its pre-determined I guess thats fine too.

Having to run each 2 times would be a good idea IMO, but how would you deal with people not doing the whole champ(who always represent a huge majority)?

Quote :R2s on FZ3/XR3 is fine as long as you make suitable tracks for it.

Indeed.
That would be bad.

iTCC is a FXR championship, and that is it's charm, these cars will just make it look like a sprint race for MoE, IGTC or GTAL.
How, since the cars running are not represented in GTAL, IGTC, nor MoE?

Tis GT3 Dennis.

@Yann: If they don't want to run the FXR rounds, they wouldn't compete in iTCC. If they don't want to run XRR/FZR then they didn't want to participate in GT Series. Having it all together should include both hopefully. People dedicated to win the championship (or have fun) will obviously do all the rounds.
As someone who loves the GT3 FXR [and the whole iTCC thing], likes the GT3 XRR and despises any kind of FZR in existence, I propose the following ideas.

1)
At the start of the series, each competitor is given 12 "credits" [2*6, taken as an average across all rounds]. We have a round at each of the LFS environments [6 of them]. At each round, the cars are ranked in terms of their pace and given a credit "cost". eg at Westhill, the XRR would cost 3 credits, the FZR 2 credits and the FXR 1 credit. Thus the fastest driver would still win, those who like the iTCC thing still get their FXR racing and those who hate shopping trolleys could still get their RWD fix. And hey, awesome people could try and win at Westhill in the FXR, just for lulz. Newcomers to the series mid-season would be given 2 credits for each remaining race -1 so they don't enter just to get the awesome car for a certain round.

2)
A similar vein to the one above, but STCC style. We have a "Front", "Middle" and "Backmarker" car each round, and so multipliers for the points depending on what car you're in. eg at Westhill you might get a 1.5x points bonus for driving an FXR.

The problem I have, particularly with the GT Series style, is that it screams "tyre saving" to me. The beauty of the iTCC is that it's all about everyone going completely flat out for 15 laps or so, which is why everyone loved it so much. Putting mandatory rounds in other cars would I think put lots of people off, and we'd end up with basically a sprint version of MoE with just all the pro people in.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I'm not in any way saying the GT Series was boring - not at all - but it's just not the iTCC.
Quote from J@tko :we'd end up with basically a sprint version of MoE with just all the pro people in.

That'd be awesome?

Quote :
EDIT: I'm not in any way saying the GT Series was boring - not at all - but it's just not the iTCC.

GT Series had close racing with large amounts of passing due to having to have a good tire set. iTCC was push push push, normally pushing cars out of the way in the process (last season).
So...

...planning has started for a new season of iTCC. It'll be much the same as last year, but most likely with 5 races, slightly less ballast (30-25-20 etc instead of 42-35-28 etc), bigger ragequit penalty, blah blah. Just looking at sorting the calendar and dates just now.

If you have any suggestions though for the new season, then please let us know
#20 - CSF
FE1.
Quote from PMD9409 :That'd be awesome?

Disagree - that would suck. Half the awesomeness of the iTCC is that n00bs like me can turn up and get within 95% of the pace of the really fast drivers like you.

Add rounds in XRR and FZR and you drive lots of people away.

Quote from boothy :So...

...planning has started for a new season of iTCC. It'll be much the same as last year, but most likely with 5 races, slightly less ballast (30-25-20 etc instead of 42-35-28 etc), bigger ragequit penalty, blah blah. Just looking at sorting the calendar and dates just now.

Quote from CSF :FE1.

why change a winning formula me thinks? Why do we always have to change things around bigtime if there is nothing wrong to begin with? Season 1 : GREAT! Season 2 : Not as great as season 1 but still very good. Atm Season 3 seems to become a :| season.

Edit
Quote from boothy :So...

If you have any suggestions though for the new season, then please let us know

That sounds better than trying to merge two leagues. I'm all for it!
Well, I made my first steps in LFS online racing in the iTCC, I have nothing against the FXR.

I wouldn't change much, I guess. The idea to switch cars every round, meh...
I didnt race iTCC season 1, but season 2 was still good, and i would say nothing needs to be changed, i dont really like the idea of FZ and XR coming into it :/
The FX is great, can throw the car around and can make some contact (nudging etc...) so it great for really close racing
I also have not been in the first season, as James, but the second season I was stunned, very funny and almost do not need to get ready, just to practice before the race and you have fun time. Of course if you want better results, it is necessary to train more.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG