The online racing simulator
Technical Tracks please!
(40 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :When you say technial section, which I wholeheartedly agree with, I think of corners/complexes like:

Turns 1 and 2 at Malasia
Turns 9, 10 and 11 at Malaysia
Last four corners at Melbourne
Piratella to Variante Alta at Imola
Last corners of Nurburgring (the NGK Chicane and final corner)
Quite a lot of Barcelona
All of Monaco
Several places at Silverstone (Maggots to Chapel, Vale and Club, Bridge to Luffield)
That multi-apex bit of Turkey, with gradients, bumps and NOT flat out
First corner of China
Esses, Degners, Spoon and the old 130R at Suzuka (new one is BORING)
Middle bit of Interlagos.

All of these are taken from the current F1 season, and are by no means the only ones that are good. Spa has some amazing sections in it.

YES! Wholeheartedly agreeing with you there tristan! +1 for tracks withone or two of these sections in it!
One thing what I have been thinking of is that there are the westhill, aston and kyoto, which all are pretty fast tracks, in the GTRs it's most of the time pedal to the metal. And then there is the fren bay, which is just tricky. The corners aren't hard, they are just sharp, but not sharp enough of give enough variation.

I'd like to see a track like Mosport (talking about '67 version here) or Laguna seca, where there are some slow parts which are challenging in the right way. And there whould be always some kind of straight where you drive side by side for a while . Though not kilometres long like aston. Basically a track that combines some of the corners we already have:
- the new tight corner at as north
- the corners before the backstraight on the ky3 (before the bridge)
- corners that are connected, like the last corners on ky3
- special places, like the corkscrew on as4
- some of the corners in the inner field of the ky2.

But, please, no chicanes. If anyone has driven the Blue mountain or Bathurst track in GPL... you know what I want
Quote from Tweaker :
I personally think that the S2 race tracks are well designed, but imagine if there was a version of Fern Bay that is of much larger scale and wider...

Wide tracks dont make better racing, because there's still 1 main racing line. I dont like the new wide tracks in F1, they just seem pointless. I remember Hockenheim before it was ruined, the huge straights out into the woods at 210+ mph, on a thin track, made it look crazy fast, but people still overtook
Quote from VALE 46 :Wide tracks dont make better racing, because there's still 1 main racing line. I dont like the new wide tracks in F1, they just seem pointless. I remember Hockenheim before it was ruined, the huge straights out into the woods at 210+ mph, on a thin track, made it look crazy fast, but people still overtook

When was it that I implied that making it wider would make it better for passing? I only gave an example of how great Fern Bay is for its overall mix of driving sections (slow corners, fast sweepers, etc), and that if it was of a larger scale (as in longer straights to suit the speed of the car), and then make it wider to fit the car as well. Because FernBay is not an ideal car for some fast cars, it is quite narrow for them. Even the ring looks to be slightly wider. The overall idea of what I meant there was, to make something like Fern Bay, but make it so it isn't so 'short' for the BF1. If Fern Bay had some fairly longer sections in between its corners, it would fit it well.

Imola has hardly any passing, and said to be narrower than the average F1 track. The only reason making a slightly wider track IS for better racing, especially for how we all drive online and need to cram dozens of cars into a corner when the racing it as its best.... but making Fern Bay wider, as I implied it, was only to demonstrate the need to do it for when you increase the scale.

Just look at what I mean here in this image of FE Green. On the left is the 'average' size of what we have currently, and a small red dot for the car size. I made the straights technically longer because of the overall scale, but tried to match the severity of the corners as in the original version (look at the chicanes too, this explains why it would be nicer of we had a larger/faster track to suit the fast cars, but chicanes that would require you slow down for, rather than blasting through them as usual). The track would only be slightly wider, BUT it would have the same challenging corners in terms of speed, which would be somewhat like that of a GTi at FE Green for example. Get the idea?
Attached images
Fern_Bay.gif
The other day I was playing with a friend, and I saw a good South City track also, Its SO long, then at the corner where you go to SO unofficial 1, instead take the SO classic chicane then the hairpin and onto the long front straight.
Attached images
newSO.JPG
the best track would take about 1:30 to drive in the BF1, and have at least 5 corners connected where you´d brake hard from 7th gear to 2nd gear, accelerate while turning to 5th gear, brake hard to 3rd gear for a long sharp sweeping turn that opens up to allow for early throttle and side by side driving, where it ends up in a really tight double chicane which should be 1st or 2nd gear... All through this section your wheel should be turned one way or the other.

THAT is a technical section. AS new configs have some, but the other tracks (or new ones) need them as well.

Oh, and the bigger tracks are boring in the slow cars because the slow cars weren´t meant to drive them. Why do you think there are `cadet´, ´club´, and `GP´ configs?
Maybe the old Hockenheim track would be great?
Maybe it would be great if in lfs the old hockenheim circuit would be added?

The 4 straiths with the three chicanes and the slow stadium section with a low downforce setting is simply awesome. Also the old hockemheim track was not really that narrow, also the long straiths with the chicanes and the entrance of the station section were are all excellent places to overtake. Although the last chicanebefore the station section was a bit too fast to overtake someone else.

There is only two problem i think, don't you need permission to put an real F1 track in a game/simulation

If the lfs team could get such a license ...
I was just saying i dont like wide tracks, and dont see a point in them. Tracks like Sepang are 25m wide, an F1 car is only a tiny bit over 3m and you could fit 6 cars side by side with a metre gap in between! Fern Bay is quite narrow (14m), but i wouldn't see any poing making it wider than 16m or 17m.

http://www.racingcircuits.net/archives/Hockenheim/index.html
Look at the bottom picture, its overgrown now, but you can see how thin Hockenheim used to be out in the forrest
Quote from VALE 46 :I was just saying i dont like wide tracks, and dont see a point in them. Tracks like Sepang are 25m wide, an F1 car is only a tiny bit over 3m and you could fit 6 cars side by side with a metre gap in between! Fern Bay is quite narrow (14m), but i wouldn't see any poing making it wider than 16m or 17m.

http://www.racingcircuits.net/archives/Hockenheim/index.html
Look at the bottom picture, its overgrown now, but you can see how thin Hockenheim used to be out in the forrest

lol, a F1 car is not even close to 3m width. Its about 2,25m. Maybe i will seach the internet later today to get the exact dimensions of a F1 car. But i' m very sure its not even close to being 3 meters width.
oops lol ..... 180cm

again, the tracks dont need to be that wide !
I'd love to see something like Lime Rock Park in LFS. Not too long, but lots of slow, tight corners... and even better, corners that include elevation change and off-camber turning. Also, I'm not a big fan of chicanes but that one at Lime Rock where you take the chicane while cresting the hill and then have to immediately turn back the other way is just exhilirating.
Road America is a good example of a faster, longer track that still has hard braking zones and interesting corner complexes.
plz make new , small technical drift track, for demo ... im from poland and 160PLN for S2 lic. is for me too much...
i'd say what we mean by techinical tracks isn't chicanes but sequences of corners which reward accurste driving and penalise a mistake in one bend by being off line for the next

most famous example i can think of on current f1 tracks are the curves after the start finish and up to the degner curve before the bridge at susuka.

these seperate f1 drivers in real life and are known as one of the few places where a drivers technical skill makes a big difference
Quote from tinvek :i'd say what we mean by techinical tracks isn't chicanes but sequences of corners which reward accurste driving and penalise a mistake in one bend by being off line for the next

most famous example i can think of on current f1 tracks are the curves after the start finish and up to the degner curve before the bridge at susuka.

these seperate f1 drivers in real life and are known as one of the few places where a drivers technical skill makes a big difference

Hmm wish list?
suzuka
spa-francorchamps F1 track
The old real hockenheim track

Technical Tracks please!
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG