The online racing simulator
hi all
(37 posts, started )
hi all
Hi everyone. I just downloaded lfs and have a couple of quick questions.

1. I dont have a wheel and it isnt great without one, What wheel would ye recomend??

2. I saw on youtube people had E30 bmw's etc. How do you get these cars. I couldnt see them on the list. I am going to buy the lincence pack tomorrow.

Thanks
Hello there mate!

1: There are various wheels out there, and most of them works like a charm, however - if you got the money and dedication for SIM racing I would suggest G25 / G27 wheels. Great quality. However there are good cheap logitech wheels too that works. Logtec is a good brand to watch for.

2: Those BMWs you saw were probally mods. Sadly moding in LFS is illegal, so you won't have those cars without breaking some rules. Of course we canot tell you what to do, but I would advice you to not use mods. There are currently good models within LFS, and it's not really that much needed. If you still insist on using mods, I and others canot help you on that matter, but an fast google search will redirect you to right place.
A warning tho - if a moderator sees talk about mods it can be an banable offence.

Please ask if there is anything else we can assist with!
Hey man thanks for the info. I didnt relise it was a bannable offence and wont be trying to do it.

One last question. I am not great with pc gaming but would wheels from a xbox 360 work on the pc? I am hoping to get a wheel tomorrow as using the mouse isnt working out great for me lol
Hehe, no problem mate, and in the end it's up to you to chose (speaking of the mod thingy).

I am not quite sure if that works, do you have the full name of the wheel? Also the Brand/producent?
Maybe, depends on which one it is, but if it doesn't work you can also hook up your XBOX controller as it's much better than a mouse.
Ah I will get it now. Its only a cheap wheel and dosnt have a clutch pedal which I would perfer. Got banned off the road for 2 years so need something to make it feel like I am still driving lol.

How do I put up a avatar?

Sorry for all the qustions
Hehe, it's only lisenced users that can have avatar sadly

Also, does it stand any name or info on the wheel?
Quote from boothy :Maybe, depends on which one it is, but if it doesn't work you can also hook up your XBOX controller as it's much better than a mouse.

Going to try and hook that up now. Do I just plug pad into usb thing
Quote from Bridgemond :Going to try and hook that up now. Do I just plug pad into usb thing

You can try. Just trail and error a little
Quote from The Very End :Hehe, it's only lisenced users that can have avatar sadly

Also, does it stand any name or info on the wheel?

The wheel is at a buddies gaf so not too sure. Its just normall very cheap xbox one. Trying to hook up my xbox pad now and I am struggling hahaha.

Will get licence later when I have the parents credit card lol
Hehe, that's the spirit!

Well, if you manage to find the name on the wheel, just give us the name and we can see if there is a good / avarage / poor one - who knows, it might even be a good one!

You'll probally (if it works on the PC) have to install some drivers and configure the wheel a little. We might be able to solve that problem, but first of see if it works on a computer
Thanks for info and help lads
Cant get the pad to work
Have you found the wheel's name?
If not, do you have any chance to upload a picture of it? Might be a sollution!
Quote from The Very End : Have you found the wheel's name?
If not, do you have any chance to upload a picture of it? Might be a sollution!

Ya I can get a pic of the wheel 2 mins. I am trying to get the pad to work at the moment though as the wheels at a buddie house
Ah ok :/
With picture of it we can probally give it a shot to see if we can find a sollution.
This is the wheel. As said not mine, its a buddie so I dont know what its like. its got two pedals aswell. I would perfer one with 3

Quote from Bridgemond :Cant get the pad to work

You need to install something I think, do a search here or in google for more info.
For the XboX 360 Controllers you need to install this.
Just choose controller, and your usual system specs, and you should be fine. (That driver works for all xbox 360 controllers)

And if you can, get your hands on a G25 or a G27, they're really worth the money.
Quote from Stefani24 :For the XboX 360 Controllers you need to install this.
Just choose controller, and your usual system specs, and you should be fine. (That driver works for all xbox 360 controllers)

And if you can, get your hands on a G25 or a G27, they're really worth the money.

Thanks man. Just downloading this now. Will let you know how it goes
Still cant get it too work. I give up lol.
Don't do that mate
I think we need to find out what kind of wheel it is. If we know the modell we can find the right drivers for it. As long as the right drivers is downloaded it should be functionall. The hardest problem is to find the propper drivers and such.
Quote from The Very End :Don't do that mate
I think we need to find out what kind of wheel it is. If we know the modell we can find the right drivers for it. As long as the right drivers is downloaded it should be functionall. The hardest problem is to find the propper drivers and such.

Its not the wheel, Just the xbox pad I am trying to hook up. I downloaded the drive thing and everything. I am shite with computer's
Just watched a video of a kid hooking one up and I still cant hahahahaha
Just found out it dosnt work with the plug and play kit, So it wasnt my fault. What a waste of a couple of hours.

hi all
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG