The online racing simulator
Laptop connect to TV
(6 posts, started )
Laptop connect to TV
So i have LFS running through the new laptop and connect it to my tv for some awesome gaming.

I usually have it set so I just close the laptop lid.... but is there any way to use the laptop for something??? not a dual screen thing as obviously TV and laptop screens are very different sizes but possibly as a stat readout or gauges or something.
if it matters... connected from laptop to tv via HDMI
#3 - amp88
Quote from BarraSpalding :possibly as a stat readout or gauges or something.

Yes, there are a few packages that use the OutGauge protocol in LFS to display information to the user. You'll find some if you take a look around the unofficial addons sub-forum, but here's a link to one to start you off on your search.
Quote from amp88 :Yes, there are a few packages that use the OutGauge protocol in LFS to display information to the user. You'll find some if you take a look around the unofficial addons sub-forum, but here's a link to one to start you off on your search.

Champion! now to figure it out
in combination with what amp said, you'll have to set up multiple monitors, if you haven't already... (edit: and make sure lfs is on the default monitor to prevent fps losses)

i don't know what card you have, but i know my ati-based laptop clones the screen by default, and my nvidia-based pc does the same.
Quote from bunder9999 :in combination with what amp said, you'll have to set up multiple monitors, if you haven't already... (edit: and make sure lfs is on the default monitor to prevent fps losses)

i don't know what card you have, but i know my ati-based laptop clones the screen by default, and my nvidia-based pc does the same.

Yea as default it is cloning...
laptop is a Dell studio XPS 16... T510917AU... video card is 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 565v

Laptop connect to TV
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG