The online racing simulator
Transmission type in car setup rather than game settings
I had an idea to add a hint of realism, give me your opinion

Let's say transmission type were in the car setup page rather than the game settings. Those wanting to use auto clutch can still have the option in game settings

For example: TBO cars will have the selection between 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic, the automatic also adding some weight and loss of some rear wheel power

Race cars such as FXR and XFR having sequential gear boxes will not have the option for automatic transmission.
+1 for more realism like this to.

Just remember some people NEED to use Auto for various reasons. eg..
- They are physically disabled.
- Controller method does not accomodate gears.
- Don't have the co-ordination/skill/understanding yet to use manual.

So you cannot completely remove Auto gears option for some cars as you said. Added to your solution which is - the transmission type put into the setup menu, no. of gears available and weight changes when you modify it, [similar to how you can change the diff], BUT also have something similar for the GTR's setup as well. The transmission would allow AUTO for those that do REQUIRE it, but gear changes are slower and weight etc is affected. The NUMBER of total gears doesn't have to change for the GTR's like in the road cars Auto setup.

But in the end, Auto gears already has it's disadvantages in lap times, at least, I always find it less agressive on Auto.
+1 from me, realism ftw
Well, for realism, Automatics actually shift very fast, but the added components (torque converter and a gallon and a half of hydraulic fluid going through a pipe world of valves and stuff) add weight to the car (by order of about 100 lbs) and reduce the final power output. The key will be to actually simulate the torque converter action, and not just have an "auto shifting manual" like every other game out there. The difference in driveability and durability (automatics can overheat if pushed too hard, but don't transmit shock damage to engines when you are jumping and landing) will give auto drivers an incentive to drive manual, and will also spark debate (and concurrent racing) in Rallycross and Drag as to whether Auto or Manual is better in that case.
As a server option +1
#6 - Zay
I think it's a good idea, whenever I play with people who use the manual semi automatic gearbox out there at the moment, they all seem to burn up there clutches pretty fast. Maybe this would prevent that?
Quote from pärtan :I think it's a good idea, whenever I play with people who use the manual semi automatic gearbox out there at the moment, they all seem to burn up there clutches pretty fast. Maybe this would prevent that?

they burn their clutch because they change gear with full throttle, on roadcars you must disengage the throttle before you want to change gear in endurance races, in a few laps you can't burn your cloutch, except in south city
Quote from tikshow :they burn their clutch because they change gear with full throttle, on roadcars you must disengage the throttle before you want to change gear in endurance races, in a few laps you can't burn your cloutch, except in south city

I know that, but i meant the automatic gearbox system in the game right now based of the manual system.
Automatic as in torque converter slushbox kind thata lot of real life cars have and come with as standard equipment.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG