Date: October 28, 2010
Time: 19:00 UTC
18:00 UTC - Rolling Start Tryout 1
18:00 UTC - Rolling Start Tryout 2
18:00 UTC - Rolling Start Tryout 3
19:00 UTC - 10 minute Qualifying
19:15 UTC - 1 hour race.

We will have 3 rolling-start practices at 18:00, 18:20 and 18:40UTC
Feel free to attend all of them or just single tries. It would be great to have some new(er) teams in there so you can have a test under "real" conditions for saturday.

Cheers
I added Rolling Start practices?

Be home soon.
sorry for any mess, all day connection is fine, then the race starts and it gets overloaded, disconnect, rejoin disconnect again, ... can't get on server anymore, I hope it will unblock me later
Moving tomorrow back to school, can't stand this place especially with that bad connection, just couldn't resist to try the test race.
Thanks for the practice race guys it was a good thing to do for a newbe like myself.

Really good to practice the start and enjoyed it alot even though I was way to slow

Keep up the good work!!!!
Great a testrace.
I couldnt settle in and did shitty laps.
However I am stunned how people drive, overtaken under yellow flag, 3 cars just overtook me.
Tommy at the back at first lape and using his speed coming on the oval and overtaking about everyone in first corner.
People just go on track without even watching if someone is approaching.
Stunned.
If my pace is like that on Saturday I will cry into a pillow for a week.
Oh well. Mey-hem in the first laps but I got through. Else I enjoyed driving own while some were hitting times I thought unreachable

Just a short mention to the test starts. Couldn't attend to the two first ones, but the third and last one was amazingly useless, I do not see the point of this if most people aren't going to take it seriously and keep pulling CADs all the way.
Quote from niels1 :Great a testrace.
I couldnt settle in and did shitty laps.
However I am stunned how people drive, overtaken under yellow flag, 3 cars just overtook me.
Tommy at the back at first lape and using his speed coming on the oval and overtaking about everyone in first corner.
People just go on track without even watching if someone is approaching.
Stunned.

hey, it shouldnt gone green there, dont blame me! :P It was green flag, I was allowed to overtake And I didnt create any "bad" stuff, everything went clean. Got up to 10th in T1, I think. This is the same as RSR did at blackwood (isnt it? :P) Im not sure if I would've done this in a real race, but I also guess the start would've been waved off in a real race, no? You guys should stick to the bumper to the guy in front, approaching the oval. And dont crash.

Also. FANTASTIC fight with Seb and Simon! WOW! Thanks for making the hour go that quickly. Was a pleasure!
Quote from Tomhah :hey, it shouldnt gone green there, dont blame me! :P It was green flag, I was allowed to overtake And I didnt create any "bad" stuff, everything went clean. Got up to 10th in T1, I think. This is the same as RSR did at blackwood (isnt it? :P) Im not sure if I would've done this in a real race, but I also guess the start would've been waved off in a real race, no? You guys should stick to the bumper to the guy in front, approaching the oval. And dont crash.

Also. FANTASTIC fight with Seb and Simon! WOW! Thanks for making the hour go that quickly. Was a pleasure!

Well yes RSR did, and did get punished for.
Staying at the cars when people keep weaving not staying at the car infront doesnt work.
Quote from niels1 :Well yes RSR did, and did get punished for.

Nope, RSR(or Kev rather) got punishement for the T1 pile-up that followed. No sanctions were given away because of Kev's special start, though d recognised it wasn't really in the spirit of the rules.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1312022#post1312022

Anyway I have to say that Tommy's start looks epic on the replay, especially between oval T1 and T1
Left front tyre puncture :|

Nice racing before that, was making pretty good laptimes for me.
It seems by testrace this year XRR will slothered the FZR and FXR cars.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Nope, RSR(or Kev rather) got punishement for the T1 pile-up that followed. No sanctions were given away because of Kev's special start, though d recognised it wasn't really in the spirit of the rules.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1312022#post1312022

Anyway I have to say that Tommy's start looks epic on the replay, especially between oval T1 and T1

hmmmm

Quote :However, there is a spirit of the rules violation, as we hope that no one would gain advantage from a situation like this. We'll let it get through this time, but we do not wish for someone to get that sort of advantage again and will be amending the rules accordingly to include a penalty for doing such a "jump"

Anyway doesnt matter to me. Ijust had a hard day at work, couldnt settle in and did really shitty times.
I was more shocked that people overtake under yellow flag. And people get on track after chrashing without even be aware that others might appraoch.
Quote from niels1 :hmmmm

hmmmm

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :though d recognised it wasn't really in the spirit of the rules.

My point is that saying that RSR got penalised for the start in itself is incorrect technically speaking.

Quote :However, there is a spirit of the rules violation, as we hope that no one would gain advantage from a situation like this. We'll let it get through this time

Quote :The incident in turn 1 is a divebomb-style maneuver - Car 27 brakes when starting the left hand turn, but then gets back on the accelerator for a short bit before braking again, where other cars around brake at the same place he does and keep slowing constantly. If Car 27 had stayed on the binders when he first got on them, he would have been behind the grouping of cars ahead and clean sailing for himself and others.

The actions led to a major avoidable incident - we are giving the post-race equivalent to a stop-go penalty, 45 seconds added to Car 27's time. Also, driver of Car 27 at the time, z-ro 8 is placed on 90 day probation for all NDR events, which could result in more severe penalties for rule transgressions in that window.

But oh well. Arguing on details like this isn't very productive I guess

ROAR !!! I am Dinosaur!
yes pls be aware of your surroundings, and keep distance under SC! I was warming up tires and got hit 2x because somebody was beside me...
don't worry there is enough time to catch the leader behind SC KEEP SAFE DISTANCE
It's hard to overtake on KY2R...(at least for me) but that doesn't mean you go crazy and overtake with high speed coming in to the corner inside.
The start is really crazy, before there are gaps between cars, everybody is eager for every millimeter and every possible overtake.
I hope after Qualification people will understand that the car in front is probably faster, so no reason to overtake just take your time you have 3 hours and drive safe. Don't tell me you would drive like that in real car, trying to kill yourself and somebody else at the start (first 10 laps) of a race.
Want to drive first and get away? Do a good Q time, take a light car (low fuel) and fly away.
People need to remember that this is a test race for the race the coming weekend, why people are getting ridiculous starts, or making moves that are completely unneeded the first couple laps of the race is beyond me.

Lets be more patient next time, and realize that everyone is driving to see how their car will perform the following Saturday, so hopefully next time everyone will respect that and be more cautious the opening lights.

Anyways, looks like this idea is rather popular, so next round depending upon how college goes, I will do the same.
as usual I screwed up..small mistake...vast consequences...and the only thing I´ve found out is that if I am driving behind a car...even 1,5s slower I cant overtake it...and as I overtake and have free view on road I can do 1:40s easily...so first stint is nothing for me...it is really difficult to overtake on this track
Back to therapy......
Attached images
hangman.jpg
The start would've been called off it was on Saturday, and Marius would've been given a SG penalty for not being ptilane speed +/-10kph, which if he had been, would've allowed the others to catch up
Quote from boothy :The start would've been called off it was on Saturday, and Marius would've been given a SG penalty for not being ptilane speed +/-10kph, which if he had been, would've allowed the others to catch up

Thats what I thought (the with the start)
Quote from boothy :The start would've been called off it was on Saturday, and Marius would've been given a SG penalty for not being ptilane speed +/-10kph, which if he had been, would've allowed the others to catch up

Ehm yeah, that was just because Simon was passing me like shit, he was almost a whole car ahead and i tried to signal him that i don't want that
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
1:39.77 as FastLap? Damn... this is getting serious, XRR for sure right?
Quote from Koa128 :1:39.77 as FastLap? Damn... this is getting serious, XRR for sure right?

yeah, and he was bumpdrafted through 1st split
Well that explains a certain part of the time

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG