The online racing simulator
Can't decide what wheel
(48 posts, started )
Can't decide what wheel
I'm thinking of improving my Racing setup with a new wheel, Recently I bought the Logitech Driving Force GT, and it runs great. Except the fact that the force feedback disapears after 10 minutes of play..
But then I thought of buying either a G25 or a G27, they sound like they're some real quality wheels for a sim-racer like myself, but I don't have the greatest budget in the world...The best choice to me would be the G25, since it sounds most interesting to me...

What do you people say? should I stick with my DFGT or get a G25 ? :O
I think you should stick to you DFGT and sort out the problem.

Basically there is no big difference between DFGT and G25 (G27 would be a little bit more silent)

PS. if you are serious about simarcing get the ECCI 7000 (or was it VPP?) Now thats as good as it gets (just a tad expensive xD)
Quote from JazzOn :I think you should stick to you DFGT and sort out the problem.

Basically there is no big difference between DFGT and G25 (G27 would be a little bit more silent)

PS. if you are serious about simarcing get the ECCI 7000 (or was it VPP?) Now thats as good as it gets (just a tad expensive xD)

So far I see a huge difference in quality of the wheels :O
G25/27 have a much greater looks, better gear shifting paddles, and a 6 speed shifter...the wheel is even made of aluminium :O
The DFGT seems less robust in my opinion...made of plastic, only sequential shifting is possible since the shifting paddles is not very good for gear shifting (In my opinion)...

I just don't know if I should buy G25
Ok, ye forgot about the shifter which is a plus for G-series, but quality wise, they don't take each other a lot, which is what i was on about

Back in the days on my DFP, i modified the paddles by glueing some on the "buttons". It was alright but not as stiff as the G25 paddles, tho.

In the end it's about what you need/want and a shifter is indeed quite useful/fun. Note that the G25 shifter is kinda toyish/plastic. (PS. and has no resistance when in gear obviously - and unfortunatly)
Quote from JazzOn :Ok, ye forgot about the shifter which is a plus for G-series, but quality wise, they don't take each other a lot, which is what i was on about

Back in the days on my DFP, i modified the paddles by glueing some on the "buttons". It was alright but not as stiff as the G25 paddles, tho.

In the end it's about what you need/want and a shifter is indeed quite useful/fun. Note that the G25 shifter is kinda toyish/plastic. (PS. and has no resistance when in gear obviously - and unfortunatly)

Feedback appreciated

thank you
Fanatec GT3 RS with Clubsport pedals. Simple.
#7 - dadge
Quote from Bose321 :Fanatec GT3 RS with Clubsport pedals. Simple.

i didn't even need to click into this thread to know what you were going to say. maybe change the record?
the question was, "should i stay with my DFGT or should i buy a G25?" in which part of that question did he ask if he should buy a fanatec?

his DFGT should not be failing after 10 minutes of use. updating drivers could solve the problem and that way, he would not have to spend money on a wheel he doesn't need.
Quote from dadge :i didn't even need to click into this thread to know what you were going to say. maybe change the record?
the question was, "should i stay with my DFGT or should i buy a G25?" in which part of that question did he ask if he should buy a fanatec?

his DFGT should not be failing after 10 minutes of use. updating drivers could solve the problem and that way, he would not have to spend money on a wheel he doesn't need.

lol u mad?

Well, the question is obvious, if he has the choose with those two, he should go for the least sucky one, the G25.
#9 - dadge
Quote from Bose321 : lol u mad?.

no, but you're becoming quite predictable

Quote from Bose321 :Well, the question is obvious, if he has the choose with those two, he should go for the least sucky one, the G25.

the question was obvious. but you still managed to **** the answer up.
Quote from dadge :the question was obvious. but you still managed to **** the answer up.

The question was G25 or DFGT, so I answered G25. How is that ****ed up?
Quote from Bose321 :The question was G25 or DFGT, so I answered G25. How is that ****ed up?

because this was your answer:
Quote from Bose321 :Fanatec GT3 RS with Clubsport pedals. Simple.

simple
Quote from dadge :because this was your answer:
simple

No, that was not my final answer. Just some recommendation...
Quote from Bose321 :No, that was not my final answer. Just some recommendation...

this isn't "who wants to be a millionaire" a simple "A" or "B" question was asked. you answered "C".
chin up sunshine, you're effing special.
Quote from dadge :this isn't "who wants to be a millionaire" a simple "A" or "B" question was asked. you answered "C".
chin up sunshine, you're effing special.

Cool story bro.
Quote from dadge :again, you got it wrong. that wasn't a story.

But it's cool bro.
#17 - Zay
Please, go argue somewhere else lol.
@ontopic go 4 the G25 man, it has the shifter, its nice and durable, nice quality, etc. You will be happy, garanteed
Quote from Bose321 :But it's cool bro.

strike 3, you're out! i'm not your bro.

still want to contribute to your failure within this thread?

Quote from Zay :Please, go argue somewhere else lol.

@ontopic go 4 the G25 man, it has the shifter, its nice and durable, nice quality, etc. You will be happy, garanteed

eh? you came here to tell us to argue somewhere else? we were doing just fine until you came along. how's about you make like a tree, and get the hell outa here! back to the future quotes rock!
Quote from dadge :strike 3, you're out! i'm not your bro.

still want to contribute to your failure within this thread?

k bat it's still cool bro.
Bose, are you autistic, or just plain ol' retarded?
On amazon you can get a g27 Quite cheap, I would personally recommend a G- Series anything, It's all top notch quality and you can never really go wrong in any of logitech's stuff.

Of course, That's just my opinion, My wheel is broke as ****, And it does not work, BSOD's the computer every time.

But I most likely got a faulty one, So I would recommend it.

Also you two need to get a room, I see abit of that makeup swapping. ( If you get the joke )
Thank's for your replies !

And it was very entertaining to read these posts^^

I'll see if my drivers are out of date, and definately look for some cheap G25/G27
all of my gaming gear (mouse, keyboard, etc etc..) is from the G-series never had any probs with them
Quote from NewAssault :
And it was very entertaining to read these posts

Yea, too bad they (seemed to have ) stopped.

I do like the G27 over the G25. The G27 wheel feels a bit different than to the G25... maybe not necessary a good thing, but for me, its better. The G25 is noisy - but something you can live with.

Logitech customer support is superb - I was able to get in touch, send details and get a replacement for the G25 when the pedals failed, all within a few days.
Quote from dadge :and what (may i ask) is a k bat?

Something you don't have.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Bose, are you autistic, or just plain ol' retarded?

you.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Also you two need to get a room, I see abit of that makeup swapping. ( If you get the joke )

nope.avi
Quote from Silverracer :Yea, too bad they (seemed to have ) stopped.

I do like the G27 over the G25. The G27 wheel feels a bit different than to the G25... maybe not necessary a good thing, but for me, its better. The G25 is noisy - but something you can live with.

Logitech customer support is superb - I was able to get in touch, send details and get a replacement for the G25 when the pedals failed, all within a few days.

ZOMG dat was not the question, it was DFGT or G25!1!

Can't decide what wheel
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG