The online racing simulator
Sound Poping the Freeze/skip frame
Hello all.. After searching through the threads I found what I think is my problem but was wanting any confirmation.

Vista 32bit
ATI X1900 Crossfire Edition
2.4 Dual Core
Onboard Sound

The game runs smoothly at 100FPS with everything turned up, but I have an issue with the game freezing briefly, a pop then skips a few frames. I read in the forums a user having similar issues and he brought up the sound by Shift-A and noted "clipping" in red.

Is this due to an issue with an onboard sound card? Just wondering before I go through the trouble of digging out my PCI sound card.

Thanks
#2 - Mauni
#3 - dadge
i had the same problem. turning off cool n' quiet in my bios fixed it. i also bought a pci soundcard to fix the issue but that didn't help. also those temperature monitor utillities i got with my motherboard were causing some of the issues. turning them off instantly decreased the popping.
Might not be this, but it's worth trying other things if you have no luck turning off CPU temp monitoring for auto speed throttling.

I noticed you mentioned red clipping sounds. I had sound issues once when I was furiously downloading all sorts of .eng files. A couple of them actually caused the game to 'spike' the sound occasionally. Can't explain why, but they where not good. Kind of like the sound files were corrupted or not quite right for LFS. If you've downloaded any .eng files, replace them with the originals. If you don't have the originals install LFS in another directory and get them from there.

Even then, try another separate install of LFS in another directory with default everything to see if the problem goes away. Could be something else, like too many skins, too many high res textures, something you downloaded to enhance LFS etc etc. I once had an enhanced smoke .dds file that was too big and caused stutter (seemingly random, but it was when people skidded and created the slightest bit of smoke). Just try a separate fresh install and defrag your HDD is something easy to try out to see if it's something you added to LFS that's causing the problem.

Also something to try, turn off saving replay function. [not enabled - not saved] for SP/MP in Options >> Game. On my old PC (Radeon 9500pro) I used to get some occasional stutter when replay was enabled to even manual save.

Let us know how it goes.

edit
ooh, oh and something else, The Sound Lag option in Options >> Misc. Take note of what it is at default, then adjust that. I've noticed posts in the past where that this can resolve some sound issues, but I'm not sure how it works really.
Turns out it was a BOV sound that I downloaded from here that was causing the problems.

I found them from here:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... t=38209&highlight=bov

Not saying there is anything wrong with them cause from the post there wasn't an issues, otherwise I wouldn't have downloaded them. But they caused my LFS to have issues.

Who knows, may have been something I did.

I figured it out by driving a non turbo xrg and the game ran fine with all settings turned up. But when I went back to the XRT it stuttered.

Thanks to all for the help/suggestions.
Good job man!
I've been with this in ages when my cars flies like rolling somersault on xrg the sound pops up like echo and starts fps to get lower and lower but when i reinitialize the sound the fps returns normal well i just avoiding my car flips around rofl..
Quote from akoolrolla23 :I've been with this in ages when my cars flies like rolling somersault on xrg the sound pops up like echo and starts fps to get lower and lower but when i reinitialize the sound the fps returns normal well i just avoiding my car flips around rofl..

we have same problem bro rofl when will you get out on that house anyways?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG