The online racing simulator
Help with 3d skining!
(4 posts, started )
Help with 3d skining!
Hi!

I could really use some help by some gifted skinners here on the forum...
I have ps cs3 extended, and im trying to figure out how to skin with 3d model (i have the 3d models and everything on my comp)
I cant get the 2d skin on the 3d car, like ive seen on tuts they edit one file and then save it and it shows on the 3d model..
but i cant find any tuts on how to get there
You get where im going, how do i do that?

I can use any help possible!
Before cs3 i sat with ps7
U need at least CS4 or better yet CS5. CS3 is the first version where 3D got implemented as it's not very good. Plus if you trying to open my kits with cs3 it wount work cause they've been made in cs4 extended. Everything is explained in my tuts as well, so go watch em.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=60375

Quicker to post a new thread and wait till someone stumbles over it then using search?
If you use an .obj file or similar, you won't have to worry about which version of photoshop you are using, as you would if you were to start with a .psd file.
Once you have your new 3D layer in place, and you've selected the object you wish to paint, in the sublayers you can see a layer which, when double-clicked, will open up another window that shows the skin in the form you will be more used to. you can paint directly into that window, and add layers to it, and then save and close it, and the 3D object will update automatically. The layers you add in that subfile will be preserved so that you can come back to them and touch up areas that may get oversprayed while working on other parts of the car. I've found it best to have a separate layer for each section of the car, in case accidents happen.
The last thing I do when I'm happy with the skin is open the sublayer, save it as a new .psd file (if you want to work on it further e.g. add decals etc), flatten it and save it as a jpg. done.

Hope this helps
Has anyone made any breakthroughs? Real keen to see what others have done with this.

Help with 3d skining!
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG