The online racing simulator
Suggie:D
(28 posts, started )
There should come something new for the demo Not only S2, some people are not allowed to pay for games...(not like im one of em)
So please make something new for the demo
#2 - Jakg
? if you want more content, buy the game, you have a demo with 3 cars and 5 tracks, most demos have 1/2 cars and 1 track, you are getting better than most peeople get!
There is new stuff for the demo, like new tyre behaviour, and updated physics. If you want more content just buy the game.
#4 - joen
Yes all the improvements to S2 are available in the demo, just not cars and tracks.
I don't see any reason to include more in the demo. If you like the game buy it, it's as simple as that.

Although my opinion is that the demo concept should be changed if possible. In order to let demo users evaluate the game better, and because of that possibly getting more of them to buy the game, I think the demo should offer everything that's available to paying users for a limited time only (say 30 day evaluation) with the exception of access to race sessions on S2 servers. After 30 days, none of it should be available.
The problem with this is probably that it would eventually be crackable as well.
But maybe it could be done with an online authentication everytime you play the game online or offline.
I think there is enough content there to be able to judge if you think the game is a worthwhile purchase.

I personally think that the demo should be time limited, there are too many people using just the demo IMO.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :I think there is enough content there to be able to judge if you think the game is a worthwhile purchase.

I personally think that the demo should be time limited, there are too many people using just the demo IMO.

Dan,

It should have NO online play at all. And they shouldn't be able to post in the forums, especially improvement suggestions.
lol dude your wasting your time makin a demo upgrade post...besides like the others said if u want more content buy the full version...and for those of u who are complaining about demo racers lol....i believe we were all demo racers at one time or another....illepall .....yes i know im a demo racer but only for another 2 more weeks than its bye bye social life..:headbang:
Buy license... Or do you really think license is too expensive?? I don't
Well, I have to wait until the summer to get any games. Has to do with my grades. I am fine with what the demo has (for now).
Quote from pekkaw :Buy license... Or do you really think license is too expensive?? I don't

IT IS!!!

Think of us ppl from countries such as Czech rep. where 12pounds compared to our avarage salary is prety much, while for e.g. Germans or I dont know who its not that much, ignorant..
But 12 pounds in ANY country is far less than the several hundred you will have paid for a computer to run it on, or a wheel to drive it with. I don't get how people are willing to spend, say, £500 on a PC then baulk when a further £24 is needed to play LFS properly. If money was that tight you wouldn't be writing these posts or playing LFS at all (i.e. no PC and no internet)
Quote from RaGeBbit :IT IS!!!

Think of us ppl from countries such as Czech rep. where 12pounds compared to our avarage salary is prety much, while for e.g. Germans or I dont know who its not that much, ignorant..

24 quid = 980 koruny. 24 quid for most people is enough to spend on a race sim. Most are more than that
24GBP=8500HUF!!! can u imagane what does it means? (60000 HUF for a month is the avarage salary) thats why i cant buy the game. and i think, the timed demo is a very bad idea.
The only feature I missed (and still miss) is a replay viewer that allows for demo users to watch full S2 replays. It would be so much more easy to convince some people that LFS is worth every penny.
the demos can only watch the XFG XRG and the XRT videos
I believe there used to be a trick to load replays of Fern Bay and drive that in demo,but that could also be not true at all.

You get more in this demo than you get in other demos,so y'all should be happy with what you get
A different situation would be if I didn't live in this F*CK*D UP OFFLINE BACKWOODS with that villains called Cesky Telecom and didn't wait 3years for availability and next month (still running with no progress) for realizing !!!ADSL!!!, then I would found this game definitely more worthy.
BUT offline game is barely 10% fun. Furthermore, this is !S2! which costs 24pounds. Although it is almost fullgame you will pay another money for S3 when comes out...
BTW I can't pay internationally and in CZ I think it's even more expensive

EDIT: I'm sorry, I tried to write more complex sentense than I'm able to put together.. I was talking about unavailability of any decent internet connection and didn't even mention it. I'm really ashamed.
well...i really would like if the layouts would be able on demo...(at blackwood)
if this would be possible..i would be happier than ever before
Yes, it would be cool when demo would have more content, but the devs are still people - they need to eat, pay their bills etc. And if demo has 1/2 content of S2, then, what will be the actual point of buying it? 1/2 less poeple will buy it. And devs won't have food...

EDIT: Henri150, check lfs.hx.pri.ee, if you haven't before.
Quote from Live For Kill :24GBP=8500HUF!!! can u imagane what does it means? (60000 HUF for a month is the avarage salary) thats why i cant buy the game. and i think, the timed demo is a very bad idea.

8500 HUF over there?!?!?! i understand a single american dollar/canadian dollar/ single british pound are about the same...how much would those single dollars be worth in Hungary...220 HUF? you must be runnin some weird kind of currency or whatever to need 8000 HUF to get an S2 License...i feel bad fer yeh
Quote from Sternendaal :I believe there used to be a trick to load replays of Fern Bay and drive that in demo,but that could also be not true at all.

You get more in this demo than you get in other demos,so y'all should be happy with what you get

thankfully enough...no one is makin Full S2 spr replays...last time i tried lookin at one..it got loaded up until the track...i only saw the track for a split second...and then the lFS window itself turned flat blue...(computer was not crashin...)...meaning my demo wont show the Full License cars even in replays...
This demo is pretty generous...the nK Pro demo had one car, one track, no online and was still enough to convince me to buy it.
But it's a bummer the LFS license is so expensive for some of you guys
Quote from RaGeBbit :IT IS!!!

How much does other games cost in your country ???. I think price of LFS is not expensive. This Simulator ( different than a normal game ) is a simulator to play for hours, days, months......, while other games lost interest when you had finished them.

Really it's a good investiment . I'm sure if you had bought other games, others was a poor investiment
Quote from Pumuky :How much does other games cost in your country ???. I think price of LFS is not expensive. This Simulator ( different than a normal game ) is a simulator to play for hours, days, months......, while other games lost interest when you had finished them.

Really it's a good investiment . I'm sure if you had bought other games, others was a poor investiment

well, in our country, we have hard game taxes, thats why there is 8 years old game (StarCraft) cost 1000 HUF! 1 USD=218 HUF... it maybe sounds cheap, but in the country there is economic crisis, so here it costs very much. but why do we talking about the cost of the LSF in this topic?
LFS, sry.... :lfs:

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG