The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 73: Fast Braking

This weeks theme is... "Fast Braking"

Rules: (made by Tisty, these will not be changed)

Drift braking, rally braking, racing/grip braking and hand braking is allowed.

Examples:
http://www.automotiveaddicts.c ... 9/02/blazing-rotors-1.jpg
http://image.europeancarweb.co ... _carrera_4_4s+braking.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com ... 092061_91177a9ed6.jpg?v=0

Cars:
UFR, XFR, FXR, XRR, FZR
Tracks: All Tracks
  • When you have finished your picture and want to enter it into the competition, please write 'Final Entry' in the relevant post.
  • You must provide a preview picture (no bigger than 400 x 400 pixels) as well as the High Resolution copy.
  • The preview picture does not have to be exactly 400 x 400 pixels - it can be smaller to maintain the correct aspect ratio (for example, 400 x 300 pixels)
Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400 x 400 px will not be accepted
  • No renders or old images to be used and NO VOB MODS
  • You may incorporate external non-LFS images into your work, but you MUST give a link to any images used.
  • You MUST NOT use any LFS screenshot material that does not belong to you.
Competition closes on FRIDAY, 22.10.2010. at 21:00 GMT

BONUS *FUN* RULES:

- You must obey the rules
- No bitching/moaning/arguing
I'm on it.
That's a decent topic again.
#3 - delis
Oh yeah! This is my kinda theme!
beast mode on!
Can't wait to see some quality pictures. I really really want lynce if he can to do something with this one.
#6 - Hahmo
Finally something good
Here's my attempt. Tire is flying out under the smoke after being shreaded

edit everything hand made except tire shread that is flying , cant find the original source, but I only used it for idea and some was cropped.
Attached images
photomode comp.jpg
photomodepre.jpg
Quote from Bmxtwins :Here's my attempt. Tire is flying out under the smoke after being shreaded

edit everything hand made except tire shread that is flying , cant find the original source, but I only used it for idea and some was cropped.

When was tire ever made with T-rex skin type sidewalls?

Good edit however, I could never attempt to do anything like that.
Quote from TehPaws3D :When was tire ever made with T-rex skin type sidewalls?

Good edit however, I could never attempt to do anything like that.

the tire is blown up pretty much you can see some rim through it. the trex thing your talking about on the sidewalls i believe is just the tearing of the sidewall off. pretty good edit IMO
final entry for now no external images were used
Attached images
R73 edit.jpg
R73 orig.jpg
R73 prev.jpg
Quote from Mustangman759 :the tire is blown up pretty much you can see some rim through it. the trex thing your talking about on the sidewalls i believe is just the tearing of the sidewall off. pretty good edit IMO

Tread from a street tyre torn from a racing slick is a bit weird though. Also, ripping the sidewall (probably 1 ply polyester, certainly wouldn't look like that) off takes some serious effort and is definitely impossible to achieve on just the one tyre, especially on a 4WD.

Nice idea, but didn't quite work out IMO.
Yes because every FXR I've seen pops its rear tyres after a 1 hour stint, sorry but the fronts blow first and not always both of them...
The ENTIRE tread is ripped off, in a single intact piece mind you. The only other tyre visible shows NO signs of wear at all.

Just an observation
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Mustangman759
Quote from morpha :The ENTIRE tread is ripped off, in a single intact piece mind you. The only other tyre visible shows NO signs of wear at all.

Just an observation

well it isnt done yet sherlock holmes.
-
(hazaky) DELETED by hazaky
Hazaky -
Cars:
UFR, XFR, FXR, XRR, FZR

Quote from TehPaws3D :Hazaky -
Cars:
UFR, XFR, FXR, XRR, FZR

Oh noes!

My bad, ill remove my silly post.
final

Hello,

I doesn't own S2, so can I use required cars from CMX viewer? for contest purposes of course.
#20 - 5tag
Quote from Elementary :Hello,

I doesn't own S2, so can I use required cars from CMX viewer? for contest purposes of course.

Yes you are of course allowed to do that.
Quote from Elementary :Hello,

Just make sure you save that picture where you gonna copy a car, then you can post it over here

LFS Photomode Competition Round 73: Fast Braking
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG