The online racing simulator
G25 180° of 900°
(15 posts, started )
G25 180° of 900°
Hello,
yesterday i bought a G25, and was damn happy after 2h to get the H shifter to work.

Next i noticed that the wheel only used 180 of its 900 degree of steering.

anyone know how to fix

Yes, in profiler it is 900°
they are
It may show as 900' in the global settings (in the profiler) but limited to 180 in the specific games setting options.

So even if you set it to 900 in global settings and in LFS, the specific games setting (and ticked "use special steering wheel settings) might limit the rotation to 180. Have a look in there as well.
#4 - Zay
I thought that maybe some cars can only turn their wheel 180 degrees? correct m if im wrong, but it might just be that you are using a car that has 180 degree sterring.
Sometimes you just need to go into Control Panel>Game Controllers>Properties>Settings... you don't even have to change anything, just close it all out and hit ok. That might free the wheel up to spin the full 900.
even in game controllers in control panel syas it only needs to be turned 180° to turn fully
In the profiler, select steering wheel and click on its axis properties. Have a look if the range is set to 100%.

This is quite odd, usually nothing needs to be changed. Its preset to 900 degree.
ok, i got it all fixed, but now the tortle and brakes are set alway to 50%
and botton tyoe, like 0% us or 100% use, nothing between.

hope u guys understand
Ok, check everything step by step.

In the Profiler's Specific Game Settings.
Set the overall effect strength to between 101-105%.
Set all others to 0%.

Tick use special steering wheel settings.
In Steering Wheel Settings, untick the box for Report Combined Pedals (we dont want combined pedals).
Set the degrees of rotation (i.e. 900)
Game settings, tick the box to Allow Game to Adjust Settings.
(Most info taken from the LFS Manual: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Wheels

In the Global Device Settings,
In Steering Wheel Settings, untick the box for Report Combined Pedals (we dont want combined pedals).
Set the degrees of rotation (i.e. 900)

Launch LFS via the profiler.

Press CTRL+C to recalibrate the axes. LFS should detect that a G25 is plugged in.

Have a look in here on how to set up the controller in LFS.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options#Setting_up_the_wheel

In Options>Controls;
set Wheel turn (degrees)
Throttle/brake axes: Seperate
Gear shift mode: auto/sequential/shifter
Clutch: axis
Handbrake: button

Hopefully it should work (if the axes are proplerly defined).

When you select Axes/FF, and turn the wheel you should see the yellow slider moving across the blue bar. Pressing each pedal (throttle, brake, clutch) should show the yellow slider moving smothly across the full length.

Try selecting; Remove deadzones: [No]
everything works exept the thortle and brake.
the thortle hav eno effect, and the brake it "button" effect

set to separate axesin lfs
Ok, just a quick check to see if the throttle/brakes are properly calibrated.
Have a look at the attached image (below).

To explain, at the left of the screen,
Steer: axis 0. The axis 0 corresponds to the X axis on the right of the image. The wheel is at center so, thats why the yellow bar is in the middle of the screen.

Throttle: axis 1. It corresponds to "slider 0" which is my throttle. You can see my throttle position on the bottom right of the image (virtual pedals - green bar - I've pressed the throttle to about 80%).

Brake: axis 2. Corresponds to "slider 1"k, which my brake axis. The yellow bars next to "sider 1" and "slider 2" moves left when I press the pedals. The virtual throttle/brake positions at the bottom right of the screeen moves accordingly, showing that LFS reads what pedals I'm pushing.

I hope you understood that.

Can you please explain what happens to the yellow bars (next to axes 1,2 etc) and the vitual pedals when you press the throttle/brakes.

From what I've seen, IF the pedals are set to seperate, theres no way for them to act as buttons (just on/off positions).

If the pedals have been incorrectly assigned, try play around with the axes and reassigned them. I think your throttle axis is not assigned.

Good luck!
Attached images
Pedals.jpg
they only do 100% effect or 0% effect, nothing between, yello bars stait in middle, then as sonn as i just touch the brake or throttlr, it turns fully to the left
Does the wheel/pedals work with any other games? Maybe its a hardware problem?

Anyway, get the latest drivers for the g25 off the logitech site and reinstall the drivers/profiler.

I'm all out of ideas...
i have latest porgram of profiler, and it doesent work in other games
I have uploaded the problem,
looks the same in Game controllers

[url="See my problem"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru7Y8Xfkx0o[/url]

G25 180° of 900°
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG