The online racing simulator
Cockpit textures
(59 posts, started )
Cockpit textures
Right, Hello i am back!

TEXTURE UPDATE!

added FXR dashboard

28/9/06 Fixed the FXR dashboard and removed fake dials that use to be there

Its been a while since i have last touched the cockpits in lfs, untill today that is. Today i have reworked the LX cockpit and the XF cockpit. I will gradually try and improve most of the cars in lfs.

Note: the steering wheel textures was not made by me!

Changes:

LX Added more highlights to the dash, added rims around the dials, lfs logo on the right a more dashboard looking texture pattern. Ohh and some carpet update though its not really noticable...!
NOTE If you drive on the right hand side make sure you get the right driver position lx interior otherwise the lfs logo on the dashboard will appear backwards!!

XF Replaced the door texture with a completely new one, added new buttons, radio, and more buttons for the dash middle panel.
both XF_Interior1.dds, XF_Interior2.dds need to be installed!!!!

FXR Replaced door texture, dashboard completely, added new vents, gauges and radio...

Install instructions:

Place the dds files into your LFS/data/dds folder it will ask you to overwrite current files.. click YES! make sure you have backed up the dds files you are replacing beforehand though!....

LX logo edition logo on the dashboard available here
LINK
Attached images
LX  before-after.jpg
XF   before-after.jpg
FXR before-after.jpg
Attached files
XF_Interior1.dds - 682.8 KB - 1479 views
XF_Interior2.dds - 682.8 KB - 1576 views
LX_interior2.dds - 682.8 KB - 1005 views
LX_(right driver position).rar - 319.1 KB - 558 views
FX_Interior2.dds - 682.8 KB - 940 views
I like it... nice job!
the rollcage is part of the skin

they look pretty good
Looks quite nice
Quote from XCNuse :the rollcage is part of the skin

they look pretty good

ahh is it? hmmm will have a look.... cheers

btw those textures are no where near finished...quite a bit needs to be done. especially some of the hightlights and blending, at the moment the pictures have been cut out and placed. Both took me around 30 mins to make ....
Quote from XCNuse :the rollcage is part of the skin

Bottom right hand corner, small box. Thats the roll cage bit.
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hello

I was in the process of making my own cockpit for the fxr but i wasnt able to find the texture to the yellow rollcage. Does anyone know what the texture file is called if it can be skinned at all? It think the yellow looks rubbish!!! You can see in the the second picture on the left..!!!

thanks in advance

mad

Looking good
hey mad,
looking good buddy. any chance of a release?or just private?
Don't talk about private!
ill be happy to release the first texture once ive actually finished it, at the moment university is taking too much of my time. The second cockpit i am unsure about whether i can release as i used some of the texture from Simbins GTR , not sure they would be too happy if i released it public in lfs using some of their textures. The first texture would be ok as that was pieced together from a number of pictures i found on the net..
Dont think about the Simbids GTR's just realease it. I like them.
#12 - Don
wow, that is very nice
the first one really fits the FXR, but wouldnt the second one look better on FXO as it is more 'civil' ?
i LOVE the fxr one!!!
just got a pm from someone asking me how i have done the steering wheel, just to make it CLEAR.. the steering wheel was done by someone else..all credit for that goes to them, i only modded the texture of the dashboard....

just to make that clear... ive been trying to find where i got that momo wheel.. as other people have asked for it.. anyone know?

cheers
Boris Lozac, here. Lovely bit of work too I might add.

Looking forward to your work too Madman
cheers there Tristan for the info... thx to Kajojek tooooo below
Ye the yellow looks horrible.

But, I must say your talented man.. goodjob. I like it

EDIT: Will you be releasing these Interiors?

Regards,
Sinister747
will do once they are complete.....at the moment i am in the final 3 weeks of my university course so i am working over time on my project.. will finish them after uni is done..

mad
WOAH :| Looks GREAT man! I was thinking of doing something similar, but it wasn't turning out very well.. Can't wait for an XRR version!
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hello

I was in the process of making my own cockpit for the fxr but i wasnt able to find the texture to the yellow rollcage. Does anyone know what the texture file is called if it can be skinned at all? It think the yellow looks rubbish!!! You can see in the the second picture on the left..!!!

thanks in advance

mad

If you don't mind, i'd like to Have the texture you used on The Steering Wheel Grip, could you send me ?
Boris Lozac made it, search for it
Quote from tristancliffe :Boris Lozac made it, search for it

Thanks M8
Madman, I am anxiously waiting for it, when r u gonna finish it?!
Kinda like a long car ride... only instead of the kids in the back seat saying "Are we there yet!? Are we there yet!? Are we th-" you have all of us, asking "Is it done yet!? Is it done yet!? Is it do-"...

So.. how long till you yell at us for asking too much?

MAGGOT

P.S. ....... "Is it done yet!?"

Cockpit textures
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG