The online racing simulator
#1 - SamH
KY GP LONG/BF1 IS TEH L33T0rZ!!!11ONE11ELEVEN
AH3M! AHEM!.. Sorry about that.. anyway..

One of the most UNpopular tracks on LFS, historically, I know it does have its fans but by and large I never got the impression people liked this track. In fact I got the impression they really DIDN'T.

But NOW.. OMFG.. this track was MADE for the BF1, even if it was built before the BF1 was a twinkle in Scavier's eye. I kid ye not.. it's absolutely gorgeous to drive. It's no time-waster either.. it's a hellishly fast track, with some difficult corners and some lovely straights.. it's wonderful.

It takes some time, if you're not familiar with the track.. you can be thoroughly blindsided by the various corners and the fact that two of the corners seem (at least to me) almost identical to approach, but a billion trillion miles apart to actually DRIVE.. catches me out loads.. but it's wonderful. Goodbye Fern Bay Green/FOX.. hello Japan!

Has anyone else's favourite track changed as a result of the new car and physics? What was your fave track/car combination been replaced with?
i played KY GP reverse.... yeah, its outstanding with bf1 :O
#3 - avih
yes, ky gp long has always been a great track. very nice for fox, quite hard for fo8. haven't tried it with the bf1, but my guess is that it's gonna rock
#4 - ajp71
I love KY GP Long, however, I joined a server running reverse grids which has got to be the worst thing you can do with the BF1.
Yes, tested the combo offline last night and it was great, like said the BF is just made for it! It did eat my tires pretty quick but it was fun
#6 - avih
Quote from Blackout :Yes, tested the combo offline last night and it was great, like said the BF is just made for it! It did eat my tires pretty quick but it was fun

keeping the tires workable is one of the major challanges of this track
I just tried to have a race in that combo, starting from almost last place. A usual T1 mayhem in front of me.

I dunno, I like the FO8 now more than BF1. FO8 is a real blast now.
I loved this track ever since it was in lfs, I still love it. Too bad it isn't popular.
*will f*** for S2 license*
Still waiting for that "Kyoto Short". I bet Kyoto will still be very unpopular because it's too long. Before this patch it also had some annoying corners where the grip issues were too obvious.
I took part in a 4h event last night, gtr-class@ky3 ... it's a very nice track
Fav. car changed: LX4
I tried to like the F08 at the ky gp long but it was at times just too painful. With the update it became too easy

I want the Q 1/2 patch
Kyoto Long rocks! I had some GTR races there and it's just fabu!
I always KY long, but its very tyre eating
i like kyoto national more
#17 - Vain
SS + KY GP = love
Drive it with the FOX, FO8 or BF1, it's always nice.

Vain
Quote from Vain :SS + KY GP = love
Drive it with the FOX, FO8 or BF1, it's always nice.

Vain

what about the mrt? :P
#19 - Vain
I call that a motorized shopping cart or overpower lawn mower.

Vain
It's still SS mind you
AS North + BF1 = Mind Blowing.
There's no such thing as a track too long (except oval... but that's because it's just boring).

Me Kyoto GP Long
Just had a few races on there with the BF1 and it's a blast

Unfortunately on those short races you have to take the last chicane flat out going over all kinds of rumble to be competitive, but alteast it seems to be causing a bit of damage if you're unlucky, making that driving style invalid for longer races. Suspension damage still needs a workover, as going over the blue-yellow (?) chicane obstacles with 290 km/h doesn't seem to cause any major damage - sometimes even no damage at all.

Speaking of longer races, R3's are toast after those 5 laps, looks like the BF1 will be the first car to really need R4 tyres (on some tracks).
#24 - mr_x
BF1 and KYGP long works very well! was the 2nd track i tried with the BF1, i still prefer AS North with it though

from saying im barely gonna be racing the BF1, i hate to admit it, but i kinda like it! however still doesn't beat the UF1000
I've always liked KY Long very much. Wish it was played more earlier. I was there in the FZR and dropped like 6 or 7 seconds off my time with the patch.

The patch I don't think changes anything for me (as far as what I love). I'm not thrilled with the BF1. My love still stands with the FZR and my fav. tracks are still KYLong, ASGP, and Westhill. Now, I'm hoping the novelty of the BF1 wears off fast, because I'm not racing right now, I'm flying the flight sim. There's nothing out there right now to race, everyone is in the BF1! Can't wait for the GTR lovers to come back to them. Also hope that KYLong and ASGP become more popular with the GTR crowd, though I don't think ASGP will.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG