The online racing simulator
#1 - arco
Tapatalk - browse and post on the forum from a mobile phone
Nowadays, when nearly everyone has some kind of smartphone, it would be great to have this available here, instead of using the phones browser. It's much faster and more convenient to use than the browser on the phone.

http://tapatalk.com/

Btw. I don't know what your future plans are for this forum, sticking with vB3 or upgrading to vB4. But seeing as vB4 is considered a bit of a failure by quite a few people, many forum owners are holding up on the upgrade until it matures more. However, two of the core developers of vB left the company a while back when it was taken over by IB (Internet Brands), and recently it was uncovered that they are working on their own forum software. It might be worth having an eye on how it progresses, but so far I'm really liking what I see. Check it out at: http://xenforo.com/
I support this.
Up to this

There will be support for this app on lfs forum?
I think I suggested this like a year ago, or maybe it was another forum...
Quote from BullHorn :I think I suggested this like a year ago, or maybe it was another forum...

I did a search and this was only one thread about this suggestion, so you must be done in other forum
#6 - PoVo
Me wantz.
Tapakeg
Like everybody is going to F5 this forum on a mobile phone
Tapatalk is something I can't see the point of. It's like £8 on the appstore and not even a majority of forums support it. If you post from an iPhone/iPod Touch then you're hardly going to be writing a big wall of text, you'd use it for a quick catch up when out an about. I've never had any problems posting on any forum from my iPhone using the standard web browser.

I wouldn't be against getting it but not at an actual extra cost or something.
I have tried tapatalk today and I think it would be very good for lfsforum. Reading the forum on the iPhone is not easy and tapatalk could solve the situation.
+1

This is the only forum I use regularly that I can't get on tapatalk.
A great app.

+1
up... will it have any support for tapatalk?
this is an amazing tool for us forums users...
Tapatalk Support
...will be released soon... i guess when v0.8 is out (2022 or so). But why should they think about modern things, when they never get the game out of early beta state?
#15 - pipa
Quote from Slowmover :...will be released soon... i guess when v0.8 is out (2022 or so). But why should they think about modern things, when they never get the game out of early beta state?

Playing this game for over a year for free, certainly gives you the right to complain.
This would be great to have. I use tapatalk on other forums already
I would say go for it, doesn't cost lfs anything and I'm sure quite a few people here use tapatalk anyway, I've got it on my phone and iPad
This is the last thing everyone needs to be worrying about.

These forums are fine the way they are, adding mobile friendly forums will only delay further progress on core development.

If you can't use the browser that came with your smartphone, you probably shouldn't own a smartphone, they are not complicated.
#19 - Wobo
Further delays? Even don't joke, installing Taptalk plugin can take ~5mins , no more.

[LIST]
[*]Place the zip package at the root of your forum system.
[*]Unzip the package. You should see a directory called "[B]mobiquo[/B]" inside your forum system root directory. For example, if your forum URL is http://www.mysite.com/forum, it should be placed at http://www.mysite.com/forum/mobiquo/.
[*]Login to Administration Control Panel
[*]Go to 'Plugin & Products' -> 'Manage Products' and click 'Add/Import Products' on the page bottom.
[*]Import the XML file 'product-tapatalk.xml' found inside the "mobiquo" directory in your server. To import, choose 'Import the XML file from your server' and enter './mobiquo/product-tapatalk.xml', click the "Import" button.
[/LIST]

+1 for tapatalk.
Anyone having serious problems accessing the forums via their mobile browsers? Why buying that app for your smartphone otherwise?
Just download opera mobile for iphone/android/blackberry/java and this is perfect.

But +1 for it.

Send from my Xperia x10
Quote from TFalke55 :Anyone having serious problems accessing the forums via their mobile browsers? Why buying that app for your smartphone otherwise?

It has its own interface. Tapatalk is now widely used and it only requires a few minutes to install.

Only annoying thing is this useless
Quote from theodu69 :
Send from my Xperia x10

crap nobody gives a f# about. But this can be censored.

Send from my LY531EA
I tried Tapatalk. It makes forums annoying and hard to use. I'll stick with Safari. Oh, an Tapatalk adds a really annoying message that you have to cancel when you don't want to use it.
A popu that only shows up the first time you load that page. But yeah, for those who don't use Tapatalk is a bit annoying.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG