The online racing simulator
LLSS 2010 Round 10: Race Discussion
Discuss !

Raceday is Friday, 27 August 2010. All times are UTC. You may convert them to your local timezone with the help of the Time Zone Converter.

1740 15 Minute Free Practice
1800 Qualifying (1 hotlap per car)
1830 Shootout: 10 laps + 2 pace laps.
1845 Sprint Race: 40 Laps (+2 pace laps). Rolling start, 30 minute time limit.
1920 Feature Race: 80 Laps (+2 pace laps). Rolling Start, 60 minute time limit.

Notes:
  • A turnaround otuside of the standard track area will be performed on the first pace lap, to get everyone going in the correct direction.
  • There is a "pitlane" available for use to reset your car. You are able to use a marked pit box to reset your car to a new state. Remember, fuel is not provided here. Anyone found to reset from outside of a pitbox will be disqualified from the race.
  • Drivers are to drive through the pitlane at no more than 50 kph / 31 mph. Exceeding this will result in having to make a pass through this pitlane at pit speed.
Since I saw some guys practicing - will in qualifying be allowed to take inrun from outside of track gaining more speed?
#3 - IMOL
Quote from Eclipsed :Since I saw some guys practicing - will in qualifying be allowed to take inrun from outside of track gaining more speed?

I think no...
Is there anyone out there willing to share a setup for this race? I would greatly appreciate it. Please??
Quote from Eclipsed :Since I saw some guys practicing - will in qualifying be allowed to take inrun from outside of track gaining more speed?

You may take an outside line in the turn, but may not leave the bounds of the track (outside bounded by the edge of the grass on straights, and the chalk lines to the outside.
urgh got owned into T1 and then someone spun on restart and took me and lims by surprise. Then me and Simon had a niec battle but ofcourse, Simon beats me in most ways.

Atleast I had a battle with someone. Although it prematurely ended my weekend :\
f*cked up everything from quali to shootout. Bah.

Sorry for the ragequit. Had to run 15 minutes in the woods at a race pace under the heavy rain and the night, to get rid of the frustration.

PS: Small statement about my incident with #24 at 5:25 in the shootout. After his spin in the barriers at lap 7 turn 1 he went cartwheeling in the airs on my LFS, because of lag. Since I feared he would land on my car or just in front of him, I decided the safest option would be to go flat out until passing his car. Then I got his accurate position on my LFS a few tenths of a second afterwards, which was... standing on the track in the wrong way, right in front of me It was then too late to avoid him.
I'm very sorry for ending your chances too Yann. I use auto-gears because I have no choice not to, and I slowed just enough for my car to drop to 1st gear which caused me to spin around. You have no idea how bad I feel about that. The very last thing I want is to end someones race.

My sincere apologies to anyone else involved.
Quote from arnold cottenier :I'm very sorry for ending your chances too Yann. I use auto-gears because I have no choice not to, and I slowed just enough for my car to drop to 1st gear which caused me to spin around. You have no idea how bad I feel about that. The very last thing I want is to end someones race.

My sincere apologies to anyone else involved.

Nah, I've absolutely no hard feelings about you at all, no worries... Was just explaining the situation a bit, since someone running flat-out into someone else under SC might look a bit weird from the outside.

You didn't end my race anyway, I just lost 2 places.

Anyway that's strange, why can't you go to manual? Shifter not working? I mean, you should fix that if possible, because it represents quite a huge disavantage.

Quali was crap, just I expected. Before qualifying i got Davids set so I make 20's, before 21's.

Anyway, shootout went very well. When other crashed on T1, I took the lead. But after SC went to te pits, problems started. I tried too much, then Joel overtook me. Then I tried too much after that and Lims overtook me. 3rd place is not so bad

On sprint I knew race would be hard because David's cambers were sheet. Many SC's however saved my tyres and I was 11th.

On sprint SC's helped me too, but spinned to the wall and game was over. At least I mage +60 laps!

See you on Kyoto!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Nah, I've absolutely no hard feelings about you at all, no worries... Was just explaining the situation a bit, since someone running flat-out into someone else under SC might look a bit weird from the outside.

You didn't end my race anyway, I just lost 2 places.

Anyway that's strange, why can't you go to manual? Shifter not working? I mean, you should fix that if possible, because it represents quite a huge disavantage.

No, it's because I'm paralyzed from the chest down and I can only use my right arm to drive with a joystick. I can't push any buttons for shifting, can only steer and use throttle/brake with the joystick.
I'll just facepalm. That should say everything about this event.
Quote from arnold cottenier :No, it's because I'm paralyzed from the chest down and I can only use my right arm to drive with a joystick. I can't push any buttons for shifting, can only steer and use throttle/brake with the joystick.

Ah I see.
Oh, by the way. In one of the races under safety car, or on a start, I can't remember what it was. Every car disappeared on track, and my lag bar went up.. So I thought I was going to time out then I realised I was still hearing people talking in TS.. So I tried to hold pace and boothy was shouting abuse at me in TS to slow down because I was ahead of the lead cars and I was pretty much shouting back saying I couldn't see the pack and wondering wtf to do.. I was just about to pull into the pits so I didn't kill anyone.. Then everyone re-appeared and I got back in line.
It was weird

LLSS 2010 Round 10: Race Discussion
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG