The online racing simulator
Recomend me an ATI card
(62 posts, started )
Recomend me an ATI card
There are too many cars out there to choose...so I'll need a bit of help

When I updated my computer I bought everything but the graphic card. So I expect the new card to last equal or more than the processor.
Also, I think my limit is about 100€, maybe 120 as the maximum.

I am looking for an ATI card.

My actual specs:

Processor........AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 2,80GHz
Mother board...GIGABYTE MA790XT-UD4P AM3 790X
RAM.............. 4GB @ 1333MHz
Graphic card... ATI HD2600XT

I guess I'll need a new power suply aswell, but thats another matter hehe

Thx in advance
Maybe a HD4850 if it's around 100 euro there.
Could be an option.

It is important/interesting look for a DX11 compatible card?
i have an ATI radeon HD 5770 and i couldnt be happier. it has a HDMI to DVI adapter and everything
Thats 60€ more expensive than my limit
oh my bad..i dont really know the price as i got it for christmas, but it is a wonderful card, and if you wanna splurge and go for it its highly recomended
How much do 3870x2-s cost there?
Quote from bmwe30m3 :How much do 3870x2-s cost there?

I can't find that card in any of the shops :S
#9 - RiGun
the ATi HD4850 is good but be sure to get the doble slot version as the single slot gets hot, also, if you find some HD4870 within your budget go for it, it's a really nice card.
Yeah 4850 or 4870. Don't mind about the cooler, you can always put on a aftermarket one, they work even better.

ATM, DX11 is not that interesting.
Ok, then I'll start to compare models
Quote from Whiskey :Thats 60€ more expensive than my limit

are you sure? here you can have a 5770 with 512mb for ~115€ and a 1024mb (which id recommend) model for ~130
the 4870 should be a bit cheaper and slightly faster but will sap a lot more power and run a heck of a lot hotter
Quote from Whiskey :There are too many cars out there to choose...so I'll need a bit of help

When I updated my computer I bought everything but the graphic card. So I expect the new card to last equal or more than the processor.
Also, I think my limit is about 100€, maybe 120 as the maximum.

I am looking for an ATI card.

My actual specs:

Processor........AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 2,80GHz
Mother board...GIGABYTE MA790XT-UD4P AM3 790X
RAM.............. 4GB @ 1333MHz
Graphic card... ATI HD2600XT

I guess I'll need a new power suply aswell, but thats another matter hehe

Thx in advance

you can also unlock the 4th core with that motherboard too. check the gigabyte site for a bios update.
a new or used 4850-4890 would be a nice upgrade. if you want directx 11 features, then a 5750-5770 is okay for lower resolutions.
Quote from dadge :you can also unlock the 4th core with that motherboard too. check the gigabyte site for a bios update.

providing it's not busted. personally, i'd rather not take the risk of quirky software errors, and buy a proper chip.
Quote from dadge :you can also unlock the 4th core with that motherboard too. check the gigabyte site for a bios update.

As Bunder said, I won't activate it (if it works) until I really need to before upgrade my computer again

@Shotglass: seems things are cheapier in Germany, here the 4850 is worth 12-130€
Why won't u try it?
Unlock it, if it's not stable lock it again, nothing hard.
Why activate it if my processor never reaches more than 60% load?
For it's full potential
Quote from Whiskey :Why activate it if my processor never reaches more than 60% load?

why buy a porsche when a fiat 500 will get you from "A" to "B"?
About a month ago a read an article that 3 cores performed exactly the same as 4 cores on recent games, now if you are working with heavy video or imaging soft then the 4th core will help a lot.
60% load on 3 cores is 20% each. 60% load on 4 cores is 15% each. the math is easy dude.

Recomend me an ATI card
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG